1.    #1  
    Have one alarm set to go off on weekdays at 4:45, and it went off today (Sunday). WTF, did I miss a hidden setting somewhere?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    i experienced the same thing... 'weekday' alarm went off early sunday morning. yay!

while on the topic of alarms, i miss my blackberry's nifty ascending volume feature which made the alarm more insistent the more i ignored it. a good feature for an unwilling-to-rise-early girl like me.
    i'm having the same problem. and it keeps popping when the screen turns on up like i missed it even though it's not set to go off until monday.
    I too set my alarm to go off on the weekdays and it went off this Sunday morning!
    me too
    Dittto. I expect (hope) we'll see a version 1.0.3 soon.
    I was a little upset this morning when I was woken up at 530. Since when is Sunday a weekday?
    Quote Originally Posted by i.freakin.heart.palm View Post
    i'm having the same problem. and it keeps popping when the screen turns on up like i missed it even though it's not set to go off until monday.
    do you mean the notification (the little bell)? if so, you can tap on it to bring up the larger notification (it will show the title and time) and slide it off the screen to dismiss. the alarm will still sound even though the bell is gone.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    I haven't actually played around with the alarm yet, but is it linked to the calendar app at all? Maybe when you have the start of the week in your calendar confuses it, aka the week starting on Sunday?
    Quote Originally Posted by skippyrulz View Post
    do you mean the notification (the little bell)? if so, you can tap on it to bring up the larger notification (it will show the title and time) and slide it off the screen to dismiss. the alarm will still sound even though the bell is gone.
    no there's actually a little bar that pops up on the bottom every time the phone wakes up like i missed it. now it hasn't done it in a while. go figure
    The alarm app is absolutely useless as is. Who could be woken by this thing?
    it woke me up
    I put a loud ringtone that is almost smashing my speaker !!! i'm hard to wake up so I need THE LOUD SOUND!
    not that its very popular but some consider sunday the begining of the week....i think i have some fuzzy memory of that in grade school....maybe thats the few yrs of heavy drinking kicking in tho...n e ways...it would be rather dumb of a company of palms stature to do something like that. maybe the designer is one of the hairbrained people who do consider it. Another possibility is that it was a last minute app that was created less that a week befor the launch so it could very well be a bug.

i personally received a pre 10 days befor the launch and when the new os (1.0.2) was released 2 days befor the launch of the pre, the alarm clock was a new addition. so i am almost positive it was a last minute thing so people couldnt b**** about it like the lack of a camcorder. At the corp training i attened it was brought up that there was no alarm clock then to my amazment it was there w the os update....
    Has anyone tried changing the start of the week in the calendar preferences? I think by default it's set to Sunday and this may be causing the early wake-up call on Sunday
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I have changed the calendar start date and will let you know friday if alarm goes off or not :-)
    It wakes me up no problem as well. I'm starting to wonder if there's a difference in the speakers people have on their Pre than what I have, because someone else said that the earpiece was quiet as well. Maybe there's variations between units?
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Same thing with me.

Better to be up than not, yea?

My speaker is pretty loud as well.
    Global Posts
    408 Global Posts
    some may not know but to turn the sound up on your alarm its tied to the system sounds, which is retarded. I want a loud alarm but soft end of call sound, NOPE, the volume of both is the same.
    How many alarms can you set? Is this a multiple alarm program? or is it just one alarm meant to wake you in the morning?