1.    #1  
    I synced my facebook contacts onto my pre, and I thought that would allow me to get notifications such as wall posts and such, but i'm not getting any. I also can't find where to check notifications on that x.facebook.com site that is bookmarked. Any help?
    Just turn on your notifications in facebook to email or sms you the types of alerts you want
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I used to have Facebook for BlackBerry on my 8830 and the app would alert me whenever something happened. How can this be done on my Pre without just getting e-mails or texts? Like something more integrated? (i.e. a notification would pop up at the bottom that would take you to the Facebook app when someone wrote on your wall etc.)
    I'm hoping this will come as soon as the fb app is ready. I'm really missing my fb app from my curve!
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan4s2 View Post
    I used to have Facebook for BlackBerry on my 8830 and the app would alert me whenever something happened. How can this be done on my Pre without just getting e-mails or texts? Like something more integrated? (i.e. a notification would pop up at the bottom that would take you to the Facebook app when someone wrote on your wall etc.)
    I believe that is the intention, but the app has not been released yet. So I am just using the email notifications right now. I'm was impressed, when I was logged on to facebook, someone chatted with me and the chat happened right in the browser window, just like on a pc.
    Pity the messaging app doesn't integrate with Facebook.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    so yeah, I'd really like Facebook notifications in the notification area. Imagine a little blue FB down there iinstead of flooding your email. That would be sweet.
    There is a Facebook App called Friends Flow that has the ability to do notifications... works great.
    way to dig up a 9 month old thread
    Better to dig up an existing thread than to start a new thread with an identical theme - it shows he used the search function, which we encourage here. Besides, the thread topic is still relevant; BlackBerry has excellent integration with Facebook. I'm sure Palm will get round to it, they're working on a lot at the moment.
    I emailed PALM in a number of places requesting the ability to toggle the OS to open all FB links within their app. Seems most logical and the only way to accomplish what the Blackberry app does.

Without PUSH, it will never be as fluid EXCEPT if the device uses text messages to do the same trick. This is totally feasible.

Can we just make it happen? Can you imagine?

Oh, and chatting within the browswer on FB is awesome, powerful, yet a drag.... unless the user can toggle the chat to full screen. It'd be much more ideal were we given the ability to natively run FB chat within IM with the rest of the clients.

Let's just make it happen, PALM.... thanks!
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    Better to dig up an existing thread than to start a new thread with an identical theme - it shows he used the search function, which we encourage here. Besides, the thread topic is still relevant; BlackBerry has excellent integration with Facebook. I'm sure Palm will get round to it, they're working on a lot at the moment.
    Agreed, I went looking for the answer to this same question tonight and found this thread. Thanks for searching first!
    Scoob