Page 1 of 47 123456 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hopefully, this will qualify for a sticky, but after a search for "wishlist" I can't find the usual thread of suggested apps that we can then beg developers for. I'll start.

• Yahoo Greetings app with reminders tied to birthdays from Facebook and other contacts.
    • Content Aggregator app (think My Yahoo) designed for Pre screen size that presents TODAY type information (News, weather, sports, RSS feeds) in landscape mode for viewing during my commute.
    • Getting things Done app - goes along with my GTD Outlook add-in to help organize my life. Would solve issue of more robust tasks list.
    • Market summary app - push summary of certain indices stocks at predetermined time of day along with key economic reports (PPI, CPI, Unemployment) as they are released.
    • Linked In synergy - Pull photos from Linked In like Facebook for contacts
    • ThinkorSwim app - I'll be begging for this, since they have an iPhone app
    • Visual Voicemail app - I just can't stand going in the order received. Please free me from this agony.
    • Voice Recorder with Transcription - Either from voicemail file or voice memo sent to online/desktop voice recognition software. Helpful in my work
    • Flickr/Picassa app - uploading, categorization and forwarding. I'm sure Facebook app has this.
    • Audible.com app - using AudibleAir to stream daily news/magazines - connected to TODAY app
    • Bluetooth for everything app - Listen to turn-by-turn, news streams, internet radio, etc. on headset. Boy I'll need another headset charger
    • Morse code app - use the screen for morse code - OK, way too geeky, even for me, but would be cool to try.
    • Synergy Lockout/Locator app - log in and set device to display individual return instructions if lost. Better yet, use locater app to find exactly where it is.

OK that's enough for now. I'm sure some of these exist on iPhone or even in Pre. I know there are other great ideas out there. Hell, if there's something easy and the SDK is ever available, I can try to build something myself.
    yahoo fantasy sports
    slim210 likes this.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    an app to identify music and an app to scan bar codes for the value minded shopper. also a penny arcade app
    slim210 likes this.
    In addition to the partners we've seen already in that Engadget document, I really want a Netflix and a Hulu app.

Being able to watch the Instant Play movies from Netflix would be awesome! Same goes for Hulu of course!
    slim210 likes this.
    Agendus
    Kinoma
    Ultrasoft Money (or equivalent)
    XWeather
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Slacker radio. I love Pandora, but Slacker seems pretty dope for the week that I've been listening to it.
    Android has an app called ShopSaavy. You scan a barcode with the camera and it tells you the best prices the item is sold at online, and also at the closest stores to where you currently are.

Shopsavvy Android App Review - AndroidApps.com

I really want that on Pre.
    tethering app and a uTorrent app. utorrent app would be sick.
    Manny Nichols likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    Slacker radio. I love Pandora, but Slacker seems pretty dope for the week that I've been listening to it.
    +1 and in the same genre... i would LOVE to have a sirius/xm app.

also a package tracker, some sort of tivo app, simplify media, and netflix.
    Groupwise like the BB I need it for work.
    All I want is the whoopy coushin app so I can make juicy fart noises at hilarious times
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    Android has an app called ShopSaavy. You scan a barcode with the camera and it tells you the best prices the item is sold at online, and also at the closest stores to where you currently are.

Shopsavvy Android App Review - AndroidApps.com

I really want that on Pre.
    I emailed the developers asking if they have Pre plans and they said "Absolutely!!"
    a universal IM program
    visual or visible voicemail
    1. SSH client ala PSSH
    2. Splash suite, specifically SplashID and SplashMoney
    3. Universal IM client
    4. Sync to Zimbra
    Quote Originally Posted by tman9476 View Post
    All I want is the whoopy coushin app so I can make juicy fart noises at hilarious times
    You should check out the iPhone. That seems to be a popular genre over there.

Also, I think at least some of these things work just as well as websites. Do you really want to pay .99 just to have an app that does the same thing as a website? That also sounds suspiciously like iPhone territory.
    Good Twitter App
    RSS feeds app
    Yahoo App
    Finance app (like "mint" on the Iphone)
    Visual Voicemail
    Good games!
    weather app
    amazon store app
    yellowpages
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    You should check out the iPhone. That seems to be a popular genre over there.

Also, I think at least some of these things work just as well as websites. Do you really want to pay .99 just to have an app that does the same thing as a website? That also sounds suspiciously like iPhone territory.
    Not all apps cost money. But I definitely am a subscriber to the "Not everything needs an app, the browser would work fine" mentality.
    Proper IM client with support for MSN Messenger in addition to AIM and GTalk
    Bluetooth Tether app, or at least USB.
    SSH, I really want this!
    Remote Desktop client, although I know this is unlikely.
    VNC client, if RDC isn't possible.
    NetBeans. I can dream, right?
    A Word editor, although this seems to be coming. I hope it supports 2007 formats.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    Not all apps cost money. But I definitely am a subscriber to the "Not everything needs an app, the browser would work fine" mentality.
    There should be an app so you can find apps that cost .99 but are free if you just used a web based app
    I want a touch keyboard app that allows me to use my screen instead of slideout keyboard when i don't feel the need to use it.
Page 1 of 47 123456 11 ... LastLast