1.    #1  
    So, I got SplashID, SplashMoney, PockeTunes and Kinoma.

SplashID and Splash Money work without any database, but once you add databases and enter your reg IDs, all you get is the blue screen of death.

PocketTunes keeps failing now and it won't take my reg code.

Kinoma works, but it can't play any youtube videos because the sound or video it's not compatible.

Anybody got these working? I did install the ROMupdater and have my databases under Classic/Install
    i couldnt even get kinoma to install because of no network access from the app. this is definitly a 1.0 app. gonna wait till the 1.2 update comes out to decide on this one, it useless for now.
    Same problem here. Classic just gives me the blue screen of death. I've tried deleting Classic from my Pre so I can reinstall with different apps that I had on my treo but it doesn't make any difference. The prc's and pdb's that I copied into the install folder are no longer visible so I have no clue how to delete all of these but they seem to still be there even after deleting Classic! Anybody out there got any ideas?
  4.    #4  
    Somehow I got SplashID and SplashMoney to work. Kinoma and PocketTunes can be opened, but nothing works. If anybody got those two to work let us know.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by traumadoc416 View Post
    Same problem here. Classic just gives me the blue screen of death. I've tried deleting Classic from my Pre so I can reinstall with different apps that I had on my treo but it doesn't make any difference. The prc's and pdb's that I copied into the install folder are no longer visible so I have no clue how to delete all of these but they seem to still be there even after deleting Classic! Anybody out there got any ideas?
    If you delete Classic, backup your Pre, and then do a "full erase" it will remove Classic and all the PalmOS apps you installed in Classic. This will give you a clean slate to try again. Apparently application install/uninstall in WebOS is something that is in its 1.0.2 stage.

Edit: Of course do a backup before you do the full erase.
    Last edited by wjclint; 06/07/2009 at 03:35 PM.
    Phone History: VisorPhone --> Treo180 --> Treo650--> Treo700p--> PalmCentro --> HTCTouchDiamond (2weeks) --> PalmCentro --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by wjclint View Post
    If you delete Classic, backup your Pre, and then do a "full erase" it will remove Classic and all the PalmOS apps you installed in Classic. This will give you a clean slate to try again. Apparently application install/uninstall in WebOS is something that is in its 1.0.2 stage.
    Please forgive me if these are stupid questions. How do I back up my pre? Also, what is a "full erase" and will it erase all the preferences I changed in other apps on my pre?
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Why are you trying to install Kinoma and PTunes on your pre? There are native music and video players. If I had to guess, neither of these apps will work because both rely to some degree on network access that is not available to the "Classic" app (for example both check for software updates on launch). Furthermore, I believe Kinoma was closely tied to the older palm hardware, utilizing some direct access to some of the video capabilities of the hardware on treo's and other palm's that supported it.