Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    One word. Evernote. If you get your memos into Evernote you will never have to deal with this problem again no matter what platform you end up using.
    I like the idea of evernote but I have one question. Does the pre client sync the notes or does it require you to have access to the internet?
    I'm using evernote (Remember Everything. | Evernote Corporation). It has very nice web integration. You create a note on your pre, and instantly it's on the web site. From there you can copy/paste to whatever you like.

I'm going to leave all my old stuff in outlook and just copy/paste over to evernote when I need it.
    If you find a way to get PalmOS Memos into Evernote, please post.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    For those of you who have migrated your Notes/Memos to the Pre, how do you back them up? If you had to hard reset the Pre, how would you retain your data?
    Quote Originally Posted by tadnishida View Post
    I like the idea of evernote but I have one question. Does the pre client sync the notes or does it require you to have access to the internet?
    At this point it seems to require Internet access but I would imagine that eventually the Pre client will cache the notes.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MemoAddict View Post
    I got my Palm Treo notes into the MotionApp Classic program after 4 days of bugging MotionApps. Palm Pre support was useless. Now I have my notes with categories back, but it will cost me $30 for the program. The memos on Web OS is useless unless you have just minimal amount of notes.
    Hello: Thank you for sharing on motionapps classic and memos
    I followed the motion apps instructional outline, but still do not see the memos in classic. I got them to webOS but of course without categories.
    filez now shows 2 folders labeled internal: what gives?
    How did you get motion apps to help?
    When you got the memos in did you get the calendar data also?

I appreciate your help
    arthur thiel
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite View Post
    If you find a way to get PalmOS Memos into Evernote, please post.
    i second this request!
    artthiel,

Sorry for the late reply. Now that Web OS and Classic has been updated, I too are having problems. MotionApp's help website changes all the time and now following their directions, I get the blue screen. Unfortunately I bought the damn thing and now thinking it was a mistake. If my memos don't work, then I have no use for Pre.

Sorry I can't help much. Will post if I ever figure this out.
    I'm not a Pre owner, but it seems that you can perform a one-time transfer to Evernote if you sync your old PalmOS device once using Outlook (I use Palm Desktop, so this would be a minor hassle for me), and then follow these instructions:
    http://palmdoc.net/?p=1772
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I just got my Pre, so I am reviving this old thread ...

Has anyone used Echo's new Memo program? I am wondering if that is going to work like we want it to.
    Nicky
    I'm very happy with Chapura PocketMirror. With it, I have exactly the same functionality I had on my Treo, including bringing all of my old notes back on board.
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    One word. Evernote. If you get your memos into Evernote you will never have to deal with this problem again no matter what platform you end up using.
    Don't you need a signal to use Evernote? What happens when I need memos but have no signal, like a 3 hour flight? That's my biggest problem with all of the solutions offered so far. The cloud is great, until you can't reach it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ypwandrews View Post
    Don't you need a signal to use Evernote? What happens when I need memos but have no signal, like a 3 hour flight? That's my biggest problem with all of the solutions offered so far. The cloud is great, until you can't reach it.
    Yes, you need a signal for Evernote, and it's kind of a flakey app. I will say this, Evernote is a nice way to transfer text between devices quickly, and it makes a nice repository for storing notes. I use it on two laptops (one personal and one business), my iPod touch, and of course, my Pre.

However, I still like Chapura PocketMirror for notes on my Pre, and you can use PocketMirror offline. I also travel a lot on business, and I use PocketMirror on planes all the time.
    I used CardTXT to move my memos to the SD card (virtual SD actually, as I did it in Classic).
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I love Evernote, but that is a fair criticism. We need Google Gears for Evernote on WebOS. My solution is my laptop. Evernote does save to your HD on a PC.
    Still in search for a possibility to get my memos on the Pre by using my iMac! If anyone has a solution for Mac-User please write me!!!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123