Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I am also interested in getting to run Audible... the last i read ptunes had no sound when the earphones are plugged in is this still true? can i listen to audible books too?
    Any way to run Zagat?
    Laissez Faire
  3. kmk
    Docs To Go does work? That's the "deal breaker" for me. I hope DataViz gets a full OS version out soon.... Anybody have a insider?
    Warfare Inc doesn't work for me correctly. It will open and everything appears to be working just fine until your try and move around using the map. The map always rolls up to the top of the screen and anything below the top "row" of the map won't stay on the screen.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxdrive10 View Post
    The below apps are working in Classic:
    Mundu IM
    Aces Texas Hold em
    Converter
    BJ Expert
    Documents to Go
    Fuel Log
    IBM Java VM
    SplashID
    tryda
    How did you get Docs to Go Installed?
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Added both Watchmaker and Belltime. Both almost work, but neither has any sound files. anyone know how to get sound to either one of them?
    With BellTime you can try Sound=Beeps (new in v1.4) This is BellTime created sound, so it needs no extra files.
    For Midi first try if Calender is working properly with sound because all apps normally use the same Midi files (Ring Tones). If this is working, try to select the Midi file in Menu > Alarm Settings of BellTime. (Similar with Watchmaker) If you use one of the supported MP3 players with BT, first check if your player run fine in stand alone mode. I have no Pre here but I'll tweak the apps if neccessary. Just need your info.
    steilberg.eu
    I installed the following to get DocsToGo to work:
    DocsToGo.BD
    DocToGo.prc
    DSLib.prc
    DTTFonts.pdb
    DvzPlatformLib.prc
    DXYGAttachementPlugin.prc
    Dxtgcon.pdb
    DXYGMailPlugin.prc
    SheetToGo.prc
    WordToGo.prc
    Former Centro, Treo 700P, Treo 600, Tungsten T, M505 and PalmIII user...currently a Pre owner.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Q: Pocket Tunes Music Folder Location?

A:

[Palm Pre Drive]:\ClassicApps\PALM\Launcher\Install\

I created a folder called "AUDIO" and now have my music in:

[Palm Pre Drive]:\ClassicApps\PALM\Launcher\Install\AUDIO
    Quote Originally Posted by CAdkins View Post
    Q: Pocket Tunes Music Folder Location?

A:

[Palm Pre Drive]:\ClassicApps\PALM\Launcher\Install\

I created a folder called "AUDIO" and now have my music in:

[Palm Pre Drive]:\ClassicApps\PALM\Launcher\Install\AUDIO
    Please help me and start from the beginning. I just reinstalled the latest version of Classic. Then I loaded (or tried to load about 6 apps), Pocket Tunes being one. During the unpacking, I got the blue screen of death. I followed the instructions above and created an AUDIO file, but with the PRC crashing.... *tears welling up in eyes* Help, please.
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
    Don't worry, you're not the only one who has been confused by the various sets of instructions. First of all, don't use the Install folder.

Put your .prc files and .pdb files in /ClassicApps/PALM/Launcher

I'm not sure where to put the audio files, because I don't use PocketTunes. For straight audio, I'd imagine it's better to use the Pre's music player app.

If you still have problems, try adding the apps one by one, testing each new one to make sure it doesn't produce the BSOD.
    Last edited by Dr.Grace; 07/20/2009 at 01:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    Don't worry, you're not the only one who has been confused by the various sets of instructions. First of all, don't use the Install folder.

Put your .prc files and .pdb files in /ClassicApps/PALM/Launcher

I'm not sure where to put the audio files, because I don't use PocketTunes. For straight audio, I'd imagine it's better to use the Pre's music player app.

If you still have problems, try adding the apps one by one, testing each new one to make sure it doesn't produce the BSOD.
    WebOS 1.1 was made by little fairies. After updating, Pocket Tunes starts to open up. When I attempt to add my reg. code, I push enter and it crashes.

Now, I just found out that I can see the trial version play (haven't heard sound yet).

How do I get my code in?
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Well, I can't believe it's working but, I've got TealOS (a webOS clone for PalmOS I used on my Centro), running in Classic, with 4 open cards: 4cast, DayNotez, resco explorer, and the standard PalmOS launcher! ...and Classic is one of 5 open cards: Messaging, Email, Calendar, and Notes being the other 4.

Wow, It's like having my Centro running as a card within webOS!

If I can get PocketTunes & Audible running, I'll be really happy - and a working CallRec 6.0 would be amazing! (at least until we get a voice memo recording app for webOS)

...still getting the random BSoD occasionally - closing & restarting Classic works most of the time. Classic has come a long way, keep up the great work!
    Passwords Plus from Dataviz works. Navigation without a stylus is tedious, but is definately doable. I find it easier to use the search function than to actually navigate via touchscreen.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxdrive10 View Post
    I installed the following to get DocsToGo to work:
    DocsToGo.BD
    DocToGo.prc
    DSLib.prc
    DTTFonts.pdb
    DvzPlatformLib.prc
    DXYGAttachementPlugin.prc
    Dxtgcon.pdb
    DXYGMailPlugin.prc
    SheetToGo.prc
    WordToGo.prc
    I want to get the pre now. But I need docs2go for work. You mentioned in a post that you were able to run the Palm OS Docs2go in Classic. Were you able to attach/download the documents with the email client?

If not, I guess I am waiting for the native app. before I get my pre

much appreciated!!!!
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    LoanPro mortgage calculator works great.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Pockrt Quicken 2.5 works, Doc's to Go, FileZ, RFBackup Agendus all work
    Does anyone know: is there a way to use Word Wiggle on Classic?
    Anyone tried Ultrasoft Money on the Classic app for the Palm Pre? I read somewhere that someone was able to get it to work but I was wondering how the sync function can work (since motionApps hasn't released the Hotsync function yet)

Efreeti
    Here are some reports from us:

@JaneHunter
    We tried Word Wiggle with Classic, and are happy to report that it works well. If you have Pre, feel free to download Classic trial so that you can try your app(s) of choice by yourself.

@AsimAbbasi
    Ultrasoft Money works well with Classic, although the syncing feature will be available after we release the version that supports HotSync (coming soon!).
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I am using Agendus Pro 13, Pocket Quicken 2.5, Splash ID and Docs to GO. They seem to be working ok, biggest problem is that these programs were designed for a stylus (takes a little practice with "the finger").

When syncing is available will these programs sync with their desktop counterparts?

Thank you

P.S. What time frame for the next update?
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast