1.    #1  
    I come to rely on pocket tunes for online radio live stream, not the pandora style, but real radios such as NPR local affiliate stations.

Is pocket tunrs available for the Pre? or if I run it in classic emulator, will it runs normally and can stream radio?

or if you have other suggestions?
    The radio stations in PocketTunes are just Shoutcast streams. I'd bet that you can just go to Shoutcast.com in the Pre's browser, find the stream you want, and tap on it, and it'll probably get passed along to the built-in media player.
  3.    #3  
    that would be great, will see.
    Did those stations come off of the Sprint TV app that has radio stations too? If so that is on the pre according to the reviews.
    yeah why not just stream them direct?
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    I have tried streaming direct shoutcast streams with my ipod touch and it does not seem to work. I hope the pre would be different. I also hope you will be able to use pockettunes in the classic emulator.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    pocket tunes does not work with classic
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    <pocket tunes does not work with classic>

Um, Pocket Tunes works well for me, ...had to turn the sound setting on, first.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post

Um, Pocket Tunes works well for me, ...had to turn the sound setting on, first.
    This is one of the things that is keeping me from getting this right now. So, you have this running in Classic and streaming from the internet? That would be great. I stream a couple local radio stations(not on Shoutcast) and it is pretty important that I can continue after getting the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyatbt View Post
    This is one of the things that is keeping me from getting this right now. So, you have this running in Classic and streaming from the internet? That would be great. I stream a couple local radio stations(not on Shoutcast) and it is pretty important that I can continue after getting the Pre.
    What format do these radio stations stream their audio? Streaming mp3 and shoutcast are supported by the PRe's media player and various homebrew apps right now. The biggest limitation right now is lack of wmp streaming, but I think you can find alternate streaming formats for most stations these days...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    The address that I use starts with RTSP
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I find that some stations play non-stop, while others only play for exactly 30 seconds, then stop. Why is this?

For a good list of streaming stations, search for "The Stream Center USA."
    If pocket tunes could work on the palm pre, classic mode or a native app, would it then be able to sync up to DRM files? so i could use my rhapsody? or would it still have to change the USB mode? ( and if so, would pocket tunes do that?)

Anyone know?