Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anybody else want the ability to remove this waste of space?

This doesn't only apply to the NASCAR app, but it's really to make a point that I should be able to remove things I don't want.
    Last edited by dsjr2006; 06/09/2009 at 11:15 PM.
    wish i knew,. not a fan of nascar or sports.

Cant remove it
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Sorry to sound offensive, but does anyone here really enjoy NASCAR? Seems like an awful sport for Sprint to sponsor.
    I'm not a big fan but my father in law is. He won't miss a race. Anyway their sponsorship goes way beyond the app on this phone. They sponsor a whole series of races the sprint cup.
    If Sprint sponsored the NBA and had a NBA app, oh my goodness there would be so many people jumping on that.
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    I wish this were an NBA app! Haha. I tried removing it to no avail. Oh well. You could always move it to the very end of the third screen of apps. :/
    The phones have alwasy come with apps that were a uninstallable. But withing a month there were ways around it, be patient.
    I will stand up for it... I am a racing fan not just NASCAR... but more of an open-wheel fan.. and this was one the the apps I have been looking forward to seeing and playing around with... now that I have done this though... ehhh
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frankos72 View Post
    I'm not a big fan but my father in law is. He won't miss a race. Anyway their sponsorship goes way beyond the app on this phone. They sponsor a whole series of races the sprint cup.
    My wife and I are big NASCAR fans, and we are both life-long nerds/geeks, (She's a senior programmer, I'm a technical writer and also a disaster recovery/systems management guy on the hardware side) and we love racing. (As a matter of fact, my wife is one of the programmers who helped develop the first palm.net wireless service "back in the day"). Neither of us are hicks, rednecks, etc. We are most definitely in the minority within our peer group, but that's fine with us; we typically are able to convert a few of our friends into new fans annually just by hosting parties during races. My wife loves the technical side and the strategy while I (being male) love watching cars go fast. lol.

Before anyone flames me about "it's just left turns," it's a sport for hicks, etc, watch a race first. There's a lot more to it than just left turns; it's actually quite entertaining and interesting.

I'm glad that we have the NASCAR app on the Pre. Yes, it was actually a selling point for me.
    not a fan of nascar either, but there are a lot of fans of the sport. its crazy popular.

but yeah, you should be able to remove it if you dont want it. i havent even launch it myself.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Nascar= Pure 100% Grade A, Garbage. I'd much rather watch the Scrabble World Championships on ESPN2...
    I guess we are stuck with all the apps that come with the phone... we just have to like them... This is the new way of doing thing...

Crap... what is this an iPhone... come on Palm... you are better than that...
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Now that webOS has begun to be hacked would there be a way to forcibly remove the NASCAR app? Delete it via root perhaps?
    yeah I found out how to delete this apps...

1. go to device info on the launcher
    2. click more info
    3. click software (if it isn't already)
    4. then scroll down and find the NASCAR app
    5. Slide NASCAR off to the left or right like you would an email or something
    I wish there was a F1 app...
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leet Mongoose View Post

2. click more info
    You sir, are fantastic. Thank you.
    Didn't work for me. Will not let me slide iff any default apps only installed apps.

__________ Edited ..... On PRE ....

Sorry, it did work. I'm 6'0 250 lbs with some rather big hands... Fat figers yada yada...yada. It did work. Thank you.
    Last edited by JohnnyPre; 06/10/2009 at 05:20 AM.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leet Mongoose View Post

2. click more info
    When I try to do this it just say done. Doesnt have a delete option like the ones I isntalled.
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    When I try to do this it just say done. Doesnt have a delete option like the ones I isntalled.
    Same here.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    Same for me. I could not get it to go away.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast