Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was so pissed to find that Pandora is the only option on Pre to stream radio. Till now having hard time installing Pocket tunes on Classic (by the way for now classic is piece of crap, blue screens of death 3 times plus only crash of WebOS totally) so naturally I tried shoutcast.com but all the links I tried didnt work. I found solution old way by going to www.mobilust.com and search shoutcast station links on this mobile site. there are some hiccups like sometime player wont stream and give error but dont give up. Clear cache from browser, refresh page and click on radio link. Good Luck.
    If you guys already knew this and I am just making joke of myself please delete this thread.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Honestly why would you want anything else besides pandora? This is the first day I have used Pandora and I find it absolutly amazing. And when it comes to me im extremly picky when it comes to my playlists on my Ipod touch. Pandora has litterally been amazing with the song selection..... or im just getting lucky with it.
    One word: bassdrive

Can't wait for a shoutcast app
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by coney27 View Post
    Honestly why would you want anything else besides pandora? This is the first day I have used Pandora and I find it absolutly amazing. And when it comes to me im extremly picky when it comes to my playlists on my Ipod touch. Pandora has litterally been amazing with the song selection..... or im just getting lucky with it.
    There are so many genres, artist and labels that are not available on Pandora. There are many other shortcomings of Pandora but for now I would say its just depends on taste and many folks coming from old Palm OS and WM love variety.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    a second and third word: maxxhit bootlegs

need shoutcast!
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    It's the sound of a vacuum. Shoutcast is on my list of must-have items. First app to the fill the vacuum is going to get a ton of downloads. :-) Hope someone is working on it.
    Obscura
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Try the Sprint TV app, it has Sprint Radio with lots of stations.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by reidme View Post
    Try the Sprint TV app, it has Sprint Radio with lots of stations.
    I know but quality is not good and one very biggie is no background support. So once you stream you have to be on that card.

9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Obscura View Post
    It's the sound of a vacuum. Shoutcast is on my list of must-have items. First app to the fill the vacuum is going to get a ton of downloads. :-) Hope someone is working on it.
    I hope so man. Kinoma and Normsoft (aka Pocket tunes) made their business on old Palm based media players. Its a payback. They have to make new apps for WebOS and make it better. Also they have iphone apps so its not going to take longer for them to create an app for WebOS. Fingers crossed.

10.    #10  
    oh and old shoutcast page works as well. Go to shoutcast.com and choose old site on left upper section. And then you can search choose top ten whatever. Its great. Only issue? It takes too much memory and after 5 minutes Pre will not let you open new cards and slow down overall performace of WebOS.

Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky Cricket View Post
    One word: bassdrive

Can't wait for a shoutcast app
    DNBRADIO is better
    Quote Originally Posted by coney27 View Post
    Honestly why would you want anything else besides pandora? This is the first day I have used Pandora and I find it absolutly amazing.
    A lot of people store their music on their desktop and stream it to their phone. I have been doing this for several years to my Treo, and never needed to store any music on the phone. That is the reason I was saying 8 GB was no problem for me. If streaming proves to be impossible, I may change my tune.
    I'm not sure if my link is 100% shoutcast, but I got a shoutcast feed to stream live natively on my Pre. See here.
    You can stream all of your content on home computer with orb.com - music, videos, pictures, file browser, tv, even web cam. It works.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    well shoutcast works fine till they don't use AAC PLUS compression if they does the voice is slowing down and is unusable to listen
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I had tried orb and wasn't able to get it to work on my pre
    Quote Originally Posted by fib.seq View Post
    I had tried orb and wasn't able to get it to work on my pre
    I could not get Orb to work for Pre if the server was on Vista SP2. Works under WinXP though.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite View Post
    I could not get Orb to work for Pre if the server was on Vista SP2. Works under WinXP though.
    Maybe i'll try again. I'm on winXP SP3 and got an error the first time I tried to stream audio. Can't try now, but will check when I get home. Tks
    Quote Originally Posted by BaDZeD View Post
    DNBRADIO is better

Ronin Selecta and Rinse Out Radio Saturday nights. Can't beat it
    I was able to tune into ASF Radio, Radio Nigel, .977 80s, and other online shoutcast streams using the Pre's web browser; it started playing just fine, so it seems to work. And this was over EVDO.

Just click on the .pls file the websites provide, or put the direct streaming URL into the browser.

It's not very battery friendly, though, since it keeps the data service up constantly. But it does work!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast