1.    #1  
    I can not get any weather radar animations to work. Any help here?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomyah View Post
    I can not get any weather radar animations to work. Any help here?
    I have the same question. I have tried a couple diff sites.
    May be flash related (which we don't have yet). Check out the Accuweather app, I thought I saw radar in there somewhere.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Go to weather.com (weather channel), enter your zip code up top, and then go to where the radar should be and click on classic maps, then animated maps. Works on mine
    Quote Originally Posted by wessock View Post
    Go to weather.com (weather channel), enter your zip code up top, and then go to where the radar should be and click on classic maps, then animated maps. Works on mine
    It took me a few minutes but I realized the classic is on the bottom of the page.
    It works very well and I love how you can pinch and zoom in on an area.
    It's a keeper.
    Thanks!
    And add that page to the launcher for quick access (page->web->page->add launcher)
  7.    #7  
    Personally, I hate the weather channel, there radars look like crap. I found one at accuweather the enhanced radar with animation works with our phones. Not my personal choice, but makes me happy for now, I guess I'll keep my phone, lol. I do miss my opera 9.5 on my modded out htc touch though.
    Many weather sites use animated GIFs for radar images, but unfortunately, animated GIFs don't seem to render in the web browser - only renders the first frame.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    They definitely need to add Animated GIF support. I could understand them disabling it to save bandwidth for page loads, but there should be an option under the dropdown to "Enable Animations" for a given page.