Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am curious if you have tried the Motionapps emulator and can one confirm the compatibility of:

Medcalc
    Statcoder apps
    Uptodate
    Lexidrugs
    Skyscape apps
    etc.

Please post your experiences here.

Thanks
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    I'm interesed in these as well, also the use of epocrates. thanks.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I don't know about those, but I am planning on using PEPID Wireless (online version) until an application is released. PEPID has a drug index. It's not a great solution, but it should work until something becomes available. I've heard others using the UPTODATE.COM site as well
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Long time palm lover and cannot practice medicine without my treo 755p. Also very computer literate and not a nooby with electronics. With all that being said I cannot get my beloved datebk in classic apps. If everything is this hard, I may go to the dark side with iphone or just ride my treo into the sunset. Some things wonderful with the pre, but why such pitiful calender and pim software. I thought this was a palm upgrade. I hope my frustration is just due to ignorance over the new os.
  5.    #5  
    Classic's PIM will not 'talk' with the Pre's PIM. Hopefully there will be a Pre version of Agendus, Datebook etc. Iambic has just got their iPhone version out so hopefully the Pre version will follow.

While users can run the web versions eg of UpToDate, I'd be curious to know if the native Palm version of medical apps will run in the emulator. so far only epocrates has been demo'd
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Datebk on their website says they are classic "certified" to run in the emulator. I sure don't know how to do it.
  7.    #7  
    Surprised to read people are having problems installing Epocrates in Classic

According to Appscout they can't install Epocrates either. But it is certified in the Motionapps site
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    For you Epocrates guys, bad news. I e-mailed them about it and their replay was:

"I understand that you would like to know if we support the Palm Pre. Unfortunately, we do not support the Palm Pre right now and I am not sure whether we will be supporting it in the future. I apologize for the inconvenience.

We will be updating our website and sending emails out if we do support the Palm Pre in the future."

This is not good as I too use these apps daily and do not want to carry two different phones in my pocket.
    I just installed a few things under classic and discovered a few things.

You have to stick the .prc and .pdb files under ClassicApps\Install
    When you launch Classic it puts some files into the Pre's main memory.

Make sure you read here: https://www.motionapps.com/classic/
    Install Classic ROM Updater and run it. I am unsure it helped or not but it did not hurt ii

I discovered some .prc files I could not see with iSilo (It crashed Classic) could be viewed if I put them under Installer.

Most apps that are not graphic intensive should run. I got Calorie King to run just fine. I am on a strict diet so needed to have that with me. iSilo also runs fine. I really wish the virtual buttons would slide down out of the way to allow more screen real estate though.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Where is the classic app folder? When I use the usb to view the files, I can't see it. Opened hidden folders and still no luck. Anyone having the same problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by benhwa View Post
    Where is the classic app folder? When I use the usb to view the files, I can't see it. Opened hidden folders and still no luck. Anyone having the same problem?
    You just create them!!! ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!

so far its a crash fest for me, isilo works but certain files makes it crash, I dont see myself using this since $30 is way too expensive! plus...i have ipod touch for the medical stuff now...since my palm tx just got way too buggy to use on a regular basis
    (ie, go into epocrates, and the generic name for oxycontin is NOT hydrochlorothiazide! had to constantly delete and re-install epocrates to get rid of that error, and it came back, epocrates was no help....)
    Quote Originally Posted by hamlet423 View Post
    so far its a crash fest for me, isilo works but certain files makes it crash, I dont see myself using this since $30 is way too expensive! plus...i have ipod touch for the medical stuff now...since my palm tx just got way too buggy to use on a regular basis
    (ie, go into epocrates, and the generic name for oxycontin is NOT hydrochlorothiazide! had to constantly delete and re-install epocrates to get rid of that error, and it came back, epocrates was no help....)
    Try putting the bad iSilo files under installer folder and reading them from Internal in iSilo. That solved some crashing ones for me.

For you Epocrates guys, bad news. I e-mailed them about it and their replay was:

"I understand that you would like to know if we support the Palm Pre. Unfortunately, we do not support the Palm Pre right now and I am not sure whether we will be supporting it in the future. I apologize for the inconvenience.

We will be updating our website and sending emails out if we do support the Palm Pre in the future."

This is not good as I too use these apps daily and do not want to carry two different phones in my pocket.
    So have you tried installing this under Classic yet??

Did you download and open the classic app? There is no classic folder till you do this
    I think because of the large amount of people in the medical community that need the classic palm software... We can all expect that fairly soon all medical programs will be compatible. At least I'm hoping thats the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by babydaddy75 View Post
    Did you download and open the classic app? There is no classic folder till you do this
    Got it done. Thanks
    skyscape anyone? Medcalc?
    @bulls96 and everybody else in the thread, Yep, we have three apps available as Classic apps for the Palm Pre.

1. 5MCC 2010
    2. Merck Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy
    3. Davis’s Drug Guide for Nurses

Select Palm Pre Classic in the ‘Choose a Platform’ dropdown for these products.

More references are coming up, and we’ll keep everyone posted about the same.

These are the certified apps. There are ways of using all Palm OS apps (even non certified ones) with the Classic environment. You can find details of how to do this on the FAQ section of this page on the motionapps website: motionapps[dot]com[slash]classic

We have not, however, tested other (non certified) Skyscape applications on the Classic environment.

For regular updates, MedAlerts and conversation, you can follow us on twitter @skyscapeinc
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyscapeinc. View Post
    @bulls96 and everybody else in the thread, Yep, we have three apps available as Classic apps for the Palm Pre.

1. 5MCC 2010
    2. Merck Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy
    3. Davis’s Drug Guide for Nurses

Select Palm Pre Classic in the ‘Choose a Platform’ dropdown for these products.

More references are coming up, and we’ll keep everyone posted about the same.

These are the certified apps. There are ways of using all Palm OS apps (even non certified ones) with the Classic environment. You can find details of how to do this on the FAQ section of this page on the motionapps website: motionapps[dot]com[slash]classic

We have not, however, tested other (non certified) Skyscape applications on the Classic environment.

For regular updates, MedAlerts and conversation, you can follow us on twitter @skyscapeinc
    why cant we get trials of these apps on the Pre?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast