1.    #1  
    If Palm wants the App Catalog to be a success then they may need to take a leaf out of Apple book and concentrate on developing phones with the same screen size.

I don't know how hard it is to re-code a game or application for a different screen size. One of the main benefits of Apple Ipod and Iphone strategy has been that they will not change the size of the screen.

Does this mean we will see new Palm but with the same 3.1" screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by no1smartphone View Post
    If Palm wants the App Catalog to be a success then they may need to take a leaf out of Apple book and concentrate on developing phones with the same screen size.

I don't know how hard it is to re-code a game or application for a different screen size. One of the main benefits of Apple Ipod and Iphone strategy has been that they will not change the size of the screen.

Does this mean we will see new Palm but with the same 3.1" screen?
    The biggest issue than screen size is the resolution. I'd have thought they'd want to keep the screen always the same resolution, but the Eos has been rumored to have a strange resolution screen. That being said, with everything being CSS, you can replace the style sheet and apps will automatically adjust to the smaller resolution. It's not a magic cure, there might be more scrolling or that sort of thing in the app, but it's much better than in the past on Garnet.
  3.    #3  
    But isn't the power of the Web/os and the Pre hardware only going to be released with an SDK and native apps.

As a developer if I was faced with Blackberry, Iphone O/s, Web/os, Symbian, Android and Windows - who do I chose other than the one with the most devices with the identical resolution - this is where Apple wins hands down.

Maybe Palm has something in the works to get around different screen resolutions?
    NAY!! this is an issue with cocoa development! ajax development allows the app to scale for differant phone screen sizes...which will only need slight optimizing for a much smaller or bigger screen. This is iPhones CRUTCH as to why they cant create a phone with a bigger screen, the apps are hard programmed.
    Mike (FOOmanJEW) Jaret-Schachter
    Running With Scissors
    Producer
    www.runningwithscissors.com
    www.twitter.com/mikejaret
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    It's called CSS.... Google it...
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato