Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by themorningsleeve View Post
    At first the delete button didn't even appear, it just said "done" but now a delete and done button shows up but the delete button does nothing when I push it.. I'm confused.
    that does nothing aswell
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    You cannot delete nascar who ever tells you, you can they are lying. It's part of the ROM, ppl should just be patient nascar is not year round I'm sure they will soon provide a way for us to delete the app.
    At the very least, I'm guessing we will have a way to hide apps so we don't have to see them anymore.

I hope so, anyway.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    Ok guys, I just got my pre and tested this out for you. Nascar is gone and gone from my pre, here is how I did it!

1. Enable Root access, this is very simple, follow the wiki here: this site predev dot wikidot dot com/rooting (forum wont let me post links)

2: once you're logged into the phone with novaterm issue these commands:
    Code:
    mount -o remount,rw /
    cd /usr/palm/applications
    rm -rf com.handson.app.nascar
    reboot
    The phone will reboot and Nascrap will be gone. Remember to DISABLE developer mode once your done. This info is also available on the wiki.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadakar View Post
    Sorry to sound offensive, but does anyone here really enjoy NASCAR? Seems like an awful sport for Sprint to sponsor.
    Well, yes I do. NASCAR is a terrific sport as is motorsports in general. Stick and ball games are OK, but give me 700 horses and wheels anyday.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I also could not get the screen with the delete button to show up, but once I clicked on one of the other apps in the list, and it showed up with the delete key, the Nascar app began to show delete as well. Doesn't work though.
    Sucks that sprint would force upon something that 9/10 people don't want. It's like shoving something down someones throat and saying your gonna eat this and we don't care. Everyones hobbies and interested are to different from each other to do this.
    Then why should Sprint or any carrier put anything on the device? Bare bones.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kilword View Post
    Sucks that sprint would force upon something that 9/10 people don't want. It's like shoving something down someones throat and saying your gonna eat this and we don't care. Everyones hobbies and interested are to different from each other to do this.
    But, it would be perfectly fine for them put some crappy old NFL app on there, like on two other phones I've had.I don't recall anyone whining over that. Not even me, I just ignored it and moved on with my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by geogray View Post
    But, it would be perfectly fine for them put some crappy old NFL app on there, like on two other phones I've had.I don't recall anyone whining over that. Not even me, I just ignored it and moved on with my life.
    Shouldnt have that either. Well you should have the option to delete any nonessential apps.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kilword View Post
    Shouldnt have that either. Well you should have the option to delete any nonessential apps.
    Agreed. You should be able to remove any of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by dsjr2006 View Post
    Does anybody else want the ability to remove this waste of space?

This doesn't only apply to the NASCAR app, but it's really to make a point that I should be able to remove things I don't want.
    guys try this.. press and hold the orange button on the keyboard. while pressing, tap the application.. i think delete option will appear. on the screen. ;P
    Okay there is a way to remove it so you dont have to look at it but its a lot of code editing and telnet and all that fun stuff... if someone is up for it maybe i can try posting instructions. it makes it so its not in the menus but it sure doesnt delete it.. makes it so its not in your way... also there is a way to add more pages more then three... i have my download apps i have my contacts and my favorit web sites then i have the default apps1 default apps2 and the last page of default apps 3

that to requires editing. im not pro so my instructions might suck and your phone will be bricked.... i dont feel like typing any them unless there is enough people that want to and have the guts to fallow an armature's instructions.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    Okay there is a way to remove it so you dont have to look at it but its a lot of code editing and telnet and all that fun stuff... if someone is up for it maybe i can try posting instructions. it makes it so its not in the menus but it sure doesnt delete it.. makes it so its not in your way... also there is a way to add more pages more then three... i have my download apps i have my contacts and my favorit web sites then i have the default apps1 default apps2 and the last page of default apps 3

that to requires editing. im not pro so my instructions might suck and your phone will be bricked.... i dont feel like typing any them unless there is enough people that want to and have the guts to fallow an armature's instructions.
    Just telneted in and removed the application--it really wasn't a big deal at all! I'm stoked about this! Thanks for the heads up. Here's a screenshot to confirm.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Loving the Pre...
    Follow me on Twitter
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Why do u people care i hate nascar but you don't see me complaining just don't use it if you don't like it!!!!!
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dog44 View Post
    Why do u people care i hate nascar but you don't see me complaining just don't use it if you don't like it!!!!!
    For me it has nothing to do with a hatred of NASCAR or anything of the sort--but, I just don't like having icons for programs I don't want cluttering up my launcher screens--particularly when there's only three of them. Really, the information here pertains to ANY of the built in applications, if someone didn't want them (like SprintTV, AmazonMP3, etc)
    Loving the Pre...
    Follow me on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by leez View Post
    Just telneted in and removed the application--it really wasn't a big deal at all! I'm stoked about this! Thanks for the heads up. Here's a screenshot to confirm.
    Swwet I really didn't feel like writing a tutorial glad you got ir
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    Swwet I really didn't feel like writing a tutorial glad you got ir
    If I get around to it this evening I might write a comprehensive how-to! Thanks for the heads up.
    Loving the Pre...
    Follow me on Twitter
    I have one launcher page for all of the items that I don't need to use often...like Bluetooth, Device Info, etc...and the Nascar app is on that page scrolled out of view. Just doesn't bug me. In fact, perhaps it will come in handy someday...if I am with someone who *does* like Nascar.

I have root-ed into the phone to add launcher pages, re-enable call duration, etc...and just couldn't be bothered getting rid of it while I was in there. That said, if it bugs you that much, you can kill it that way.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    I have one launcher page for all of the items that I don't need to use often...like Bluetooth, Device Info, etc...and the Nascar app is on that page scrolled out of view. Just doesn't bug me. In fact, perhaps it will come in handy someday...if I am with someone who *does* like Nascar.

I have root-ed into the phone to add launcher pages, re-enable call duration, etc...and just couldn't be bothered getting rid of it while I was in there. That said, if it bugs you that much, you can kill it that way.
    My thoughts exactly! I ti went through all of that but felt like I'd keep nascar the thing is it takes up the space in your phone no matter what so what the hell might come in handy.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast