Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    There is a DtG viewer app built into the Pre.
    Unfortunately, there seems to be no way to upgrade it to a full version of the app, from the app itself, in Palm's App Store client, or on the DataViz website.

Does a full version of it exist, and if so, how can one get it?

-Rusty J
    -Rusty
    Blackjack, Tilt; Treo 90, 270-680; Palm Vx, i705, T|T3, iQue 3200; Nokia N800, E71
    Doesn't exist yet. Dataviz hasn't said when it'll be available yet.
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Rats.

-Rusty

(waiting... perhaps a little longer, I suppose)
    -Rusty
    Blackjack, Tilt; Treo 90, 270-680; Palm Vx, i705, T|T3, iQue 3200; Nokia N800, E71
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Outlook 2007 Files don't open with Documents to Go. I can see them but when I click on them it says "Doc View has encountered an error. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Error message:

Opening Doucment Failed

I sideloaded some office 2003 and 2007 files. The 2003 open up fine but the 2007 dont. I NEED this to work. Anyone else have better luck?
    I can't even get the 97-03 Excel files to open. The MS Word docs open fine, but when I try the Excel files I just get a white screen. I reported this in the Bugs thread and made a post on Palm's support forum.
    FYI, the Palm #Pre DocView app is powered by DataViz. Upgrade to Documents To Go available later this year! Sign up list coming soon.
    Twitter / DataViz, Inc.: FYI, the Palm #Pre DocView ...
    Has any tried using any of the earlier POS versions, using Classic? I have 2 earlier versions, will give them a try later tonight.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxthesilent View Post
    I can't even get the 97-03 Excel files to open. The MS Word docs open fine, but when I try the Excel files I just get a white screen. I reported this in the Bugs thread and made a post on Palm's support forum.
    I seem to have solved the problem: for some reason, some of my Excel and Word docs were saved with the .doc or .xls extensions in caps (.DOC or .XLS). Docs to Go does not like this and will not open the file if the file extension is in all caps.

Pat
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    Has any tried using any of the earlier POS versions, using Classic? I have 2 earlier versions, will give them a try later tonight.
    Were you able to get Docs2go from P-OS working on Classic? If so, any limitations? Can you attach the doc's to email? This is the only thing holding me back from upgrading to Pre from my 755p.
    No luck so far for Documents to Go for me. Tried installing various remnants I have found. About to try the CD again. I have a few versions.

For those that got it to work, which version did you use?
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxthesilent View Post
    I seem to have solved the problem: for some reason, some of my Excel and Word docs were saved with the .doc or .xls extensions in caps (.DOC or .XLS). Docs to Go does not like this and will not open the file if the file extension is in all caps.

Pat
    Thank you so much... I was not able to understand why I could open one of my docs and not the others, would never have figured this out on my own.
    I have Docs ToGo 10 running just fine under classic. You have to make sure to put all the right files in the right places and it works like a charm. If you dont understand how the old Garnet file system was organized then you may have problems.

I can now edit word, excel, and powerpoint documents in Classic, view them and email mail them from WebOS native apps. Its a work around, but I will take it for now.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I have Docs ToGo 10 running just fine under classic. You have to make sure to put all the right files in the right places and it works like a charm. If you dont understand how the old Garnet file system was organized then you may have problems.

I can now edit word, excel, and powerpoint documents in Classic, view them and email mail them from WebOS native apps. Its a work around, but I will take it for now.

Nice FInd
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Apparently it's coming as a native WebOS app. See the precentral blog, http://www.precentral.net/dataviz-re...-pre-community
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    Apparently it's coming as a native WebOS app. See the precentral blog, http://www.precentral.net/dataviz-re...-pre-community
    we knew they were coming. The Doc View has their logo on it and it tells us that editing can be done only in the paid version... so it's coming.

Just successfully created and opened a native word document using docstogo10 on Classic. One by one i am getting my old Palm functionalities back...
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post

That's good to know.

Thanks!