Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    How do I get changes made on Google Calendars to push over to my phone? Some do and some don't????
  2.    #2  
    Never mind figured it out
    It should periodically sync about every 15 minutes or so.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    How did you get it to push?
    Quote Originally Posted by VitaminA View Post
    How did you get it to push?
    I'm wondering the same thing. Is it possible?

In "Email", under "Preferences & Accounts", "Accounts: Gmail" I have the setting for "SYNC: Get Mail - As Items arrive". Gmail pushes emails to the Pre as soon as they arrive. It also sends emails from the Pre immediately. No problems.

But the calendar items won't sync until I go to "Contacts", "Preferences & Accounts" and I press the "Sync Now" button.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Treo300>600>650>755p>Pre
    not sure why you're having to manual sync it.... how long are you waiting b4 you decide to manual sync it
    New entries on Google calendars should get pushed. One known issue with google Calendars is changes to an event/appointement. Does not get pushed for 24 hours sometimes. That is not Pre but a Google issue.
    Last edited by cglaguna; 06/07/2009 at 04:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8addicted View Post
    not sure why you're having to manual sync it.... how long are you waiting b4 you decide to manual sync it
    5-10 minutes on average. A couple of times, I've been away from the phone for 30 minutes to an hour.
    Treo300>600>650>755p>Pre
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I've waited for 3 hours its still not pushing in either direction [mobile to server or server to mobile].

I'm thinking about getting mobileme to get better PUSH for the calendars. However I am unsure as to whether mobileme supports the Palm Pre.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I'm having a similar problem. I can add events to either the Pre or directly to Google Calendars and sync without any problems. I can also edit on Google Calendars and sync onto the Pre without any problems. But if I edit an event on the Pre and wait, or even manual sync it, the edits do not appear in Google Calendar. What gives??
    I did a little testing with the "push" issue and here's my results:

-------------------
    1) Deleted appointment on PRE - waited 12 minutes - no sync to Google Calendar.
    So, on the Pre I pushed "Sync Now" in Calendar and it worked.

2) Deleted appointment on GOOGLE CALENDAR - waited 12 minutes - no sync to Pre.

3) Added appointment on PRE - waited 16 minutes - no sync to Google Calendar.

*4) Added appointment to GOOGLE CALENDAR - waited 1 hour & 30 minutes - it worked!
    The appointment automatically sync'd to Pre.

*5) Added appointment to PRE - waited 22 minutes - it worked!
    The appointment automatically sync'd to Google Calendar.

*6) Added appointment to GOOGLE CALENDAR - waited 1 hour & 5 minutes - it worked!
    -------------------

So, my best uneducated guess...Google Calendar and the Pre talk to each other whenever they feel like it. Appointments never appeared instantly (push-style) like Gmail does. But if you wait long enough...sometimes 22 minutes...sometimes an hour and a half...it will eventually sync. (I hope!)

Doug
    Treo300>600>650>755p>Pre
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DougDarden View Post

So, my best uneducated guess...Google Calendar and the Pre talk to each other whenever they feel like it. Appointments never appeared instantly (push-style) like Gmail does. But if you wait long enough...sometimes 22 minutes...sometimes an hour and a half...it will eventually sync. (I hope!)

Doug
    I am currently conducting a similar experiment.

Initially I too thought it was random. However, the preactually seems to by synchronizing at ??:00 and ??:30

For example the update times are: 1:00, 1:30, 2:00, 2:30 .... Thus the pre seems to update twice per hour at XX:00 and XX:30

I've done a couple of trials and this pattern seems to be somewhat consistent. However, if you add/delete/modify/view an event less than 15-20 minutes before the update time at XX:00 or XX:30 the event doesn't get updated. Very strange...

I'm not 100% sure this is so as my experiment had a few confounding variables. I am now retesting after having eliminated said variables.
    I found this thread by ucivanc in the Palm forums:
    "No Automatic Calendar Synchronization - Synergy (webOS) - Palm Support Forums"

Looks like ucivanc was having similar issues and may have discovered an issue/solution with the time zone settings in Google Calendar (see message 6 in his thread). My Google Calendar settings were always set to the correct time zone. I'm posting it just in case it helps someone else out.

Doug
    Treo300>600>650>755p>Pre
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DougDarden View Post

-------------------
    1) Deleted appointment on PRE - waited 12 minutes - no sync to Google Calendar.

2) Deleted appointment on GOOGLE CALENDAR - waited 12 minutes - no sync to Pre.

3) Added appointment on PRE - waited 16 minutes - no sync to Google Calendar.

*4) Added appointment to GOOGLE CALENDAR - waited 1 hour & 30 minutes - it worked!

*5) Added appointment to PRE - waited 22 minutes - it worked!
    The appointment automatically sync'd to Google Calendar.

*6) Added appointment to GOOGLE CALENDAR - waited 1 hour & 5 minutes - it worked!
    -------------------

Doug
    When you edit events on the Pre and sync, do the edits show up on Google Calendar? I still can't get my edits made on the Pre to show up on Google Calendar - anybody got ideas?
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Yah, i'm familiar with that post.....as I am the one who made it

LOL!!!

Prior to coming up with that solution my Pre DID NOT autosync at all.

-----------

Unfortunately, although I have observed certain trends I am thus far unable to come up with a single unified pattern as to why synchronization of the calendar with google is unpredictable. Perhaps i am inadvertently introducing variation and am affecting the frequency of synchronization.

All I can say is what I have observed with regards to my PRE:

if you leave the phone idle for a while, usually no less than 24 minutes, then 9 times out of 10 it will sync from the PRE to Google-Cal. This requires that the addition/change/deletion be made to the Pre itself.

Appointments added to Google-Cal are unpredictably synchronized to the PRE unless you have also recently added/modified/deleted/etc an event to the PRE in which case the frequency of synchronization will be the same as if you just added an event to the PRE alone.

---------
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJosh View Post
    When you edit events on the Pre and sync, do the edits show up on Google Calendar? I still can't get my edits made on the Pre to show up on Google Calendar - anybody got ideas?
    How long do you wait before opening the Pre's calendar again? Continuously checking the google-cal side of things hasn't affected synchronization for me, but frequently checking the Pre's calendar seems to effectively prevent synchronization.
    Last edited by VitaminA; 06/07/2009 at 08:54 PM.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    How long do you wait before opening the Pre's calendar again? Continuously checking the google-cal side of things hasn't affected synchronization for me, but frequently checking the Pre's calendar has.
    I made changes to events last night on the PRE that still haven't surfaced onto Google-Cal. It's weird bc when I add events onto the PRE, they show up on Google-Cal without problem - it just won't sync changes. This is worrisome bc I need a reliable calendar...
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJosh View Post
    I made changes to events last night on the PRE that still haven't surfaced onto Google-Cal. It's weird bc when I add events onto the PRE, they show up on Google-Cal without problem - it just won't sync changes. This is worrisome bc I need a reliable calendar...
    Do they Sync if you click the "Sync Now" button?
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Do they Sync if you click the "Sync Now" button?
    A moment ago, I thought the problem was solved bc I was able to get 2 edits made on the PRE to sync onto Google-Cal. But now, I have the same problem again - the edits made in the PRE just aren't arriving to Google-Cal. This sucks.

Is there anyone else out there having this issue???
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    I have a vacation from June 17-22, it shows on google calender on my laptop but not on my Pre. All my other dates and appointments show on my Pre...
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast