Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    30 bucks? Ouch. I think Palm should have thrown this in for free.
    I could see maybe $15-20.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite View Post
    $30 is a bit steep for a limited app. They should charge $15 for version 1.0 for the early adopters and then charge $30 when the next release comes out (supposedly) a few weeks after.
    Why is it a "limited" app?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    same here... 30 is steep.

15 was a given, 20 was a 10 minute decision. 30 is not going to work for me.
    30 isn't bad considering you are getting the entire Palm OS with built-in apps. (Looks like it comes with pTunes and such)
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    same here... 30 is steep.

15 was a given, 20 was a 10 minute decision. 30 is not going to work for me.
    I agree. No iPhone app is $30. I don't think it will sell as many as it would if it was cheaper.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    I agree. No iPhone app is $30. I don't think it will sell as many as it would if it was cheaper.
    slingplayer is
    Quote Originally Posted by despo88 View Post
    slingplayer is
    What? That is rediculous. Sorry for my lack of knowledge there.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Costs less than I paid for styleTap Palm OS emulator
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    I would agree that Apple's App store has changed the game when it comes to app pricing. Developers that are truly excellent and create great products have to charge far less than they deserve because of hacks pricing their apps at $0.99.

I relate it to wedding photography. I'm a very serious photographer, but REFUSE to do weddings. Why? You want high-quality images? Guess what... you need to pay for it.

Programming is a skill. Some are good at it... some are not. Just look at what garbage fills the App Store.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Here's a thread to track FREE PalmOS apps that actually work on Pre.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...s-run-pre.html
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    just a heads up to everyone, it seems that you just have to input some numbers on the motionapps page to get past that page. it doesn't appear that they're passed on to the next page or anything like that..
    http://phwelo.mobi
    for any questions or to send a donation: phwelo@gmail.com
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Costs less than I paid for styleTap Palm OS emulator
    I agree, and I was really expecting to pay something close to what Style Tap was
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Why is it a "limited" app?
    No hotsync
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    What? That is rediculous. Sorry for my lack of knowledge there.
    It's worth every penny since I used it almost every day for the last 2 years.
    The jaw dropping when people realize I am actually live TV on my Treo is worth it.
    It cannot come out fast enough for Web OS or if the Palm OS version works with the emulator, I will buy ASAP.
    $30 is a bit steep, was expecting the pricing Darth thought. Motion can charge that because they're the only way to run thousands of Palm OS apps on the Pre right out of the gate, but still $30 is not going to translate into a ot of sales, only die hard Palm OS users are going to buy that. I can see Motion reducing the price, just like many iPhone developers have done when they realize that the majority of Pre owners will not spend that kind of $. I'll definitely get it, but if Motion wants to sell this they're going to have to reduce the price.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I thought $30 was reasonable too, though I guess I'm just used to the old Palm OS app pricing instead of the new iPhone app pricing. I live on my Treo, to the point where I thought I would have to keep carrying it around until there were finally equivalents for all the software I use. Classic makes me very happy, I won't hesitate to buy it.

There's no reason to think updates won't be free, so I don't think there's a need for an early adopter price. Okay, they won't be free indefinitely, but I'd be surprised to have to pay again for 6-8 months.
    It's an app (the emulator) WITH an entire OS (Palm OS). 30 bucks is cheap people.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    It's reasonable when you put it into context, this one app opens the door to thousands of apps already available. It's like Parallells for Palm webOS. Most of us on the forums will pay the $29 so we can use all the apps we've used for years, it's new Pre users that MotionApps is going to have to take into account (I think they will). The iPhone app pricing shows what people will and won't pay for, a lot of developers had to lower the price on their apps. Motion deserves credit and the $$ for creating this kind of app, but they will sell a lot more copies if the price was lower. Why only cater to existing Palm OS die hards who will probably be the only people to purchase it at that price? Like I said, I'll pay the $29, I want to run all my favorite apps. I know emulation applications aren't the same as buying a game, I just think the price isn't going to go over well for the masses, and they will most likely lower the price.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    $30 is a bit steep, was expecting the pricing Darth thought.
    It's just another opportunity to milk a few last bucks out of you for another chance to use Garnet.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    Motion can charge that because they're the only way to run thousands of Palm OS apps on the Pre right out of the gate, but still $30 is not going to translate into a ot of sales, only die hard Palm OS users are going to buy that.
    Who else would want to buy it? You think there's a big new market of potential Garnet users out in the community somewhere?
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    everyone cites that you're "getting a whole OS" but forgets that we'd rather not have to go through POS to get to palm apps...
    http://phwelo.mobi
    for any questions or to send a donation: phwelo@gmail.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast