Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by axiomjunglist View Post
    LJP keyboard mapping works now too?
    No, it still does not.
    Just for kicks....what about TealOS?
    Here's what I'm using on a daily basis in Classic:

-MovieGuide (Landware) - too bad they've stopped supporting database updates for this, but still a great app to track your DVDs, Blu-rays and LaserDiscs (especially if you have a Sony 400 DVD carousel, which has one of the worst UIs on the planet), and you can add new titles manually.

eWallet - works fine, no issues transfering

eReader - no issues

FileZ - works

Monopoly - seems to work fine, although I haven't actually played an entire game.

I'd switch to Windows Mobile versions of MovieGuide, eWallet and eReader when I had my 800w and Touch Pro, but I'm surprised to find now that I'm using them under the Palm OS again that they're much better "palm" apps than they were WinMobile; the screens are cleaner and things like searches in eWallet are easier in the Palm version than in the windows mobile version. I was comparing the usage in Classic to running the apps on my old 700p and was surprised to find they're much more finger friendly in Classic, thanks to the capacitive screen. For some of this stuff you almost had to use the stylus on the 700p (or the direction pad). It's actually a nicer experience on the Pre under Classic, which I didn't expect.
    Quote Originally Posted by ha-me3 View Post
    No, it still does not.
    Ah well...hopefully soon!
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Am I the only one who's Pre becomes unstable when running classic all day?
    It's sometimes unstable for me to run it just for a few minutes! I always close Classic right after I'm done with it.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I assume that the original Palm apps don't work--like the Calendar and Memos, and even if they did, they wouldn't be able to be backed up. Sigh. I liked the old Calendar and Memos so much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by rego1166 View Post
    I assume that the original Palm apps don't work--like the Calendar and Memos, and even if they did, they wouldn't be able to be backed up. Sigh. I liked the old Calendar and Memos so much better.
    They do work. Its easy to import your old data from your previous Palm OS device.

You can back up the data using many different Palm OS Backup programs. I use BackupBuddyVFS. At this point you can not HotSync but Motion Pro is trying to make that happen.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Can anyone test Pda Net? I hope it works.
    Glad to hear ewallet works with Classic. However how did you get the database for ewallet onto the PRE? The program PRC files goes fine but I can't figure out where to put the database so that ewallet will see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by elchileno View Post
    Can anyone test Pda Net? I hope it works.
    What, were you hoping that Classic with PDA Net would provide some sort of back-door tethering solution? No, PDA Net does not work. When you click "Connect" you get a message, "No Connections Found."
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chloe View Post
    Glad to hear ewallet works with Classic. However how did you get the database for ewallet onto the PRE? The program PRC files goes fine but I can't figure out where to put the database so that ewallet will see it.
    I copied the pdb file from my wifes centro to my palm pre. I had to use Resco Explorer to copy the ewallet data file into the "Builtin(A) - Palm_DM" folder. Now I can see my ewallet files in the palm version now.
    Treo 300, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700P, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, HTC Mogul, Motorola Q9c, HTC Advantage, Treo 800w, Touch Pro, Treo Pro, Touch Diamond, Palm Pre, Touch Pro 2, and Palm Pre
    The below apps are working in Classic:
    Mundu IM
    Aces Texas Hold em
    Converter
    BJ Expert
    Documents to Go
    Fuel Log
    IBM Java VM
    SplashID
    tryda
    Former Centro, Treo 700P, Treo 600, Tungsten T, M505 and PalmIII user...currently a Pre owner.
    skyscape and pepid both work.

Fontsmoother works and with the Palm Pre font loaded as my default font in classic now everyhting looks smooth
    Quote Originally Posted by mabmarc View Post
    I copied the pdb file from my wifes centro to my palm pre. I had to use Resco Explorer to copy the ewallet data file into the "Builtin(A) - Palm_DM" folder. Now I can see my ewallet files in the palm version now.
    Thanks ewallet works fine now. Still I wish they would come up with a version that will work directly on the PRE
    Added both Watchmaker and Belltime. Both almost work, but neither has any sound files. anyone know how to get sound to either one of them?
    Laissez Faire
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Dates! (calculates the days an weeks from one date to another) seems to work fine: Dates! v1.80 freeware for Palm treo phone and pda, PalmOS free downloads..
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Can someone please tell me if CallBlock works.
    Quote Originally Posted by wikka View Post
    Poeople who have PocketTunes working, can it find music stored on the Pre? I tried dumping music in various folders but they can't be found in pocket tunes
    You have to put them in the classic apps folder and it will find them. I have yet to see how to make it read the music on the Pre or the Pre read music in the launcher.
    Quote Originally Posted by wikka View Post
    Poeople who have PocketTunes working, can it find music stored on the Pre? I tried dumping music in various folders but they can't be found in pocket tunes
    Quote Originally Posted by casiouser View Post
    Just for kicks....what about TealOS?
    Yes it works I installed it
    Attached Images Attached Images
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast