Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by axiomjunglist View Post
    If you get buttons to work, please let us know. Also, how did you get the roms to be recognized?
    The NES games seem to be running at steady 60fps, but for some reason it seems lower, there must be a fps limit on classic in general or something. . .

Ok, the onscreen keys do work (top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right), although if you use them for arrows and hold it down, your dude won't move at all, he'll switch the way hes facing, but thats it.

I was able to able to transfer the roms that i put in the Install folder using Explorer. I did it by cutting the roms from Internal(B/PALM/Launcher/Install then pasting to Internal(B/PALM/Programs/LJP/NES/Roms. You'll need to create the Programs folder and every folder beneath it. Its more simple if you do it on your PC first then just cut and paste the whole folder within explorer.

I really hope motionapps include the ability to remap your hardware buttons using the pre keyboard, and also, i hope they have better support for the hardware buttons in general, since alot of applications seem to not be able to recognize at all when you press down the onscreen or associated keyboard buttons.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    For any docs out there,
    Epocrates does work
    Also got Andrew Yee's Eponyms to work
    Quote Originally Posted by ha-me3 View Post
    The NES games seem to be running at steady 60fps, but for some reason it seems lower, there must be a fps limit on classic in general or something. . .

Ok, the onscreen keys do work (top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right), although if you use them for arrows and hold it down, your dude won't move at all, he'll switch the way hes facing, but thats it.

I was able to able to transfer the roms that i put in the Install folder using Explorer. I did it by cutting the roms from Internal(B/PALM/Launcher/Install then pasting to Internal(B/PALM/Programs/LJP/NES/Roms. You'll need to create the Programs folder and every folder beneath it. Its more simple if you do it on your PC first then just cut and paste the whole folder within explorer.

I really hope motionapps include the ability to remap your hardware buttons using the pre keyboard, and also, i hope they have better support for the hardware buttons in general, since alot of applications seem to not be able to recognize at all when you press down the onscreen or associated keyboard buttons.
    I hear that hardware key mapping is something they are shooting for in the next release of Classic. Thanks a lot for posting... that gives me hope for when I get my Pre in November!
    Works..
    PalmVNC (runs but haven't tried a connect yet)
    Mazera
    Bridge OC
    GTS Racer
    Vexed

Many apps don't quit well or when hitting Home key, have to close the entire Classic app.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    These titles also worked for me:
    DopeWars
    Billards
    SimCity (kinda hard without a stylus )
    Space Trader
    Monopoly
    Traffic
    HandZipperLite
    TealPaint

And these titles weren't successful:
    GoogleMaps (flickers and doesn't do anything)
    WordSmith (BSoD)
    Lightspeed (Crashes)
    PalmDosBox (not enough RAM)
    UDMH (Gives false RAM info)
    Frames (Warily Software) works. Now I just need Classic to let me get the data back out to my computer again...

This was the only Palm program I was still using after switching to my Blackberry. Bought a Z22 just for it. Now, I don't need that anymore.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    RE: LJP, and others...

I submitted a feature request ticket to MotionApps asking if key mapping will be included in the next version of Classic. Here's the response:

"Classic v1.1 will bring support for Palm OS applications to be able to read any key's state which is mostly the feature used by games."

Just a matter of time now...
    Quote Originally Posted by eryntzun View Post
    I'm trying to find an IRC application that works, that is until they make one for the Pre itself.

Tried ptpChat but can't get it to connect. :/
    upIRC appeared to have worked in Classic when I tested it out using the Trial.
    got DOOM II running on classic using ZDoomZ

same problem as the NES emulator that you can only use the on screen keys

when it starts it has a few errors that you have to tap the screen to acknowledge, then it gives a low memory warning, but eventually loads and runs just fine.
    By chance is the email application able to locate files created by applications such as Documents To Go and HandBase?

Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Here are the ones I have working so far
    -Atari Retro
    -Bejewled
    -BrainForest
    -Pocket Chess
    -DateBk6
    -eReader
    -CK Diet Diary
    -Documents ToGo
    -FinCalc
    -GTS Racing
    -Interstellar Flames
    -IntelliGolf
    -IntelliTimer
    -Master Cook
    -Metric Calc
    -PacMan
    -PDA Cookbook
    -Pocket Quicken
    -Pocket Tunes
    -Resco Explorer
    -HandBase 4
    -Spash Money
    -Splash Shopper
    -Wine Guide

I have a few more that I am still working on. I have found that you really have to play around with where you put the PDB files and PRC files to make them run under classic. The ROM updater tool is critical for most of the larger more complex applications
    Greetings all. I finally had time to play around with Classic. Here's my list of what worked:

HotCheckers 3.2
    Dopewars 4.2.6
    BigClock 2.1
    Desdemona 1.1
    Filez
    Neko 1.0 (this is from 7/2/97!)
    Scrabble 1.2 (from Handmark - works, but very hard to place the tiles)
    Tussh 0.83 (ssh client - why isn't there one for the Pre already?!?)
    RPN 3.62

--Rob
    How very cool to have an Apple //e in one's pocket. Forget about how practical it is (especially trying to type with Graffiti , it's just cool.

The latest version (AppPalm 0.8) installs and runs under Classic, but the display is odd. It looks as though it's drawing two very tiny copies of the screen. It boots, and you can type OK, and even read the text if you know what you're looking for.

I've never done any Palm programming, so I have no idea why this would happen.

--Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Here are the ones I have working so far

-PDA Cookbook

I have a few more that I am still working on. I have found that you really have to play around with where you put the PDB files and PRC files to make them run under classic. The ROM updater tool is critical for most of the larger more complex applications
    Since you're not syncing with desktop, you can't really print recipe cards or shopping lists using PDA Cookbook, right? Or have you found a way? PDA Cookbook is one of my favorites, even if it is somewhat obscure.
    I've got Pleco 2 (Chinese dictionary software) working fairly well. The character handwriting recognition is not well suited for finger input, however.

Also working is Solebon (solitaire program).
    Hey guys (and gals) I got Audible to work within Classic today!

It works great!

I also have Kinoma working a little bit, it plays but then buffers after a sec or two, over and over again. But I do here a live stream!

I have FileProg working as a file manager.

I did manage to import all my contacts and calendar information.

I have Dictionary to Go working.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

MAthU works (but I needed to use HotSyncID to set my ID so I could register)
    Lines works
    Solitaires (from PAragon Software) works, but is a little fiddly without a stylus
    Bejewled gives me a BSOD, but I only have the demo, not the paid-up version
    SuDoKu works
    Snapper Mail works, (and needs the right ID to be registered) but crashes more often than I'd like. It doesn't lose data on crashing, so it's not a critical flaw (and I'm having trouble with the Pre Mail, so I'm glad to have options.) The support folks at Snapper have been very helpful, and are actively working with MotionApps to improve the reliability.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Hey guys (and gals) I got Audible to work within Classic today!

It works great!

I also have Kinoma working a little bit, it plays but then buffers after a sec or two, over and over again. But I do here a live stream!

I have FileProg working as a file manager.

I did manage to import all my contacts and calendar information.

I have Dictionary to Go working.

Rob
    Wow. How did you get audible to work? Can you use audible air? Can you post a link to the .prc file you used?
    Can somebody please please try

Resco IDGuard
    Planetarium

Thanks !
    woo! good riddens connect 4!
    NesEM works like a charm in 1.1. sound, and keyboard buttons work great!
    I started a new game of final fantasy I, that should last me till the dev kit comes out haha!
    LJP keyboard mapping works now too?
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast