Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RoboForm for Palm version 2.0.1 crashed Classic whenever I tried to open a passcard.

Version 1.9.0 works, but it requires HotSync, unlike version 2.0.1. I hope MotionApps tests the RoboForm conduit.
    ChessGenius 2.3 displays hideously wrong colors and frequently crashes Classic.
    Acid Solitaire still does not work consistently.

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by mthom99556 View Post
    Bible Reader (Olive Tree) doesn't work in Classics.
    I thought this was Classic approved. I'm still on my Treo and can't multitask to see
    Would it be possible to run Garmin Mobile XT thru Classic ? I figured since Garmin works pretty good for the treo, centro, and most other Palms using PalmOS, that maybe it would work from Classic. Has anyone tried it yet ?
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Acid Solitaire crashes (BSOD) regularly in Classic, but will normally work long enough to play a few games before it crashes. Sometimes it crashes on launch, though.. And LauncherX immediately does BSOD. MoonPhase immediately does BSOD.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Parens
    Caltrain
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    BART Quick Planner was the darling palm pilot application in the SF Bay Area. It does not run in classic.

This was the original PDA application embraced by BART. It's popularity spawned a similar useful schedule for Caltrain (also crashes in classic). BART discontinued the Quick Planner for the Palm OS in 2009 and nobody has created a version for WebOS, yet BART offers open format schedules so that developers (hint hint) can recreate this essential 3rd party tool to embed in the Pre (the real-time web schedule is nice, but not as dependable).
    BART - For Developers

Read survey results BART mobile applications:
    BART - Survey finds strong demand for BART mobile applications
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Agendus Premiere works with issues (despite Iambic claiming full compatibility). Sometimes when adding or editing an entry Classic will blue screen (gray screen in 2.0) randomly. Almost 100% of the time Classic will hang or gray screen after hotsync, claiming an error when processing ActNames.prc.
    Quote Originally Posted by mthom99556 View Post
    New to the forum. Hello everyone. Noah Pro, Bible +, Thesarus, T-Crisis, Bible Reader (Olive Tree), etc. doesn't work in Classics.
    Four of the apps on this list, Noah Pro, Thesaurus, T-Crisis, and Olive Tree BibleReader work just fine for me under Classic.
  11. OrR
    3D Mines displays a message "Couldn't switch to 8 bit screen mode :-("
    The Quest by Redshift works in the menu but crashes when trying to initialize the game world.
    Legacy by Redshift runs but displays everything small and doubled with wrong colors.
    Last edited by OrR; 10/13/2009 at 10:10 PM.
    Redshift Dragonfire and Legacy don't seem to work in Classic. Didn't try safe mode though. Pssh caused Classic to crash and the Pre to freeze.
    So far Tube2 loads OK, but falls over when I try to load a map ?

I may try a new version of the program or maps, just to check.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    CallRec installs OK, but can not 'see' an mp3 on the 'card', plus it thinks the mute button is constantly in silent mode.

Will not attempt to do a voice recording either, so it's a No No, not unsurprisingly
    Thought of the day :
    FreeJongg does not work - display unreadable
    CopyIt does not work
    World Clock works but the sounds are all messed up.
    TeaPot works but no sound
    WatchMaker also has no sound, display flickers and distorts at random times

Jim
    Tried 2 SIP clients. I used to use Articulation form Hamptonsoftware over Bluetooth on my 680. It crashes in Classic with an illegal instruction right at the start. I quickly tried mobilvoip. It terminates with a message "UDP socket could not be created"
    Would love a working SIP client now the Pre has WiFi. Anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    World Clock works but the sounds are all messed up.

Jim
    If you are talking about the Palm World Clock app, then it also has problem working out time zones. This is possibly something that Motion Apps need to sort out, as it's a fault with the way Classic talks to the Pre.

Also, Garmin MobileXT will not work.
    I want not expecting it to get a GPS fix, but hoped I could use it for tracking down postcodes and generally viewing maps.
    However it fails to install correctly, claiming the XTInstall file is missing, even thought I know it's present.
    Thought of the day :
    i got the quest to work on classic i had to remove the music.prc file and the thequest.prc file i modified to say thequest_320x320.prc and it works with very little crashing and of coarse theres no music
    MMplayer doesn't work at all. (Causes Classic to crash).
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbygbreeze View Post
    Would it be possible to run Garmin Mobile XT thru Classic ? I figured since Garmin works pretty good for the treo, centro, and most other Palms using PalmOS, that maybe it would work from Classic. Has anyone tried it yet ?
    I tried this, too, alongside Tomtom Navigator 6. I couldn't get Mobile XT started. Maybe because it's locked to SD card it's preinstalled on.
    Anyways, I think that wouldn't have helped much since Classic apps can't access neither Pre's GPS receiver, nor a Bluetooth GPS receiver from inside Classic.
    I experienced this with Tomtom which I did get running. See my post here: http://forums.precentral.net/officia...-tomtom-4.html
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast