Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone been able to get epocrates to work through the classic app? I feel like I'm doing what the instructions are telling me to do, but can't get it to work.

The epocates FAQ has a posting about "working hard" to make it available. But weren't there videos of the classic app running epocrates? Any help would be appreciated. I'm on call tomorrow and would hate to have to lug my centro around with me too.
    I'm having the same problem. I was able to add other apps but not epocrates.
    try installing just the epocrates installer app.

Download it on your old Palm device and transfer it.

Just a suggestion. Dont have the Pre yet.
    I contacted Epocrates and their reply was:

"I understand that you would like to know if we support the Palm Pre. Unfortunately, we do not support the Palm Pre right now and I am not sure whether we will be supporting it in the future. I apologize for the inconvenience.

We will be updating our website and sending emails out if we do support the Palm Pre in the future."
    benhwa, we are trying to install it on Classic not to the native webos. Motionapps has certified Epocrates as working on Classic and has shown it working in videos. The problem is finding the correct files to install. I'm emailing Motionapps and hoping for a helpful reply.
    OK so hopefully within the next two months it will be supported. I see they have the same problems as other big companies - one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing. I have tried installing to classic and it crashed my pre.
    This doesnt make sense....

Ho come ePocrates was one of the apps demo'ed by Motionapps before (actualy one of the first demos had it).

??????????
    Looking at Motionapps this morning, Epocrates is no longer listed under Classic Certified Apps. A colleague called Motionapps yesterday and was told a new version of Classic would be released in a couple of weeks which would include Epocrates support.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalNight View Post
    Looking at Motionapps this morning, Epocrates is no longer listed under Classic Certified Apps. A colleague called Motionapps yesterday and was told a new version of Classic would be released in a couple of weeks which would include Epocrates support.
    its still a shame that they demoed epocrates early on.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    its still a shame that they demoed epocrates early on.
    shame or more like torture. My adoration of the Pre's form factor is severely being dampened by having to still carry my treo 700p around.
    Quote Originally Posted by edhkim View Post
    shame or more like torture. My adoration of the Pre's form factor is severely being dampened by having to still carry my treo 700p around.
    that sucks.... i think i will end up doing the same thing.
    I guess we'l have to be patient lol
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I think the real shame is that the trial only lasts 7 days, and I would like to be sure all of my software will work before I purchase it.

as of right now, the main program I required (pendragon forms) says there is no network available.
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS
    I got epocrates working.

I downloaded the epocrates program via get.epocrates.com, the copied it onto an SD card and copied the file (called setup.prc, I renamed it) to the classicapps folder.

Its pretty meh, amazing how quickly you get used to the webos interface... Don't want to use palm os anymore...
    Aristarchus, did you download multiple prc/pdb files from your Pre or was that on another device/computer? Then, did you copy a single prc alone or associated pdb's as well?
    I too am looking forward to put aside my Treo soon and focus on my Pre for all my needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by aristarchus View Post
    I got epocrates working.

I downloaded the epocrates program via get.epocrates.com, the copied it onto an SD card and copied the file (called setup.prc, I renamed it) to the classicapps folder.

Its pretty meh, amazing how quickly you get used to the webos interface... Don't want to use palm os anymore...
    now this is good this is good...

so i am familiar with that setup.prc app. Did you just run that and it downloaded the software thru the web?
    I can confirm Epocrates is up and running on classic using the setup.prc
    run it in classic and it will sync up with epocrates server and download it!

You download this from get.epocrates.com while on a palm device. OR
    by "tricking" the server into thinking you are on a palm device.

From a pretty old post in another forum: instructions for firefox (on your computer):
    type in about:config in the title bar.
    right click, select new/string. enter "general.useragent.override" for the preference, and "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-TunX; Blazer/4.3) 16;320x448" as the value.
    this fools the server into thinking that you're connecting from a palm device.
    navigate to get.epocrates.com
    click "install now"
    save to your location of choice, and move setup.prc to your classicapps folder on your pre.
    Run classic on your pre and self-explanatory from here on.

*side-note: the syncing/downloading of the program on the pre did mess up the first time, which I think is because the screen turned off, so I had to restart the download and this time didn't let the screen turn off and it went smooth. Maybe because i had wifi on? not sure but that's what i did and it worked.

Also, navigating through Epocrates on the pre is a bit rough without a stylus!
    I also can confirm that the download worked. I did encounter the problem of a Pre reboot near the end of the sync process. Periodically, the screen would time out during the (long) sync process, and I would have to unlock the Pre, though the progress bar appeared to be moving when the device was turned on again.
    Upon opening ClassicApps after the reboot occurred, I saw the Epocrates icon on the launcher screen. I clicked it and the sync process began from the beginning, this time completing w/o interruption. The only thing I did differently was change the timeout on the screen to 3 minutes, though I doubt the screen turning off affected the download.
    So my Epocrates appears to be working exactly as on my Treo. Just have to wait for them to release a fully integrated version for the Pre. I think I'll still buy ClassicApps until then and for my other Treo programs.
    Great info guys. I wonder what happens if one uses Blazer from within Classic to navigate to Install Epocrates
    I guess if you can't get the setup.prc to the Classic install folder then this won't work. Which means users need to download the setup.prc from a third party device (another Palm or the FF trick as detailed above)
    I presume too the Epocrates updates will work OTA which makes Hotsync updates unnecessary.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast