1.    #1  
    I'm curious to know if anybody has tried getting any emulation software like LJP/NesEM/etc working on their Pre. It's something I'm not easily giving up and would be pretty sad if it didn't work in classic mode. I like playing old NES games on my phone...
    I'll try in a bit but Clasic is pretty limited. I dont know if it will install all those zen files etc.

If you can get LJP to run and the keyboard mapping still works then it might be enjoyable. as of now its clumsy at best playing any games.

I hope motion apps fixes some things, but all in all its pretty good for what it is. I dont know if its 29.99! good though.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    I'll try in a bit but Clasic is pretty limited. I dont know if it will install all those zen files etc.

If you can get LJP to run and the keyboard mapping still works then it might be enjoyable. as of now its clumsy at best playing any games.

I hope motion apps fixes some things, but all in all its pretty good for what it is. I dont know if its 29.99! good though.
    I hear the biggest problem is getting the app to recognize where the roms are since the filesystem is all virtual (so I am told I have no idea really). Please post your successes/failures!
    I am trying to find the "Updater icon in the Palm OS launcher" in order to install the ROM program for classic. Anybody know where this icon is?
    You need to go to motionapps web site (sorry I can't post the URL since I'm new on these forums). Download the PRC from there. Then, connect you Pre via USB and copy the PRC into the Classic folder.

Eject your Pre and start Classic. You may have to tap the Home button until you see the ROM Updater. You only have to run it once.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I was able to copy Roms into the virtual NesEm folder using filez, but i am awaiting my new auth code from kelmsoft since my NesEm is not registered in classic
  7.    #7  
    Please post your findings once you have it registered! Just to be able to play NesEm on the Pre would make me really happy...
  8.    #8  
    bump
    I have not found a way to get the prc and pdb files into classic. Everything else is there but I cannot seem to get the correct files to upload. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
    Hey everybody. I've only tried the demo, but key mapping works for NesEm. It works, my only complaint is that it seems to be so slow that I'm not able to play anything on it. I don't know why key mapping doesn't work on LJP, but it would be nice to get that up and running. I've tried playing SNES games on LJP in classic, but it turns out that there isn't enough memory for it. If there were some way to have Classic take up more memory, I think that wouldn't be a problem, though.
    Ok, so I've got the full version of NesEm now, and it plays some games (Super Mario Bros, Final Fantasy) just fine, and others (Final Fantasy 2) crash at times or just don't respond to any buttons. I'm actually thinking that the speed of NesEm is just fine, my largest complaint though (and this is for most apps in Classic), is that you can't map every button, which makes games like Super Mario Brothers really hard to play. Once that gets fixed, though, I think a lot of games should be playable.