1.    #1  
    Just wondering what your guys though are when will we see some more apps in the app store?
    good question.. maybe a legit facebook app for starters? Heck they made that big facebook stage... they should have full featured app
    Give it time
    Palm needs to focus much effort into getting apps in the store every day, even if they are just front ends to existing web sites. It should be their top priority. They should dedicate some development staff to developing small apps asap.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    I emailed the WHERE developer about an issue I've had and he mentioned that he expects an update to be approved in the next few days. I'm hoping that at the same time, more apps will be added as well.
    yeah, for me the pre is still on probation. it has tremendous potential, but either updates or apps are going to have to come in real soon or i'm gonna start eying the new iphone.
    I asked this of my Pre Advocate when I was in the store having a programming problem fixed. He said there are approx 2500 apps in the pipeline. He is checking the app store daily for new additions. FWIW
    Your advocate is likely full of **** since the SDK hasn't been released from closed beta.

Give it 2 months or so for some decent apps in any significant numbers.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    My guess is about a month or so you will see a flood of new apps....

I only say that because it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Palm decides to release the SDK quickly after WWDC to try and steal a bit of Apple's thunder
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Your advocate is likely full of **** since the SDK hasn't been released from closed beta.

Give it 2 months or so for some decent apps in any significant numbers.
    I can deal with 2 months for apps but longer than that and I'm gonna get somewhat annoyed. The SDK should be out by now I would think too.. I WANT a Facebook app with notifications... And an add-on for MSN and Yahoo support would make my Pre awesome.
    From the SplashData forums:

Also, the Pre native version of SplashID should be available as soon as Palm approves it for release in their application catalog.
    Quote Originally Posted by GregV View Post
    From the SplashData forums:

Sounds like it's done. I hope the same goes for SplashMoney.
    Very glad about that... though I'll have to re-enter my data for it. I hope they don't mean it's a native client for their subscription service though...
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    It only took 5 days for Pandora to be created for the Pre vs 2 months for the iphone. Once the SDK is out it could potential sky rocket the number of Apps.
    I'm all about apps, but I'd MUCH rather see an OS update first.
    Quote Originally Posted by temperamentalman View Post
    I'm all about apps, but I'd MUCH rather see an OS update first.
    It's probably completely different groups of people responsible for these things.
    The Palm rep that was at my store mentioned that there should be something like 100 apps coming through the pipeline for the live app store. I forgot to ask when, I was expecting to see them over the weekend. Guy could have been blowing smoke.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    I'm hearing Monday. But that's just the interwebs talking..
  18.    #18  
    another disappointing app day for the pre
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    I just keep hearing Freddy Mercury's voice in my head:

Listen all you people come gather round
    I gotta get me a game plan gotta shake you to the ground
    Just give me what I know is mine
    People do you hear me just give me the sign
    It aint much Im asking if you want the truth
    Heres to the future for the dreams of youth
    I want it all, I want it all, I want it all, and I want it now
    I want it all (yes I want it all) I want it all (hey)
    I want it all and I want it now
    Why do you guys expect more apps when the SDK hasn't been released??

I don't think Palm's gonna release the SDK until after the 3GS is out and they need the spotlight again.