Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Of course this can be done on the internet. Or with a third party app.
    However, the iphone has a robust translator that will translate full
    sentences or more. Now seeing photos of a very good translator on the new
    Android 2.0 (Doughnut?) on Engadget's web page today. Presents a question.
    Does the Pre have a translator? Probably many of you are asking wtf? Or not important. But a dozen people or more mentioned to me or asked about a translator like '' the iphone's". Maybe living in San Diego(wanted to go to D7 badly) has something to do with it. Perhaps this need is overblown? But it seems that Apple and Google gets it?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Duck View Post
    Of course this can be done on the internet. Or with a third party app.
    However, the iphone has a robust translator that will translate full
    sentences or more. Now seeing photos of a very good translator on the new
    Android 2.0 (Doughnut?) on Engadget's web page today. Presents a question.
    Does the Pre have a translator? Probably many of you are asking wtf? Or not important. But a dozen people or more mentioned to me or asked about a translator like '' the iphone's". Maybe living in San Diego(wanted to go to D7 badly) has something to do with it. Perhaps this need is overblown? But it seems that Apple and Google gets it?

The iPhone's is a thrid party app. no?
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Yes it is. But a very good one. However, the google one is part of the o.s..
    How would it work if you're overseas? with the iPhone, it's GSM, but with sprint, it would need to be a app that doesn't need data right, so trying google might be a moot point.

I'm interested in the translator ability, as i do encounter a lot of people who do not speak english (I'm in san diego), and do plan to visit asia next yr.