Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    eWallet and HandyShopper work
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reidme View Post
    Ah, beautiful. This are precisely the two I'm planning on moving over now. Thanks for posting this.
    Quote Originally Posted by wikka View Post
    Poeople who have PocketTunes working, can it find music stored on the Pre? I tried dumping music in various folders but they can't be found in pocket tunes
    You need to get a program like Resco Explorer then move the files to a folder in the root directory of the Virual SD card folder. You can not see that folder from your PC.

The only problem is that once the mp3's are in there then the WebOS player can't see the files because they are not in the USB mass storage part of the Pre.

I have not given up yet. There must be a way.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  4.    #24  
    Handy Shopper gave me the blue screen and crashed my PRE. Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by reidme View Post
  5.    #25  
    RC46 , Classic has no sound so you can not hear any songs using Pocket Tunes. They did say a future version may include sound.

Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    You need to get a program like Resco Explorer then move the files to a folder in the root directory of the Virual SD card folder. You can not see that folder from your PC.

The only problem is that once the mp3's are in there then the WebOS player can't see the files because they are not in the USB mass storage part of the Pre.

I have not given up yet. There must be a way.
    ereader worked but crashed twice on me when trying to go back to it after i minimized the card and opened a few other cards--email, a few browser cards, media player. The first time the whole system crashed. The second time only classic crashed--with a blue screen.
    Makes Classic a no go for me--go forward into the new world or bust.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I'm pretty disappointed with Classic. I've gotten several blue screens I've had to boot into safe mode several times to try to figure out which apps were causing it to crash. Worst of all, twice (once yesterday, once today) after I had been using Classic, I got a notification that I had been logged out of my Palm Profile and had to reconnect to all my accounts and reset settings in several WebOS apps. From their help, it sounds like MotionApps released an incomplete version, and hopefully 1.1 will be more stable.
    I got LJP to play some NES roms. Now i'm am trying to figure out how to get the buttons recognized, none of the buttons (including the onscreen buttons) seem to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by wikka View Post
    Poeople who have PocketTunes working, can it find music stored on the Pre? I tried dumping music in various folders but they can't be found in pocket tunes
    I installed Pocket tunes but couldnt get radio update and since I didnt have mp3 on Classic so couldnt play anything. No luck with Kinoma, kept on asking me to buy even to stream mp3 radio. I dont know what the hell is wrong so I stick with shoutcast classic version and with some luck it stream many stations within browser.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    any comments from MotionApps yet? it seems like this is not working asthey have advertised.
    klondike from elctron hut crashes. ot will run, but when you input the code to register or go to play demo, it clue screens.

what file do you need to copy over to get splash to notice your data?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    KeyCaps600 works ... but only in Classic. So, it's kind of useful and useless at the same time.

MPG (car logbook that tracks all kinds of info) does work and is able to transfer over all your records. There was one initial BSOD, but now everything seems to be working fine.
    I'm having quite a bit of trouble with classic. I know I'm following the instructions correctly, but I cannot get any apps to work at all, even the Classic ROM updater.

I downloaded the Classic ROM updater to my desktop, connected my PRE to the PC in USB Drive mode, then copied the Classic ROM updater PRC file into the Classic Apps folder on my PRE. (I even tried dowloading it directly into the folder)

I disconnected the PRE, launched Classic and nothing was there besides the original apps from classic. (When I reconnect the PRE to my PC, the PRC file is still in the folder)

Anybody else??? I am using the trial version (which claims to be "fully functional"), could that be it?

Thanks for any input......I'm going crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by ISU_phoria View Post
    I'm having quite a bit of trouble with classic. I know I'm following the instructions correctly, but I cannot get any apps to work at all, even the Classic ROM updater.

I downloaded the Classic ROM updater to my desktop, connected my PRE to the PC in USB Drive mode, then copied the Classic ROM updater PRC file into the Classic Apps folder on my PRE. (I even tried dowloading it directly into the folder)

I disconnected the PRE, launched Classic and nothing was there besides the original apps from classic. (When I reconnect the PRE to my PC, the PRC file is still in the folder)

Anybody else??? I am using the trial version (which claims to be "fully functional"), could that be it?

Thanks for any input......I'm going crazy
    Now fire up classic and select "Internal" from the catagories pull down.
    You should see a program called ROMUpd..
    Run this program and it will create another folder inside your classic folder called install. Now from you PC copy your more complex (multifile) programs into that folder. When you start classic again you will see a program called Import. Run that program and you will see then new complex programs in classic. They should run now.

As I said earlier its very helpful if you have an advanced understanding of the Garnet file structure and the file structure of an SD card on a Garnet device. Then you can use Resco explorer to put all your files exactly where they belong.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    RC46 , Classic has no sound so you can not hear any songs using Pocket Tunes. They did say a future version may include sound.
    LOL - your right. I have it running but never plugged in my earphones to listen. Sure enough no sound.
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Run this program and it will create another folder inside your classic folder called install. Now from you PC copy your more complex (multifile) programs into that folder. When you start classic again you will see a program called Import. Run that program and you will see then new complex programs in classic. They should run now.

As I said earlier its very helpful if you have an advanced understanding of the Garnet file structure and the file structure of an SD card on a Garnet device. Then you can use Resco explorer to put all your files exactly where they belong.
    Thanks for the help!
    Password Plus works fine. I had to install the Updater, and put the files in the install folder. I am SO HAPPY!
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    I don't have ROMUpd under the "Internal" category. Does it show up only on registered versions?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Palm Pre (x2 referb)
    Twitter
    Here are the ones I have working so far
    -Atari Retro
    -Bejewled
    -BrainForest
    -Pocket Chess
    -DateBk6
    -eReader
    -CK Diet Diary
    -Documents ToGo
    -FinCalc
    -GTS Racing
    -Interstellar Flames
    -IntelliGolf
    -IntelliTimer
    -Master Cook
    -Metric Calc
    -PacMan
    -PDA Cookbook
    -Pocket Quicken
    -Pocket Tunes
    -Resco Explorer
    -HandBase 4
    -Spash Money
    -Splash Shopper
    -Wine Guide

I have a few more that I am still working on. I have found that you really have to play around with where you put the PDB files and PRC files to make them run under classic. The ROM updater tool is critical for most of the larger more complex applications
    How easy or hard are Splash Money & Splash Shopper to use on the Pre?
    How do you check those tiny boxes without a stylus?
    Quote Originally Posted by ha-me3 View Post
    I got LJP to play some NES roms. Now i'm am trying to figure out how to get the buttons recognized, none of the buttons (including the onscreen buttons) seem to work.
    If you get buttons to work, please let us know. Also, how did you get the roms to be recognized?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast