1.    #1  
    Here it is guys, right in their release notes for Classic v1.0:

Sound support
    Classic v1.0 does not support sound but Classic v1.1 will provide a full support for streaming audio.

Not sure if this means NO sound period or just no streaming audio. Either way, no sound, no Sling.

Can anyone with a Pre now confirm that Sling works? If not, guess will know tomorrow morning.

MotionApps indicated that it would work in their blog, too bad it seems they didn't deliver at launch.
    The good thing is if you buy 1.0, you'll get a free upgrade to 1.1
    But if the Palm OS Sling doesn't work, yeah, it stinks, but imagine how great it will be when there is a Sling player on Web OS.
    We already knew this...
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Yeah, but just another reason there should be an introductory price until they get some stuff figured out.
  5. cap
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    When we finally do get Slingplayer will it be limited like the iPhone version?
    That would really suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by cap View Post
    When we finally do get Slingplayer will it be limited like the iPhone version?
    That would really suck.
    I can't imagine it would be, I don't think Sprint has that much of a grip on Palm as AT&T currently does on apple. Besides, much like the iPhone, I'm sure if it did come out that way someone would make a hack to use it over the network...