Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    here is one for you guys, is there a way to choose a default cal view on the pre...such as i would like to have it in month view when i open the cal app....
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJosh View Post
    ... if there are any non-letter characters besides "@" in the title, then changes will not sync to Google Calendar....
    Anyone else notice this??? Or is it just my Pre that's screwed up?
    I can confirm the same thing happened to me. I made two test appointments on my Pre and clicked "Sync Now". Appointment 1 with an "&" did NOT sync to GC. Appointment 2 with an "and" did sync to GC.

Then, I changed the "&" in Appointment 1 to an "and" and pressed "Sync Now". It then sync'd instantly to GC.

Nice catch, DrJosh.

-----
    Edit: I can also confirm this on two other appointments I made earlier today on my Pre that did not sync to GC. They both had an "&" in them. I changed the "&" to "and", clicked "Sync Now" and they sync'd instantly to GC.
    Last edited by DougDarden; 06/08/2009 at 11:02 PM.
    Treo300>600>650>755p>Pre
    I have many of these same issues...and all that I can say is that it sucks. Seriously. Basic issues with the calendar? This is the *biggest* showstopper for me right now.

I routinely cannot see appts on a day in "day view" (especially all-day, no time appts). If I switch to "week view", they are there. I can then click on a day of the week to drill back into "day view" and *then* I see them. Grrrrrrr.

I can add items to the online Google calendar and then hit synch on two of my Pre's and they show up...but I cannot get appts entered on the Pre to move to Google...even when I hit the manual synch button...and I have verified that all of my time zones are the same (EDT)...and that my appts are being made on the Google (vs Palm) calendar. Grrrrr times 2.

Steve
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I am having problems with my cal...for starters....i am having a lot of dupe appointments, repeat events are on the wrong date and when i correct the date on the pre it doesnt fix it. when i launch the calendar, in month view the wrong day is circled...also what is the sense of having a month view when it doesnt even show or highlight the day of an all day event...WTF syncing with google sux...they should have made an option to sync via usb with outlook...
    double check your time zone?
    I see pandas.
    I was hopeful after reading DrJosh discovery about text in the location field and odd characters in it. I went add edited an appointment I put on the Pre to take out everything from the location field and made sure I had only text in the event name. Still no luck.

I deleted the even altogether and created a new one. Did a forced sync and still no luck getting it back on the Google Calendar.

This is definitely getting frustrating.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Thanks prince, i did check the time zone and that not the problem...i was wishing it was...its weird...i launch cal and on month view it circles a day ahead...when i check week view its the right day...i have to exit the cal then go back in and it is the right day...(sometimes) this is killing me...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rino808 View Post
    here is one for you guys, is there a way to choose a default cal view on the pre...such as i would like to have it in month view when i open the cal app....
    This would be nice but I haven't found a way.
    My developer instincts tells me there's an error happening during syncing, but the phone is completely silent about it. I, too, still can't get anything to sync from my phone up to the web. Going from web to phone works fine for me (at least with the manual sync, to be sure that it works at all). I might sit on the phone or chat or whatnot with Palm later today and see if I can get my part straightened out.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeusInnomen View Post
    My developer instincts tells me there's an error happening during syncing, but the phone is completely silent about it. I, too, still can't get anything to sync from my phone up to the web. Going from web to phone works fine for me (at least with the manual sync, to be sure that it works at all). I might sit on the phone or chat or whatnot with Palm later today and see if I can get my part straightened out.
    While that might be the case to some extent, I don't think that's the whole issue.

Reason: Many of us can't see appts on a day view, but they are there on the week view...and if we drill into day view, they show up...but we can then get them to disappear again. The synch is only every 15 mins or so as I understand it...not every time that you switch views...so I think that we also have a client-side issue.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Same problems for me...anything I add to the Pre is not getting synced to Google Calendar. I would say that this will need to be fixed via OTA update...hopefully soon!
    I have the same issue:

Says it syncs fine
    Immediately can see a calendar item in the day view then disappears
    Can see little grey blocks in the month view but not in the day or week view

Anyone find a fix yet?

Please!
    I have a fix. 100% reliable calendar. Add an appt and it will show up in day view, week view, and month view. It also adds a capability for a day at a glance view with upcoming appts, tasks, etc...and switching between days is lightning fast.

It's called a Treo 700p.

Seriously Palm, are you listening?! Basic calendar issues? You have got to be kidding me.
    When you are in the month view, how do you go to the next month? I tried the finger-swipe to the left, which works in day and week view, but it doesn't seem to work in month view. Um..never mind...just figured it out. Finger swipe from bottom to top. ARGH!
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Identical behavior on mine. bigdaddyo811:

"Says it syncs fine
    Immediately can see a calendar item in the day view then disappears
    Can see little grey blocks in the month view but not in the day or week view"
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    It's google's fault. Their calendar sync is notoriously slow. It takes up to 24 hours for edits to show up. Blame google, not Palm.
    It can't be all Google's fault, because I'm having very similar problems syncing with an Exchange server. I've removed and reinstalled the account once, and still some calendar events come over and some don't -- even 18 hours later and after many taps on the Sync Now button. It looks as if the events that didn't come over on the initial sync are never going to.

But after removing and reinstalling the Google calendar, most of the events did come over. (I have one-way sync from Exchange to Google, so those two calendars are identical). I'll try removing and reinstalling the Exchange account again, and see how it does.

I'm hoping there's a team of Palm developers hard at work on getting sync functions up to full functionality.

P.S. Removing and reinstalling the Exchange account didn't solve my problem. At first I got the no-text greyed-out look, but that was temporary. When color and text returned, the same items that were missing the first time were still missing, even though they were able to make the trip from Exchange to Google to the Pre.
    Last edited by opensecret; 06/09/2009 at 11:14 AM. Reason: P.S.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Lol, maybe we should all call palm today to see if they have a fix[they don't but perhaps if enough people call they'll fix the problem]

------------------------

On another note, if it takes sometime for changes/edits made on your computer to get to your pre IT IS GOOGLE'S FAULT.

I'm using exchange now and any calendar change made on my computer gets to my pre in under 10 seconds.

The other direction remains problematic.

----------------

I'm using interwaysmail.de since they said they supported the pre.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    I have a fix. 100% reliable calendar. Add an appt and it will show up in day view, week view, and month view. It also adds a capability for a day at a glance view with upcoming appts, tasks, etc...and switching between days is lightning fast.

It's called a Treo 700p.

Seriously Palm, are you listening?! Basic calendar issues? You have got to be kidding me.

It really is beyond me why there is not a better cal app. I love datebk. I am trying so hard to use the pre and want to love it. It really is good, but some things need tweaking.
    DUDES - at least you have SOMETHING in your Google calendar. I have ZERO calendar items appearing in my Google calendar online. They are in my Pre (synced in from my Palm Desktop the day I got the Pre) and they are definitely set up for Google, but NONE of my calendar appointmens appear in the online google calendar. Stumped.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Hate to sound like a broken record but did you check the Timezone setting on Google. I really do think it matters since the first day I had the pre I too couldn't get things to update to google UNTIL i noticed the timezones were different.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast