Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I did a search and didn't find anything, so maybe someone out there knows (or nobody knows). How much will Classic cost, and will it be through the App Store or through MotionApps website? I saw the icon flick by briefly on several of the new PreCentral.net review videos, but never saw it launched (unless it's on a video I didn't watch yet).
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    I saw one mention of 20, but I can't find the review again ... too many of them out there already!
    I will be getting this program, and am also curious if anyone knows about the pricing?
    nobody knows but i think $19.99 is fair. but i'm not buying it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    nobody knows but i think $19.99 is fair. but i'm not buying it.
    $20 sounds a little low to me. I imagine that in addition to developing the software, they have to pay licensing.
    well there are no Garnet apps i need. i'm letting go of the past, moving forward, and not looking back.
    I was under the impression that Classic is a feature built into the Pre
    No it is not built in. I thought I saw $40.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    My prediction is $39. But like Eguy, I might have seen that price somewhere around here already.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Wow, that is kind of a rip then. Part of the sales pitch to Treo owners was the ability to run their existing programs. And extra $40 seems exorbitant, especially since it's not produced by Access.
    Quote Originally Posted by RenardRouge View Post
    I was under the impression that Classic is a feature built into the Pre
    Spoke with a Sprint rep two days ago ( I know that means nothing) and he insisted that the Sprint Pre includes a version of the "Classic" app. I pressed him on this and he didn't budge. We can only hope and will have our answer in less than two days.
    $20, i'll bite. $30, i'll consider it. More than that, and i'll just wait for the webOS ports of my medical apps.

BTW, quick google search turned up $30 as reported by PCmag, so take that for what it's worth.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2348185,00.asp
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Spoke with a Sprint rep two days ago ( I know that means nothing) and he insisted that the Sprint Pre includes a version of the "Classic" app. I pressed him on this and he didn't budge. We can only hope and will have our answer in less than two days.
    A 7 day trial is, yes.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    It's $20. David Pogue answers it in his 8th question/answer here...

pogue.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/06/04/questions-from-readers-about-the-palm-pre/

(sorry for not linking it; stupid board won't let me post links till I have 10 posts)
    I might pay $20 simply because I recently paid a little over $20 for Splashmoney n Splashshopper and want to get my moneys worth of use. I hope future apps are not going to be so pricey...I almost cried looking at how cheap the same apps were on iPhone!
    Just looked at the Motion Apps site. It says it is $29.99.
    Could be worse... Styletap is $50(!!!)

StyleTap Platform – Product Information
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Palm should pay THEM for doing what Palm couldn't/wouldn't. Its existence brings in a lot more customers that were sitting on the fence about this new and otherwise incompatible OS.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad View Post
    Palm should pay THEM for doing what Palm couldn't/wouldn't. Its existence brings in a lot more customers that were sitting on the fence about this new and otherwise incompatible OS.
    I personally disagree. I bet you'd be surprised by how few people end up buying Classic, besides those who need it for a very specific purpose such as Epocrates or things of the sort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    well there are no Garnet apps i need. i'm letting go of the past, moving forward, and not looking back.
    Right on, bro! Who cares about those old apps? Let them go!