Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    I cant hear the 'tone' when I have an email or sms etc. How do I change the tone for these notifications? Checked in 'sounds' but dont hear anything. Help

Richie
    you can't. Maybe there will be an update to allow this among other things.
    raise the SOUNDS volume.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    you can't. Maybe there will be an update to allow this among other things.
    Christ! I hope so. Sooner rather than later. Unless I put it on vibrate and attach it to my balls maybe than I will know when someone is messaging me!
    Quote Originally Posted by fastlife2010 View Post
    unless i put it on vibrate and attach it to my balls maybe than i will know when someone is messaging me!
    roflmao
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by FastLife2010 View Post
    Christ! I hope so. Sooner rather than later. Unless I put it on vibrate and attach it to my balls maybe than I will know when someone is messaging me!
    XD lol so true
    Sadly it is true LOL. The vibration is not very strong and it is very brief. I hope Hobbyist-Software makes a butler like app.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I've been disappointed by both the weak vibration and the lack of notification ring tone settings. I also hope someone creates an app to add basic functionality like this.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redskyy View Post
    I've been disappointed by both the weak vibration and the lack of notification ring tone settings. I also hope someone creates an app to add basic functionality like this.
    That shouldnt be an app. It should be basic anyphone 101.
    Quote Originally Posted by FastLife2010 View Post
    I cant hear the 'tone' when I have an email or sms etc. How do I change the tone for these notifications? Checked in 'sounds' but dont hear anything. Help

Richie
    Sounds are controlled by each application. For e-mail alerts, go to the e-mail program, then click the "E-mail" drop-down menu. Under "Accounts", tap the account you want to activate sounds for. Then under "New Message" tap "Play Sound" to turn that option on.

By default, the sounds for notifications are all turned off. You'll need to do this for each account you set up. I actually like it this way because I may or may not want to get notifications/sounds from a particular account sometimes.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    This is something I definitely hope that they change. The SMS message sound is hard to hear, and the vibration duration/intensity is much shorter and less than my Centro had.
    Answered my questions....very week vibrate and cant change text message notification sounds ,etc!!!!
    You would think they would of thought of that before they released it saying its the best thing ever!!!!
    And...the little center button at bottom would be nice if it flashed to notify you of a missed call or text!!!!
    Last edited by mbord1; 06/07/2009 at 08:04 AM.
    yeah, the notifications on the phone lack so much customization it's not even funny. VERY disappointed and making it hard for this thing to be useful. I don't want to look at my phone ever 5 minutes to check, I just want it to work like every other non-smart phone I've had. customize my notifications, and keep notifying me if i don't acknowledge it (very useful when I step away from the phone for a while).
    I'm ok with the level and vibrate - just cant stand the CLINK - CLUNK sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Sounds are controlled by each application. For e-mail alerts, go to the e-mail program, then click the "E-mail" drop-down menu. Under "Accounts", tap the account you want to activate sounds for. Then under "New Message" tap "Play Sound" to turn that option on.

By default, the sounds for notifications are all turned off. You'll need to do this for each account you set up. I actually like it this way because I may or may not want to get notifications/sounds from a particular account sometimes.
    Perfect! I don't know why I didn't think of this before. In stead of these things really part of the OS, they're individual apps and thus have their own customizations inside the app. The oddity of how Palm makes you do this is that you have to load up a bunch of custom ringtones to set your own sounds. Matter of semantics I guess; ringtone vs sound. Meh. It works. But I do wish I could turn it up even more. When I put the phone inside the Palm brand carry case the speaker gets so muffled that it's very difficult to hear it ring.