Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Yes, the idea is to be able to HotSync Classic on Pre same way you sync(ed) Palm OS device.

We're kind of tied to Palm's release schedule, so we are not able to give timeline for the update, but it should be out soon!
    Hi, with zero effort I got Calorie King Diet Diary and Data Viz Smartlist to work. Just copied PRC and PDB to install directory. Referenced my Treo for the exact files. Resco Explorer help with that task.
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    I was fooling around with some old apps. Zagat not only works, but the tap-to-dial feature works! Tapping on a restaurant's phone number brings up the WebOS phone app and dials the number.
    For those of you who use the SplashData products: SplashID, SplashMoney, SplashShopper, etc., how are you syncing your data with your desktop computer?
    This is great...thanks.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    this is cool
    Quote Originally Posted by flamand View Post
    I was fooling around with some old apps. Zagat not only works, but the tap-to-dial feature works! Tapping on a restaurant's phone number brings up the WebOS phone app and dials the number.
    How did you get Zagat to install?
    Laissez Faire
    Has anyone tried MovianVPN? Does TCPMP still not work?
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    <This is a reply to a post 2 pages up - hmmm, hitting reply in a post doesn't do what you would THINK it SHOULD do!> ;-)

Although TealOS is not a "certified" classic app, it seems to run fine. But, I don't think you can get it anymore as Palm asked the developer to pull the webOS clone for PalmOS long before the Pre came out. (TealOS actually has features I wish webOS had, like the ability to lock the open cards, as well as the order they are in.)

I've been running 4Cast, 2Day, PocketTunes, RescoExplorer and DayNotez in Classic. (although, most are not "classic certified", I hope now that the certification process is easier for developers that will change.)

It's like having my Centro running inside the Pre. ;-) (Classic is one of 5 cards I leave open, along with the Pre's Mail, Messaging, Calendar and Note apps. ...I put classic in the middle.) ;-)

When Palm finally releases 1.2.1, the first thing I'm going to do is hotsync Classic w Palm Desktop, and finally be able to have a "clone" of my old, trusty Centro running as a card in webOS!

I'm hoping it will sync Audible, (and all my books) as well as my Tasks, Notes, Addresses and calendar entries from PalmOS. I'm sure I'll have to find and enter all those damm registration codes, though! :-(
    Last edited by ToddK; 09/27/2009 at 06:38 AM. Reason: clarification...
    Originally posted by ToddK:
    When Palm finally releases 1.2.1, the first thing I'm going to do is hotsync Classic w Palm Desktop, and finally be able to have a "clone" of my old, trusty Centro running as a card in webOS!
    Are you saying that the sync option that they've been working on for Classic works with WebOS 1.2.1? I've been reading, but I missed that.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    The new version of Classic will support Bluetooth & Wi-Fi Hotsync of Classic to the Palm Desktop, and will be rolled out with, and depends on, the webOS 1.2 update, to function properly.

From what I've read, Classic 2.0 will be released with the webOS update.
    Last edited by ToddK; 09/27/2009 at 12:27 PM. Reason: clarity
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    It's like having my Centro running inside the Pre. ;-) (Classic is one of 5 cards I leave open, along with the Pre's Mail, Messaging, Calendar and Note apps. ...I put classic in the middle.) ;-)
    It's amazing that you can leave Classic open all the time. When I try to do that, eventually my Pre freezes or resets, or there's a memory leak.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    During the day, I have it open most of the time and haven't had too many issues with the Pre becoming sluggish. Although, on the few occasions when I've left Classic running overnight, or for a day or two, is seems to slow to a crawl and I have to shut it down.

I agree, this behavior is most likely due to a memory leak of some kind.
    I have problems with Classic and Pandora or some other sound Media running. I think other apps are fine, but when I run Media and Classic, my Pre freezes up.

I've heard from someone that they installed everything through QuickInstall and it worked fine, but I didn't understand what they meant. I haven't mastered or figured out the file install through QuickInstall. Installing apps and tweaks I get, but knowing where stuff is located and where to move them ans files is beyond me.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    It loads all matters/cases and allows inputting of billing items and links over and opens the matters/case list to link the right case to the billing record. Very nice. Then syncs (at least via bluetooth) to the main desktop program.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Hi maxdrive10,

you tried Java VM on Classic. That's nice. I'm looking forward to install it! But which extensions do work on it? Do J2ME-Apps have internet? Are they able to access GPS?

Thanks for your infos,
    Yours
    anyone tried the tealOS on this thing. I'm in love of the idea of an emulator running an emulation.
    Quote Originally Posted by alphasix View Post
    Hi maxdrive10,

you tried Java VM on Classic. That's nice. I'm looking forward to install it! But which extensions do work on it? Do J2ME-Apps have internet? Are they able to access GPS?

Thanks for your infos,
    Yours
    +1
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
    @Classic by MotionApps,

Now that Classic 2.0 is out, does that improve application compatibility? Should folks retest applications that did not work properly with previous versions of Classic?
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    Although the MotionApps website says SplashID works, I get the blue screen of Classic death when I try to use it. Anyone else have any luck?
    I downloaded it from within classic (Classic Apps button) & I'm using the trial verson. It's been working fine for me. It even goes to web sites from within the app, pretty cool if you ask me. Hope that helps.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast