Messaging
    Tweed

...stupid launcher icon
    Mine is
    Phone
    Web
    Messaging
    Email

I really wish we could get rid of the launcher.
    Phone, Messaging, Web, and E-mail.
    dial pad, web, camera, contacts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    So far camera messaging email navigation but Im using tweed a lot so I think I need to swp something else. I use universal search for other things
    Phone, Contacts, Email, Web.

Hmm, maybe to foster a bit more discussion we should talk about why we chose those for our quick launcher. The first three I chose because, on previous phones, they were the programs I used the most often. I put the web on there in place of the Calender because I feel like I'll be using the web much more often now that I have a decent browser, and now that I'm done with school the Calender probably won't get as much use (until I start my new job anyway).

I might still replace email with messaging... haven't decided on that one yet.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Phone, messaging, email, web, launcher.
    I've got Email, Messaging, Tweed, Calendar, Launcher.

A lot of the other ones people have like phone, web, contacts, I don't really feel the need for them because I just press the button and start typing and it's much faster to do that way. I'm not entirely sure if it'll stay this way, I'd like Pandora or the Music player on there as well, I don't know.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1quick1 View Post
    Phone, messaging, email, web, launcher.
    this
    Phone
    Contacts
    Messaging
    Web
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I'm really hoping they allow us to move the launcher in the future. If I can just swipe up, why do I need it?
    Quote Originally Posted by DogEars View Post
    I'm really hoping they allow us to move the launcher in the future. If I can just swipe up, why do I need it?
    I've been wondering the same thing!
    Because you can use the 'wave launcher' to skip the two swipes up to card view and then the launcher? I mean you should be able to change if it you don't want it there, but it can be useful.
    You mean you can't move the launcher? I've been trying all day to get rid of it! With the wave launcher, it seems unnecessary.

Can you move apps around as well within the launcher/home pages? would like to sort.
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    i think i'm just stupid, but can't seem to figure out how to change the icons on the quick launch bar
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    i think i'm just stupid, but can't seem to figure out how to change the icons on the quick launch bar
    First you need to drag a couple off of the bar. Open up the laucher, then click and hold one of the icons then drag it up into the launcher and drop it.

Then to add an icon to the bar is just the opposite.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjcarter View Post
    First you need to drag a couple off of the bar. Open up the laucher, then click and hold one of the icons then drag it up into the launcher and drop it.

Then to add an icon to the bar is just the opposite.
    haha, yup, i'm stupid. Thanks I tried something similar, but i guess it wasn't working the first time i tried.
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Phone, Camera, Mail, Messaging for me.

I am toying around with the idea of getting rid of the phone one, to add Spaz or Tweed (still can't decide which Twitter app I like better) or maybe Web.

The phone app doesn't seem necessary, because you can just dial from the keyboard, or pull up a contact via Universal Search, but at the same time it seems funny to remove the phone app from a phone.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    be nice to have one more button on launcher!
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Phone, Web, Messaging, Tweed, Launcher. ;o
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast