Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Only app I don't really think is that good, mostly from the lay out is the AP news application. They should just make it more like the one on the Iphone. This one is done in a more divisional way, and I like browsing at multiple news stories at once (per category).

The Where app first came to the G1, and I loved it. It's as good if not better on Palm Pre, which makes me happy. Love looking at local gas prices (not always accurate, but close), yelp reviews, traffic updates (totally awesome), and honestly there movie locater works better or as good as flixter or fandango, but without the need for an extra application.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    whats this TODAY app you speak of????????
    The Today Show app from the app catalog
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Where and Fandango are the most useful apps. Where does just about all of the added functions my Garmin GPS's MSN stuff does. Gas prices, traffic, and weather with having to whip out the GPS.

Fandango is exactly what I thought it would be.

Flixster seems a little sluggish and doesn't do too much differently than Fandango.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post

Where is the best app. It has the same data for weather as Accuweather, minus the annoying ads and a cleaner interface. Gas prices, clean traffic info, news, even Starbucks and a chatroom. I love it.
    I'm attempting to try it but when I launch it, it just sits there with a spinning circle saying "Resolving address......"
    If you Twitter, like I do, SPAZ is really nice. Much better than Tweed.

For some reason my WHERE just does not resolve my location. All the other apps work fine doing that. I cannot check WHERE out. ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Pandora, Fandango, Where all great. Even the Today show app is good. One thing though the video that is shown is kinda grainy and jittery, very much low rez. Was expecting better. Heck my 2 yr ols Iphone shows better. Get the bit rate better.
    Does Fandango keep playing music even if you turn the screen off? Also, how is the sound quality?

I was disappointed in the stock market app...no graphs!

Oh, and I don't even have my Pre yet...have to wait until Wednesday!
    I think he means the todayshow app. And there are many interesting apps out yet. Definitely pandora. Its very good. Umh... Accuweather is pretty good. Can't wait to see what kind of other apps will be out in a week after release
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    for those complaining about express stocks....i think it works great. i put a bunch of stock symbols in and its working perfect (of course the market isnt open till tomorrow..but you know)
    i initially had trouble adding stocks to handmark express, but i deleted and re-added the pre-installed ones and it worked for some reason.
    I've been having some issues with WHERE myself. Basically, it never finds where I am, just has the spinning logo the whole time, even though other location apps are working perfectly. I emailed the developer (it's great how easy it is to do that from the actual device) and he mentioned there's an update just waiting for approval that should fix it. He said he expected it in the next few days, so I'm hoping that we'll get more apps in the Catalog then too.
  12.    #32  
    The Today Show I'm assuming.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Does Fandango keep playing music even if you turn the screen off? Also, how is the sound quality?

I was disappointed in the stock market app...no graphs!

Oh, and I don't even have my Pre yet...have to wait until Wednesday!
    Yes it does, in fact I'm listening to it right now with the screen turned off. Though it flashes the screen back on after each song change to give you a quick notification, stays on for about 5-10 seconds then back to black.

I really like Spaz, needs a little work but overall I think it's a better app than Tweed. I like the interface a little better.

Where is the current power app though. That thing is just awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I think you mean Pandora and yes, it does continue to play music even if the screen is off. If you turn it back on, even if the phone is locked it will show the artist, track name, pause/play, and thumbs up/thumbs down in a nice, small screen.
    Sweet...I am guessing the screen is locked when Pandora flashes up between songs? I plan on using the phone as my music player while cutting grass....would suck if I would accidentally dial people whenever Pandora flashes up between each song.

Too bad the radar on Accuweather is not animated, that would be sweet.

And yes, I do miss graphs in the Stock Market App, but something tells me that there will be plenty of others!
    LOL...yes I meant Pandora! OMG...can't believe I screwed that one up!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Paladin View Post
    If you Twitter, like I do, SPAZ is really nice. Much better than Tweed.

For some reason my WHERE just does not resolve my location. All the other apps work fine doing that. I cannot check WHERE out. ii
    Auto Locate and Use GPS on?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Paladin View Post
    Same issue I have, and I contacted them, they said an update will be available soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeshan View Post
    for those complaining about express stocks....i think it works great. i put a bunch of stock symbols in and its working perfect (of course the market isnt open till tomorrow..but you know)
    What exactly did you do?

I deleted PALM and tried to re-enter, no luck.
    Still getting an error on GOOG
    do you have to enter the market, perhaps? nyse, otc, etc.?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast