1.    #1  
    With the way the Pre renders web pages similar to a desktop, will we be able to access sites such as LogMeIn right out of the box, or is there other protocols that will require an app before being able to use sites such as this?

I know on my Treo 800w I had to install a cab file the first time I accessed the LogMeIn mobile site, but not sure if this will be the same on the Pre since the browser technology is different.

Any ideas?
    Log me in will not work unless they create an APP for it. It does not run nativley on browsers. You can use Log Me In on a Palm device using Blazer. they never bothered with the Palm OS . Got to hope they make one for the pre in a few months.
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    Actually there is a setting you can change so it uses HTML instead of ActiveX. It is a lot slower though and compatibility still varies based on the browser.
    Well that sucks...anyone else have any luck?
    Quote Originally Posted by webdave View Post
    Actually there is a setting you can change so it uses HTML instead of ActiveX. It is a lot slower though and compatibility still varies based on the browser.
    That worked on a beta unit I used... it however does not on my launch unit.

I am very frustrated by this...
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Where do you find the option to change to HTML instead of ActiveX?

I am coming from a Windows Mobile device and am disheartened that I will no longer be able to use LogMeIn. Hopefully an app will be developed soon.
    I would like logmein, but I dont think they will make an app for it. How well would it work without a stylus? I guess they have it on the iphone (i think), does anyone know how well it works on the iphone?
    Per the LMI forum post on 05/21/2009

I'm glad to see so much excitement about new devices. Unfortunately, I can't talk about future product development. I will make sure that development sees this thread, though. Is anyone else planning to get a Pre?

Andy Stefano
    Community Relationship Manager, LogMeIn Inc.
    Send em feedback, often & many times.

EDIT: link to LMI forum topic http://tinyurl.com/LMI-Pre
    I see pandas.
    done. Thanks for the link. I would love to see Logmein Ignition or Web access available on the Pre.
    Has anyone heard an update on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank.Strong View Post
    Has anyone heard an update on this?
    I have seen an update as soon as they came out for an iPhone app. They sent me an email broadcasting that they have an app for the iPhone. I sent them and email back asking if they had plans to make an app for WebOS. The following is their response.

Hello,

Thanks for your interest; currently, the only platform we support is the iPhone. However, please check our website frequently for information on new products! Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

Amanda
    Also, there are multiple threads on this and it probably wouldn't hurt if they were merged. Either way though.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    what could you possibly do on a tiny screen like iphone or pre using logmein. I know the iphone app is not cheap. I use logmein but cant really cant do much on my 10in netbooks let alone a tiny phone screen
    Quote Originally Posted by robertw477 View Post
    what could you possibly do on a tiny screen like iphone or pre using logmein. I know the iphone app is not cheap. I use logmein but cant really cant do much on my 10in netbooks let alone a tiny phone screen
    I used to use VNC on the my Palm Treo 755p all the time. You can do anything you would do on your normal computer. Sometimes I just have stuff I really need to do on my desktop at home.
    It's not a cheap way to go, but I'm using Classic Palm and RDM+. It works great, just like it did with my Palm 700W. Again, it's expensive, but a whole lot better then that VNC program out there I've tried. I wouldn't be surprised if Logmein works with Classic too.