Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    When I try to do this it just say done. Doesnt have a delete option like the ones I isntalled.
    same, but i would also like to do this with several other apps. with only 3 pages it can get messy quick with all the scrolling down and what not
    Same here no dice?? Did you delete it before or after upgrading the firmware on your phone?
    For some reason I have to delete a 3rd party app using the swipe method in order for the "delete" button to show when trying to get rid of the Nascar app. However, pressing "delete" does nothing.
  4. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dsjr2006 View Post
    Does anybody else want the ability to remove this waste of space?

This doesn't only apply to the NASCAR app, but it's really to make a point that I should be able to remove things I don't want.
    LORD same here. I was playing with one on the floor the other day and I was desperate to get rid of it. I plan to hide it at the bottom of a category on the launcher. I HATE Nascar. I don't know anyone that has any desire to know anything about it even. It's not in any way attractive or exciting to advertise. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Leet Mongoose View Post
    yeah I found out how to delete this apps...

1. go to device info on the launcher
    2. click more info
    3. click software (if it isn't already)
    4. then scroll down and find the NASCAR app
    5. Slide NASCAR off to the left or right like you would an email or something

At first the delete button didn't even appear, it just said "done" but now a delete and done button shows up but the delete button does nothing when I push it.. I'm confused.
    I wanted to remove it as well, but once I realized it was pre-installed and not deletable, I realized I didn't need to have a fit about the negligible amount of memory it was taking up.

As for NASCAR, I'm not a fan, but the reason for Sprint's sponsorship stems from their acquisition of Nextel, who signed a ten-year sponsorship deal in 2004. At that time, NASCAR had something like the fastest growing fan base out of all U.S. sports, and the biggest opportunity for growth. It's what they call a "key differentiator" for Sprint, and they really need anything they can grab to make themselves stand out. So, IMO, NASCAR is a good thing for the company.
    i got mine to work???

although i could not slide it off i got it to click and delete

Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Vyruz- Hmm.... but, did it really delete the app from your phone? If so, wanna trade phones? C'mon, I'll throw in a case of beer to sweeten the deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
    Same for me. I could not get it to go away.

Same for me. Only button avail was DONE. Wish the NASCAR app was DONE and GONE!
    I wonder how much nascar paid them to get this app on here. but like the other guy said, you can always just put it at the end on the 3rd tab lmao!
    to all of those people out there having trouble doing this let me try to help you further.. but trust me it does work with the screen that Vyurz showed...

ok here are 3 tips I came up with while trying to fix you situation

1. Start over the "N" in Nascar
    2. Swipe rather quickly, (like you mean it)
    3. You might have to try a couple times to get it right..

I hope this helps... if you need something more just post back
    I have tried this over 50 times (swipes) it does not work.

Before i updated to 1.0.2 i had a delete button for the app.
    After hitting delete, and went back to check the app was still there and no delete button now.

Eathier your using the release version and didnt update or that is bs.

( i have tried this with and without dev mode on ) nothing.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    I wish there was a F1 app...
    I know, an F1 app would actually be useful.

also, 1.0.2 does not show any Delete option, it sucks. like some one else said, wait a month some one will kill it. Until then, mines resting 3rd page as far down as i could get it. that and the useless "sprint" app, really i dont need a launcher shortcut to your homepage guys, but thanks for taking up a spot.
    Well, I might as well pitch in here. I'm a nascar fan, and this app wasn't a major selling point, but I was looking forward to it. I actually wish it had more functionality since ESPN mobile site and NASCAR mobile sucks. I definitely think it should be deletable, but all the haters of nascar just need to cool down. If you don't like it, thats fine. 4 years ago I didn't like it, but someone coaxed me to watch it just once all the way through, and they explained different strategies and pointed out what the teams were doing. I was hooked nearly instantly.

For those who don't understand it but have an open mind, if you can, go to see a race live, preferably with someone who can explain it to you. Its amazing how quickly you'll be engrossed in it.

/I also enjoy catching shows/concerts at the Kennedy Center. Its nice being near the nations capital. Museums and general intellectual stimulants are a mere half hour away, and three nascar tracks within 3 hours!
  15. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    I wanted to remove it as well, but once I realized it was pre-installed and not deletable, I realized I didn't need to have a fit about the negligible amount of memory it was taking up.

As for NASCAR, I'm not a fan, but the reason for Sprint's sponsorship stems from their acquisition of Nextel, who signed a ten-year sponsorship deal in 2004. At that time, NASCAR had something like the fastest growing fan base out of all U.S. sports, and the biggest opportunity for growth. It's what they call a "key differentiator" for Sprint, and they really need anything they can grab to make themselves stand out. So, IMO, NASCAR is a good thing for the company.
    Yes, but they could have spared those of us who think it's crap by making it a downloadable app that you can do yourself and not have it preinstalled on a phone.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Fan or not, we should be able to delete the fricking thing. I've got it buried on the last page and it still annoys me.
    1st SFG (A)

if at first you don't succeed - RELOAD!
    root your phone, then do:

cd /usr/palm/applications/
    rm -rf com.handson.app.nascar

I haven't tried this yet, my palm wont be in until tomorrow. But you should be able to delete it like this.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by etx View Post
    root your phone, then do:

cd /usr/palm/applications/
    rm -rf com.handson.app.nascar

I haven't tried this yet, my palm wont be in until tomorrow. But you should be able to delete it like this.
    any one brave enough to try this yet? if so..results?
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dsjr2006 View Post
    Does anybody else want the ability to remove this waste of space?

This doesn't only apply to the NASCAR app, but it's really to make a point that I should be able to remove things I don't want.
    THANK YOU!!!! I BEEN WONDERING THE SAME! I hate that i can't get rid of that stupid app i hate nascar so there for the app is useless to me!
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    i got mine to work???

although i could not slide it off i got it to click and delete

when you do it that way and press delete it does nothing... me and a friend tried that already
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast