1.    #1  
    Ever since I saw Intuit listed on the showcase apps leak, I've wondered how robust an app they are planning.

I'm a long-time quicken owner (sometimes quicken user) and I was all but ready to simply go with Mint.com and give up on the desktop software. There's some detail stuff better done in Quicken, but for 90% of stuff Mint is OK.

Enter Ultrasoft Money and a possible new Quicken app for Pre's cloud. Somehow I need seamless categorization, tracking of all expenditures/transfers, etc. and background syncing with up-to-date info on my phone and the ability to track cash transactions on the go. Could Intuit be solving this problem or do I need to wait for Mint.com to do a Pre app?

Time will tell?
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Ultrasoft Money has been my standard for years, but if Quicken integrates through the cloud on the Pre, I am all for switching.
    If Ultrasoft is planning anything for the new OS, I hope they announce it fast. I'd ultimately like to stay off of the Classic application as much as possible and use WebOS apps.
    Sprint Franken-Pre 2
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    I'm hoping that Intuit does not just give us a web based Quicken. I'm not interested in having my financial data on their servers.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    Enter Ultrasoft Money and a possible new Quicken app for Pre's cloud. Somehow I need seamless categorization, tracking of all expenditures/transfers, etc. and background syncing with up-to-date info on my phone and the ability to track cash transactions on the go. Could Intuit be solving this problem or do I need to wait for Mint.com to do a Pre app?
    The problem with Intuit is that they have a history of intentionally breaking Quicken functionality in order to force people to upgrade to the next version. I switched over to gnucash about five years ago and haven't looked back since. It does everything you need in personal finance software, including fetching online statements and stock quotes, etc.. And it's open source software, so you know it's not going to screw you like certain companies are known to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by roams11 View Post
    Ultrasoft Money has been my standard for years, but if Quicken integrates through the cloud on the Pre, I am all for switching.
    If Ultrasoft is planning anything for the new OS, I hope they announce it fast. I'd ultimately like to stay off of the Classic application as much as possible and use WebOS apps.
    I too have been with ultrasoft money for many years, but as they haven't updated any of their products in over a year, I doubt very much that they still do any development. Ultrasoft money is almost certainly a dead product going fowards. -sorry