Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    I thought I read something a little while ago saying the pre would be coming with an alarm app...or at least be available to download? yes, no?
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    if you update your OS using the update Icon it brings in a program called clock. On the right hand side of the clock program theres a button for setting alarms.
    it is there, open up the clock app

Edit: Mikest beat me to it and was more thorough
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    thanks, i need to update.
    Is there any way to set the the minutes on the alarm to something other than a multiple of 5?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    While I love the UI of the alarm app, it's missing something critical, the alarms only play sounds and won't use the vibrate function. The centro gave you a choice...
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    I found a bug in the alarm app: I set an alarm to play during weekdays only, and it rang this morning... Whaaaaa?
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    I found a bug in the alarm app: I set an alarm to play during weekdays only, and it rang this morning... Whaaaaa?
    Yeah, same thing here. It woke me up at 5:45 am on a Sunday. Dammit. But anyway, I was on Palm forums this morning and it's a known bug and are fixing it.
    Posted the same over in the webos apps sub forum. I was like WTF, it's Sunday.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    You can also set alarms for events in the Calender as well. But, as was already said, the clock replaced "World Clock" for weekday alarms and what not.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I don't know if this is a feature or a bug but damn, it was hard to get at the snooze on the pre this morning, lol.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_pre View Post
    I don't know if this is a feature or a bug but damn, it was hard to get at the snooze on the pre this morning, lol.
    That's a feature...
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Hopefully we'll get some other alarm apps to choose from soon. I don't like the tiny snooze button, or the fact that you can't change the snooze interval (5 minutes is way too short), or that if you have the alarm turned on, you have to move a reminder out of the way to even get the main screen to come up when you wake up the phone. Yes, I know I have an alarm set. I don't need it to have a reminder that must be dismissed every time I wake up the phone.
    HAHAHAH I found the same bug. Set up my work weekday times so I could wake up M-F and it blared at 5:40 this morning! OMFG I was waiting for my Fiance to turn into Satan. Good thing she somehow slept through the FLURRY ringtone ><
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Conceyted: Fiance to turn into Satan
    My fiance was sooo happy she didn't have to listen the G1's Rooster Alarm, that was her first comment of the morning, how nice my new phone is. She doesn't know I am in the process of transferring it off the G1 to the pre
    I had the clock alarm set but there was also a reminder in the calendar that was set for 10 minutes earlier. Calendar reminder gave one short burst and then just sat there waiting for acknowledgment and apparently prevented the clock alarm from going off! When I did acknowledge it, the clock alarm went off immediately - - but 15 minutes after it should have.

If you are going to use the Clock alarm to wake up, make sure there is no calendar reminder that proceeds it.
    +1 on the weekday only sunday wakeup call

hope they fix this
    The alarm app is awful. Can't set M W F only or Tu Th only alarms (like to wake up at a different time for the gym) and it is really really quiet. It sounded for like 20 min this morning Ywhen it wasn't supposed to...) before it annoyed my girlfriend enough to go turn it off. I didn't even know it went off until she told me later.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    The alarm app is awful.
    The good news is it can only get better. Once MOJO (SDK) is released you will plenty of alternatives in the app store.

Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    t is really really quiet. It sounded for like 20 min this morning
    I found the ringtones to not be suitable for an alarm for the same reason. They are too quite and not "shocking" enough.

I posted 6 traditional alarm MP3 that you can use instead of one of the default ringtones. I also increased the volume to make them much louder than the defaults.

You can download them here:

drop.io palmpre
    The stock alarm app doesnt work that well. Everytime an update appears or I resync my phone and add new ringtones I have to change the ones I set my alarm for.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast