Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm sure Flixter uses a service that charges a fee as well--but it MUST be lower than Fandango's.

If I could just scan a barcode off my phone, it would be worth it at times, but if I have to wait in line anyways, what's the point?
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    The $2 fee is a killer for me too. When I go to the movies, I have 4 kids to bring along, and although Fandango is useful ,and I wouldn't mind paying a straight $2 for it, last I checked they charge $2 per ticket. I'm not willing to pay $12 for the convenience of using fandango. $2 yes, $12 no.
    The only time I would fathom using fandango is if it was the opening night of Star Wars, or something similar that I would have to wait in line for 2 hours for. Problem is, you STILL have to wait in line to get the dang ticket, so what's the point?

Just walk up earlier that day and get the ticket so you don't have to wait in a line. Problem-solved.
    Wow, didn't realize it was $2 per ticket, I assumed $2 per order.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    $1 per ticket is what I see on the Pre and on Fandango.com from my PC.
    - Fushigi
    I just used it for transformers tonight it was a $1 fee, but hey i beat the line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proof2006 View Post
    I just used it for transformers tonight it was a $1 fee, but hey i beat the line.
    Care to elaborate? I thought you still had to see a teller or the automated machine... assuming you did it from the phone.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Proof probably means there's either never or rarely a line at the Fandango kiosks, which, at my local Kerasotes anyway, is separate from the human tellers/cashiers. Walk in, swipe card, tickets print, walk to the person who tears the stub off.

Now if they'd just let us buy our (overpriced) concessions that way..
    - Fushigi
    Quote Originally Posted by fushigi View Post
    Proof probably means there's either never or rarely a line at the Fandango kiosks, which, at my local Kerasotes anyway, is separate from the human tellers/cashiers. Walk in, swipe card, tickets print, walk to the person who tears the stub off.

Now if they'd just let us buy our (overpriced) concessions that way..
    Hrm, at every theater I've been to in the last 3-4 years, they have these terminals where you can insert your credit card to get your tickets... for fandango check-in, or whatever.

You can also just buy them right there, with no service charge.

Sometimes the lines are longer at the terminal though--either way, it seems like a waste to order in advance. For any kind of hit movie, you have to get there 30 minutes early to even get a seat--ruling Fandango pointless.

I would pay $1/ticket if I could just scan my phone's screen, or type in a code at a turnstyle to get in... Not if I have to wait in line for no reason.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    In regards to the Fandango app, does anyone know if you are able to link your rewards program card number to your fandango account on your pre? You can do this online so that you can still earn reward points when purchasing online, but I don't see the option to do so on the Palm Pre app.
    Fandango doesn't seem to let you search by movie name! Until it does, it is pretty but near-useless -- I do not want to scroll alphabetically through every movie currently out.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12