1.    #1  
    How do you get an old app, like My Bible on the Pre? Or a program like balance log that has data on it? Also, are you able to use mp3 as a ringtone?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by rcyphermd View Post
    How do you get an old app, like My Bible on the Pre? Or a program like balance log that has data on it? Also, are you able to use mp3 as a ringtone?

Thanks!
    you have to use the classic emulator.

and yes you can select a mp3 for a ringtone.
    I've never heard of having a Bible on your smartphone. Interesting!
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    I've never heard of having a Bible on your smartphone. Interesting!
    yeah, iphone and winmo has it.
    And palm has had it for years predating both.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    why not just read the bible online via the browser or download a Word or PDF version and read it on DTG?
    nice idea Gekko, never thought of the pdf version before. I just use a program Bible Reader which at the time I got it was free.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    if you are creative, you can eliminate the need to port over 99% of old classic PalmOS apps. and you can do it for FREE and it will be PORTABLE and ACCESSIBLE anywhere from any device. look for Pre WebOS solutions first and don't feel the need to have to move over PalmOS apps. let go of the past.
    I fully expect to see a webos version not long after release. Classic or web versions could hold you over untin then. Google also has a widgit for igoogle that does a random passage a day.
  10.    #10  
    Yes the My Bible program from laridian for palm is great. My wife is a minister and had 6 versions of the Bible on her Palm Centro. It is real helpful for her preparing messages and classes to be able to compare versions. Hopefully they will have a pre app directly.

If I have a program that has data for years, will that all transfer with the emulator?
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Something like Bible should work quite nicely. Just setup a shortcut in the Launcher.
    also youversion, the people who make it for the iPhone, has a mobile site.

YouVersion Mobile
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Like you, I use Laridian's MyBible app and have about 6 bible versions along with numerous dictionaries and commentaries. I'm really hoping Laridian jumps on board to create/convert their apps for webOS but I do plan to purchase the Classic app by Motionapps to hopefully use what I'm rolling over from Palm OS. In the meantime, I found that Online Mobile Bible is a wonderful online Bible that can be used on the Pre's capable web.