Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 68
  1. #21  
    There are weird bugs in the syncing between the PRE and Google Calendar. At first I thought none of my Google Calendar events were synced since I didn't see them at all in my PRE Calendar, but today I noticed that it listed my wife's B-day as an event...but my wife's B-day was yesterday and it showed it correctly on Google Calendar. So it seems that when it synced it moved all my events 1 day forward and that's why I didn't see them the first time. Also...the events don't show up on the Monthly view...only weekly. To get everything working right...I deleted each event on my PRE and recreated them on the correct date....and then synced everything and now it all shows up correctly. A bit of jumping through hoops to get it all working right...but at least it is possible.

    So if you don't see your events...try switching to weekly view...and check the date after the event to see it if was erroneously placed there.
  2. drjosh's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #22  
    I deleted my Google account from the Pre, then re-added it hoping that a reset would fix things. When the Google account was re-added and synced to my Pre, all the events are listed on the Pre in grey WITHOUT ANY WORDS OR TEXT. That's right - now there are gray blocks where there should be events on my Pre but I cannot tell what they are since there's no text. Is this normal after deleting and re-adding a Google account?

    Pre-Google-Calendar syncing officially sucks.
  3. VitaminA's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    #23  
    If you're talking about the monthly view then yes that's normal. All boxes are gray in the monthly view, unless you select a category in the top right corner.

    I too am surprised that PALM could mess up something as simple as color coding for the calendar.

    I mean come on.... really??? You couldn't get color coding down before launch? I bet they initially put in color coding but it slowed down calendar too much for their liking. lol
  4. VitaminA's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    #24  
    I've noticed another bug. After working in the calendar for some time, the circle around today's date is now the 8th in the monthly view, even though everywhere else the date is indicated as the 7th [it is currently the 7th]. I even checked the date and time settings and the time zone settings.

    Finally resolved after I reset the device.

    I guess Palm really focused on the gimicky stuff that would attract non-business users.
  5. drjosh's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by VitaminA View Post
    If you're talking about the monthly view then yes that's normal. All boxes are gray in the monthly view, unless you select a category in the top right corner.

    I too am surprised that PALM could mess up something as simple as color coding for the calendar.

    I mean come on.... really??? You couldn't get color coding down before launch? I bet they initially put in color coding but it slowed down calendar too much for their liking. lol
    It's doing the gray thing in both daily and weekly views with no text describing the events - it only includes the correct times. I just called Sprint and got hung up on. Gonna try resetting the Pre and see what that does...
  6. VitaminA's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    #26  
    Well there really isn't suppose to be any text in the weekly and monthly views. Don't know whats going on in the daily view though. In what text box, in google, do you enter the text in? Title?
  7. drjosh's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by VitaminA View Post
    Well there really isn't suppose to be any text in the weekly and monthly views. Don't know whats going on in the daily view though. In what text box, in google, do you enter the text in? Title?
    So weekly and daily were all gray. I restart the device, now everything is back to normal. Interesting..... I wonder if I can now make edits in the Pre and have them synced to Google - Cal?
  8. drjosh's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJosh View Post
    So weekly and daily were all gray. I restart the device, now everything is back to normal. Interesting..... I wonder if I can now make edits in the Pre and have them synced to Google - Cal?
    Nope - I still can't get edits made on the Pre to show up in Google Calendar. I can't believe I'm the only one on here complaining on this problem.
  9. akula34's Avatar
    Posts
    655 Posts
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    #29  
    It's google's fault. Their calendar sync is notoriously slow. It takes up to 24 hours for edits to show up. Blame google, not Palm.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
  10. dave75's Avatar
    Posts
    796 Posts
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJosh View Post
    So weekly and daily were all gray. I restart the device, now everything is back to normal. Interesting..... I wonder if I can now make edits in the Pre and have them synced to Google - Cal?
    If you click on the pulldown menu in the top right corner, you can select which calender you want to view. You may have accidentally selected a calender other than your Google calender.

    It's weird, my month view says it's the 9th too, but the today and week view say it's the 8th. That's a bug.
  11. JustinZ's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    #31  
    For the last couple hours, my calendar has been showing as completely blank. Everything is fine on my Google calendar. I also deleted and re-added my Google account without any effect.
  12. drjosh's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    If you click on the pulldown menu in the top right corner, you can select which calender you want to view. You may have accidentally selected a calender other than your Google calender.

    It's weird, my month view says it's the 9th too, but the today and week view say it's the 8th. That's a bug.
    Basically, in daily view, blocks of time where events should be were gray without any text. I restarted the phone and it corrected. It's got the dates correct so far for me, though
  13. drjosh's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    It's google's fault. Their calendar sync is notoriously slow. It takes up to 24 hours for edits to show up. Blame google, not Palm.
    Fair enough - I'll keep waiting and see - edits I made last night (around 12 hours ago) on my Pre still haven't showed up in Google Calendar.
  14. #34  
    I noticed that you won't see the updates until you close and re-launch the CAL program.
    Unsure if this was a coincidence or not.
    It also can take some time.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

    Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

    Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
  15. karobi's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #35  
    I tried searching in the forum to see if this has been brought up- but I have trouble navigating it since there have been thousands of posts since Sat.
    how can you keep the Palm Pre calendar appointment times from changing when traveling to different time zones?
  16. drjosh's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #36  
    Another issue with syncing Google - when I added addresses to my contacts on the Pre then sync, it shows up on Gmail. However, when I add addresses to my contacts on Gmail then sync, it does not show up on the Pre. What gives?
  17. drjosh's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJosh View Post
    Another issue with syncing Google - when I added addresses to my contacts on the Pre then sync, it shows up on Gmail. However, when I add addresses to my contacts on Gmail then sync, it does not show up on the Pre. What gives?
    Nevermind - it took a while, but it came over. Still no luck however with syncing Calendar edits..
  18. drjosh's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #38  
    I found a semi-resolution to my issue. I noticed that whenever I have any text in the "Location" slot for events on the Pre or if there are any non-letter characters besides "@" in the title, then changes will not sync to Google Calendar. So basically, my events now look like this : event @ place : without anything in the "Location" slot. Doing it this way allows it to sync over immediately to Google Caledar. Using things like "&" in the screwed it up and it wouldn't transmit the changes made on Pre to Google-Cal. Maybe it has something to do with trying Google Maps trying to map anything you write in the Location slot??

    Anyone else notice this??? Or is it just my Pre that's screwed up?
  19. #39  
    My sync issue seems to be that my gmail password keeps changing on my Pre. If I open the account and change log in info to the correct password and then Sync, everything is hunky dory. I close the calendar, make a change on google, and try to re'sync...nothing. My password in the acount info is different again. (Noticable because it is several digits shorter) Going to contact Palm about it.
  20. #40  
    Is there anyway to zoom out on the "show today" calendar. My day can go from 7:00 to 9:00 pm. I want to see the entire day instead of half of it? Also, is there anyway to list upcoming events via the calendar. I just want a simple list of what I have to do that day.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions