Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seems to work fine for me...
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jfscars48 View Post
    I am a real novice when it comes to technology but I will be darned if I can figure why Palm didn't include the Plam PIM in the Pre.
    Because the old app needed to be rebuilt to (a) work within the Pre's architecture, (b) work with the Pre's new user interface, and (c) support Synergy. Plus, there are licensing issues. The company that makes the Pre is not the company that owns the PalmOS.

Now, why they didn't include some of the basic functionality that's in every PIM, I don't know. My guess is that they simply ran out of time.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    Now, why they didn't include some of the basic functionality that's in every PIM, I don't know. My guess is that they simply ran out of time.
    One thing that just IRKS me is why can't I set a custom alarm time for an event. I have to choose from Palm's pre-configured list. How do THEY know what I need?? The ability to to set an alarm to, say, an hour and 15 minutes before the event, or 28 minutes before, or 3 days before, or more would be nice.

Seems like a company built on personal organization would make the apps that govern that functionality as full featured as possible.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12