Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I haven't seen this as of yet, and if it already exists, please let me know where or move this post to there...

What are your experiences with the apps in the App Store? I know there aren't many, but we've spent so much time talking about all the features, good and bad, of the Pre that we left out the apps.

Pandora seems to work very well. I've only played with it for a few minutes but it's pretty impressive. Tweed and AccuWeather are great as well.

What are your thoughts? Favorites? Wastes of time?
    Fandango is pretty impressive.
    Express Stocks didn't seem to recognize any stock symbols other than the pre-loaded Sprint & Palm. There is also no information in the app as to how to accomplish this.

I just typed the ticker symbols: GOOG, for example.

If I am entering the symbols incorrectly, someone please let me know.
    Yeah, I noticed that Express Stocks doesn't work too... I deleted all of the symbols that it came with and tried to add my stocks and it won't recognize any of the symbols. Pretty weird.
    This really isn't an app store review, but an included phone app. Sprint navigation is a poor man's gps. It lacks basic features such as disabling U-turns. Text to Speech is very choppy and the voice is low. It's extremely slow to re-route, and even stopped giving me directions when I chose to go against the app's route. I have several standalone GPS devices. Even the lower-end ones work better than Sprint's.

By the way, this thread should be stickied
    I was thinking of starting a thread on this. The App store is the biggest disappointment with the Pre. I was not expecting thousands of Apps so soon. But I got the impression that there would be more than this. The only ones I had any interest in was Accuweather, which is fine but not really any better than a weather site in the browser. And Classic which so far only works with 1 of the three Apps I have tried so far.
    Avigo > PalmIII > PalmIIIEX > Visor > Prism > Prism w/Data module > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700P > Pre
    I can't stand the annoying ads that slide into view in the AccuWeather app.
    1. does Pandora run in the background???????? Sprint TV/Radio does not.
    2. not excited about giving them my email DOB etc.
    The Accuweather app is great except for the ad. It gives you a nice presentation with all the info you need.

Fandango is perfect. It does everything you want it to do and expect it to do. Picking a movie and watching the trailer is perfect, buying is easy, it puts it onto your calender and I had no issue picking up my tickets.

Connect Four is my favorite app, lol. It's just Connect Four. I haven't had luck playing online (which seems pointless unless it has text chat which is doubtful) but the Pass and Play option is perfect, I've played my friends a few times. It's fun.

Where is the best app. It has the same data for weather as Accuweather, minus the annoying ads and a cleaner interface. Gas prices, clean traffic info, news, even Starbucks and a chatroom. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by MoreSolutions View Post
    It is annoying. You should switch to Where for weather.
    how are those other apps? anything GREAT?
    Best App for me so far is Pandora. Runs beautifully and MUCH MUCH crisper and faster than the Slacker App on my iphone...
    I really like the Today app - the display is beautiful, and it's just the right amount of info.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreSolutions View Post
    The very first ad that was displayed for me was for T-Mobile. Kinda ironic, no?

rotello
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    does anyone know when more apps will be available? craigslist was supposed to be available but its not.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    one of the apps I would like to have is a password keeper like the one that's on my pearl.
    FWIW I asked the Pre advocate about apps. He says there are 2500 apps in the pipeline and they'll be available soon. He didn't say what apps.
  17.    #17  
    So far I'm impressed with the quality of most of the apps in the store (yeah I know, there's only like 10 lol).

I love that Pandora can run in the background.
  18.    #18  
    Sticky request? Hey Mods, help us out!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    1. does Pandora run in the background???????? Sprint TV/Radio does not.
    2. not excited about giving them my email DOB etc.
    Pandora does run in the background. Sometimes it slows down the system, when your doing a lot of multi-tasking. But overall, its fine in the background.

Sprint TV/Radio doesn't seem to. I'd like to add, that when I had my instinct, there were so many free channels.. Now theres crap for selection. I want fox news back, etc!
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberBec View Post
    I really like the Today app - the display is beautiful, and it's just the right amount of info.
    whats this TODAY app you speak of????????
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast