Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    I need a strategy to get my Treo Memos to the Pre.

I'm on a Mac and have Mark/Space Missing Sync for Palm OS. This includes Memo sync. This gives me a copy of my Memos on the Mac.

How can I sync Pre Memos with my Mac?

Does PocketMirror sync Memos?

Has anyone heard what Mark/Space will come up with for Mac sync?

If no one has Mac Memo sync yet, I can always store them in a document file and sync that.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    1. delete all unnecessary memos.
    2. copy all other memos into MS Word Docs for DTG access.
    3. let go of the past and accept those things which you can not change.
    Memos on the Pre don't sync at all, so no, you won't be able to get them any way other than making them into a document.
    One possible route, depending on how Classic works...

1. Get the Classic trial or buy it.
    2. Copy the relevant pdb file for Memos into the right directory on your Pre.
    3. Open Classic and then Open Memos within Classic, and there they should be.
    4. Optionally, after that...and this could definitely suck depending on how many memos you have, you could copy each memo and paste them into a new memo in the Pre's native Memos app.

I kinda expect that I'll be using Classic as a crutch in this fashion as I slowly transition fully from my 755p onto the Pre...when I buy it...
    The one thing I haven't seen is if there a way to password protect memo's like in POS? I have a few on my Centro that as password protected and I was hoping to get the on the Pre somehow. Unless a program like Wallet (Acrylic - Wallet) is made.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    What's the max amount of text you can stuff into a Pre "sticky note" memo?
    I don't think there is a limit.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    One possible route, depending on how Classic works...

1. Get the Classic trial or buy it.
    2. Copy the relevant pdb file for Memos into the right directory on your Pre.
    3. Open Classic and then Open Memos within Classic, and there they should be.
    4. Optionally, after that...and this could definitely suck depending on how many memos you have, you could copy each memo and paste them into a new memo in the Pre's native Memos app.

I kinda expect that I'll be using Classic as a crutch in this fashion as I slowly transition fully from my 755p onto the Pre...when I buy it...
    Something tells me that Classic does NOT share a clipboard with webOS...
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite View Post
    Why did Palm dump memos? It's one of the primary 4 PIM functions.
    They didn't?
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite View Post
    Why did Palm dump memos? It's one of the primary 4 PIM functions.
    They are still there -- the sticky notes are Memos
    I thought those had smaller limitations. So they don't have a way to convert from PalmOS?
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I'm not going to manage my nearly 900 Memos in sticky note format! That's crazy... Someone will come up with a solution soon enough. This is another one that Palm really stuck it to serious Palm users with. I'm not going to argue this with anyone either. I have entered crazy amounts of data into Memos since my first Pilot 1000 and need a way to take that data with me. I will suffer without a PsMemo equivalent. I don't want to kludge my way by with Classic if I don't have to.
    I agree, the new memos is ridiculous! No categories makes me want to cry.
    I 2nd the need for password protection. I had my credit card #s stored on my Treo 650 in memos with password protection. There now exposed on the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by avrfreaks View Post
    I agree. A HUGE oversight on Palm's part. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Palm or a 3rd party will rectify this. I have over 600 Memos. As a temporary fix, I added the former Palm category name as a Prefix to all my Memos (i.e. ComputerMemo, HomeMemo, etc.) I can then do a "search" from within the Memo app for a particular category, and they will all come up.

Quote Originally Posted by horatio8 View Post
    I 2nd the need for password protection. I had my credit card #s stored on my Treo 650 in memos with password protection. There now exposed on the Pre.
    Ditto! I'm waiting for SplashID to release a Pre compatible version.
  16. tuz
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Yeah, I was thinking about starting a thread about how people are working around the memo problem. Google docs could be an option except you need a signal (so I can't check my nj transit train schedule while on a subway). I never really figured out how to sync DocsToGo on my Treo; I'd get files that transfered but didn't update each other. Does Pre's DocsToGo do this intuitively? Wait, does it sync at all (since msword docs, etc, aren't in any damn cloud!)???

ps. I don't have the pre yet since I'm in a non-sprint area and I don't think over-the-phone sales are avail yet
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by avrfreaks View Post
    Ditto. Having no categories or an option to change the view from "sticky notes" to a list is a real let down.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    there is a lack of categories in general across the board.
    why would such a critical feature be left out?
    also what is so hard about regular COPY and PASTE in new generation smart phones... seriously..
    I have figured out how to transfer/sync Memos from a Palm OS 5 device.

1) Do a sync with the Palm OS device with Desktop Manager. (Make sure all of the Memos appear in Desktop Manager).

2) Highlight all the Memos or Select All.

3) Export as TXT File.

4) Open the text file and copy paste everything into Gmail notes.

5) Sync the Pre and you should now have all the individual Memos as individual stickies in your Pre.
    I'm not going to manage my nearly 900 Memos in sticky note format! That's crazy... Someone will come up with a solution soon enough. This is another one that Palm really stuck it to serious Palm users with. I'm not going to argue this with anyone either. I have entered crazy amounts of data into Memos since my first Pilot 1000 and need a way to take that data with me.
    Ditto, that's about my number, and it's a total deal breaker. The rest the changes, some of which I like, and some of which are clearly dumb-downs, I can adjust too, but not my large number of categorized memos.

Surfing's note above is interesting. I need to read up on google notes. But I''d still lose categorization. 15 was always a tough limit. But 3 (colors?) is crazy.

Hope people keep this thread active. It's the number one gating factor for my pending purchase. Whatever comes up, it must be automated. I can't convert hundreds of valuable notes by hand.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast