1.    #1  
    Trying to find another workaround to the inability of entering symbols into the Pre's native browser (such as backslash). I was thinking that perhaps using a browser WITHIN the Classic App might allow me to enter symbols on a webpage where the Pre's native browser won't. How can this be done? Can anyone see if this might work?
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMyPre View Post
    Trying to find another workaround to the inability of entering symbols into the Pre's native browser (such as backslash). I was thinking that perhaps using a browser WITHIN the Classic App might allow me to enter symbols on a webpage where the Pre's native browser won't. How can this be done? Can anyone see if this might work?
    You can enter a backslash in the Pre browser......

Forward slash is on the keyboard with the "Q" key and backslash is on the Symbol key submenu. So press the "Sym" key on the bottom far right corner of the keyboard and you will see a pop up of a bunch of symbols.....

3.    #3  
    This is incorrect - when trying to enter a symbol in a webpage field, NOTHING comes up so I can't put a backslash (please someone help!)
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMyPre View Post
    This is incorrect - when trying to enter a symbol in a webpage field, NOTHING comes up so I can't put a backslash (please someone help!)
    Wow, it works for me.......

Possible user error on your part?

Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    Wow, it works for me.......

Possible user error on your part?

No, he's right. It works in the address bar, not in any fields on pages, from what I saw.
  6.    #6  
    Right...within a webpage it does not work. I performed an update on the pre and now the when hitting the SYM button the symbols window pops up, however when clicking on any symbol when a field within a webpage is selected/active, the symbol DOES NOT get entered into the field. This means its impossible to log in to certain sites which have usernames or passwords which contain those symbols. Anyone else encountering this stupidly frustrating problem?