1.    #1  
    They've released it for (jailbreaked) iPhone and Android. Would expect it for Pre but am hoping it will be released very soon as I'll need it more than any another other app.

June Fabrics PDA Technology Group
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite View Post
    They've released it for (jailbreaked) iPhone and Android. Would expect it for Pre but am hoping it will be released very soon as I'll need it more than any another other app.

You have an EVDO card... why do you need PDANet?
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    I sent an email to support to ask. I'll update when/if they answer.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    You have an EVDO card... why do you need PDANet?
    For my work laptop. I don't for my Acer netbook. I use PDANet for my netbook via Treo. I use my netbook more than any PC I have now.
    Hi,

We will support pre after it come out, but we do not have a release date yet.

Thanks,
    June Fabrics PDA Software Support

Disclaimer: Our company issues no warranty and accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

-------- Original Message --------
    Subject: [251970]Support Request (others)
    Date: Tue, May 26, 2009 11:22 am
    To: support@junefabrics.com

I have owned PDA Net for the Palm OS in the past and loved it. I\'m going to be upgrading to a Palm Pre in a couple of weeks and wanted to know if there are any plans to develop for that platform?

Thank you!

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Van Gaasbeek View Post
    Disclaimer: [...] If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.
    hmm, hopefully posting that email doesn't get you in trouble, it really is quite great news
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for checking. Hopefully it comes out very soon afterwards. I obviously won't be able to tether to my netbook once my Treo is upgraded to Pre.
  8.    #8  
    The more I find out the limitations of the WebOS SDK, I wonder if PDANet will be able to port to Pre. Sounds like they won't have enough low level access to pull it off. Hope they can.

If anything, maybe PDANet for PalmOS under Classic will still work. If not, maybe JF can fix it to work under Classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite View Post
    The more I find out the limitations of the WebOS SDK, I wonder if PDANet will be able to port to Pre. Sounds like they won't have enough low level access to pull it off. Hope they can.

If anything, maybe PDANet for PalmOS under Classic will still work. If not, maybe JF can fix it to work under Classic.
    The problem with that approach is that PDA Net is closely tied to the particular phone you have. For example, the version for the centro won't work on a 755, and vice versa. So Classic would have to emulate multiple versions of the Treo / Central lineup, and report the specific version to PDA Net for it to work.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  10.    #10  
    I think I heard that the emulator emulates a Centro. So hopefully the Centro version of PDANet will run. Hokey, but if a native PDANet is not doable and this works, I'll take it.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Pdanet for Pre will determine my Pre buying decision.....
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    Pdanet for Pre will determine my Pre buying decision.....
    Same here - No PdaNet, No Pre.
  13.    #13  
    Unless June Fabrics gets access to the full SDK with low level access to things like the USB port or bluetooth, don't count on it soon.

BTW, in last post I was hoping that the PalmOS version might work under the Classic emulator but I don't think the emulator allows access to either the USB port or bluetooth.

Palm is going to kill themselves if they don't make the SDK wide open. I hope I misunderstand this but we may not see poweruser apps for Pre for a while. I'd be happy if someone told me I'm full of sheet about this.
    it'll probably have to wait until the pre is jailbroken. At that time I'm hoping for complete root access and ability to install android.
    android installation is not going to happen. it may be ported one day, but not a complete, full-functional build. probably goes to the loading screen and that's it.
    any updates?
    I thought I remember they were going to make it for the Pre but they had no timeframe of release. We just got to hang in there for now!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I had PDA net on my 755P- it worked great. June Fabrics, get it out soon! I will buy!
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I am working on something like PDAnet for the pre as we speak. the problem is that im not that experience when it comes to java or linux so i dont know why my apps not working. if you can help. pm me for the file or check it out in the Dev thread.
    Last edited by seekis; 07/06/2009 at 12:16 AM.
    I'm loving the iPhone tethering. Would be nice to see it on the Pre really soon. Like this Wednesday or something, sooner would be better.