Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Has anyone else tried getting Classic to work with a hotsync ID that has spaces? I was under the impression that most hotsync IDs would have spaces, since if I remember correctly, it used your full name as the ID by default. I know that if this is the case, none of my purchased PalmOS software from my Treo will make it over to Classic, and I won't be purchasing it.
    I'm having the same issue. I hope this gets fixed soon.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Edited to prepend: Strike the below, actually. It seems maybe there are two HotSync ID programs in Classic? Go to the System category in Launcher and use the one there ("HotSync ID"); it seems happy with spaces. The one in Unfiled ("HotSyncId.prc") has the space issue.

Original post follows, but is not necessary if the above works.

Ran into this as well, but there's a workaround. I remembered needing this program a while back, and it seems to work in Classic as well:

ChangeName: http [colon slash slash] www [dot] mulliner [dot] org [slash] palm [slash] changename.php

(Sorry, I'm far too noobish to be able to post links here. Would appreciate another poster with sufficient experience posting a proper link for that atrocity.)

Just installed it, then installed a program I have registered, and it works just fine with my HotSync ID including spaces.
    Last edited by FoxFireX; 06/06/2009 at 08:25 PM.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I am wondering if you have a different classic than I do, as I don't have two different Hotsync ID apps. Also, my Classic doesn't even have a web browser installed, so no go installing that .prc from within the PalmOS. I'll see about downloading it offline and installing it through the USB cable.
    The advise above actually worked. Thanks!
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthe View Post
    I am wondering if you have a different classic than I do, as I don't have two different Hotsync ID apps. Also, my Classic doesn't even have a web browser installed, so no go installing that .prc from within the PalmOS. I'll see about downloading it offline and installing it through the USB cable.
    I'm really not sure about why there seem to be two of them. When Classic first started, I only saw the one item (which didn't take the spaces). I installed the ChangeName app (via USB cable as you mentioned) and used that, but the next time I went to the "All" category, I saw two "HotSync ID" applications. One works, one doesn't. I don't think I had installed Classic's ROM Updater by that point, but it was pretty close to the same time.
    Now I can't enter anything in HotSyncID and it states I have only 6 more days to try it.
    Download the ChangeName and use it to change your HotSync ID.
    It worked.

mulliner.org/palm/changename.php
    Any way to download this prc directly over the air via my Pre? Or do I have to download it to a PC, then copy it via usb?
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    I couldn't download over air to pre and I can't figure out how to install it when I download it to desktop.
    Original quote from barrylee:
    Download the ChangeName and use it to change your HotSync ID.
    It worked.

mulliner.org/palm/changename.php
    I've downloaded change name, but where do you install it. I've installed, via usb to the drive and even tried directly in the classic apps folder, but nothing changes.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Original quote from barrylee:

I've downloaded change name, but where do you install it. I've installed, via usb to the drive and even tried directly in the classic apps folder, but nothing changes.
    Download the zip file, and extract its contents. You should connect the Pre as a USB drive, then copy changename.prc from the zip file to the ClassicApps directory from the root of the Pre. (If your Pre connected as drive E:, the directory would be E:\ClassicApps) Once it's copied, remove the USB connection and then launch Classic. In Classic, you'll need to switch to the Internal category of the launcher (at the top to the right of the clock), and you should see ChangeName as one of the icons.

If that doesn't work for you, I'm not sure what else to suggest. I may try to review the instructions when I get home, as I'm at work now and can't verify it completely.
    ChangeName did the trick for me. Once I did that, I fired up Warfare Inc., and was able to enter my password, and unlocked all my levels... Sweet. My son will be so happy (and I found my old Treo moved from where I left it this weekend, so I can tell he's playing with it.. ;-> ).
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Originally posted by FoxFireX:
    Download the zip file, and extract its contents. You should connect the Pre as a USB drive, then copy changename.prc from the zip file to the ClassicApps directory from the root of the Pre. (If your Pre connected as drive E:, the directory would be E:\ClassicApps) Once it's copied, remove the USB connection and then launch Classic. In Classic, you'll need to switch to the Internal category of the launcher (at the top to the right of the clock), and you should see ChangeName as one of the icons.

If that doesn't work for you, I'm not sure what else to suggest. I may try to review the instructions when I get home, as I'm at work now and can't verify it completely.
    Thank you FoxFireX, I was doing everything you mentioned in the post, but some how I wasn't getting to the internal memory. I did a soft reset and re-tried. It worked like a charm.