Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    A skycaddie type of app would be awesome! Have the location services already, just need to maps to each and every golf course : )
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    All I would like to see is a facebook app where you can comment and reply to peoples status, and I traded my bb 8330 for the pre... I miss my VIIGO!
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    1. KeyCaps
    2. Phone Call Recording App
    3. PDANet
    4. Hack for Center button light (have it light up for missed calls etc.)
    5. Speed dial app
    6. Golf GPS
    7. It'd be great to have a semi transparent Active Desktop type view of the wallpaper area. You could show upcoming appointments, weather, etc and it could sit beneath the cards.

An FTP app would be nice, but I think Sprint has common FTP ports disabled or crippled. I've used PDANet on other Sprint devices and have always had trouble getting files to transfer in their entirety when I tried to FTP from my computer (when getting my internet connection via PDANet).
    Last edited by jeeter; 06/27/2009 at 06:25 PM.
    My 2, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 Treo 600 Treo 700P *** Unmentionable *** Pre {rooted}
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Greetings.

Does any know if the Palm Pre can support Sype??

Let me know your thoughts

Thiaf1
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Pda Net
    ESPN
    Facebook
    online banking app
    craigslist
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton View Post
    I want a touch keyboard app that allows me to use my screen instead of slideout keyboard when i don't feel the need to use it.
    Oh please yes. And/or a contact list that works better than the current mess.

I'd also like an ebook reader, and a podcast catcher a la beyondpod or something.

Video recording.

And a hack that lets me turn the volume button into an up/down button for browsing the web, reading a book, etc.

and a pony
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaqdymun View Post
    I need Flash Player built in...COME ON.... That should have been built in! Verizon customers can send animated MMS with no problem! When I get an animated msg.... Nothing is moving....& I have to initiate the play button for the audio to start! That is so WHACK! When my husband receives these animated jokes on his VZN Dare.... It plays A moves as soon as you click onit...I need that in my life!

Funny thing is the pre plays animated Avatars! Got one on one of contacts that uses it for AIM...go figure!
    Please kill this with fire. The last thing in the world that I want is my mother and other various ignorant people spamming me with animated MMS, like they do with e-mail and links to various bull**** web pages. Oh look a dancing baby, oooh a slide show of psuedo-inspirational vistas, ah star wars kid, yeah Rick Rolled!!! Just because you can doesn't mean you should.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    What does KeyCaps mean? Do you mean Caps Lock - press the shift twice, or are you talking about some more advanced key mapping/shortcutting capability. The Pre already has speed dialing - example: I've set up K as the speed dial to call my wife.

For others - since Facebook is an online app there's already a bookmark in your browser, you can move that bookmark to your launcher so it opens just like any other app, ditto for any online banking sites (e.g. BoA). There is also already a craigslist app called mCraig by SplashData in the appstore.

Don't forget that Classic allows you to use thousands of those Palm apps that you loved.
    How about a battery saver app?

An app that let you create and enable/disable different battery saving profiles based on your own preferences?

It could, for example, be based on the different battery saving tips posted in this thread.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ving-tips.html
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Since this is a wishlist- full native java! Ohh and Fennec!
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nhavar View Post
    What does KeyCaps mean? Do you mean Caps Lock - press the shift twice, or are you talking about some more advanced key mapping/shortcutting capability. The Pre already has speed dialing - example: I've set up K as the speed dial to call my wife.

For others - since Facebook is an online app there's already a bookmark in your browser, you can move that bookmark to your launcher so it opens just like any other app, ditto for any online banking sites (e.g. BoA). There is also already a craigslist app called mCraig by SplashData in the appstore.

Don't forget that Classic allows you to use thousands of those Palm apps that you loved.
    KeyCaps was an app that was designed for PalmOS Treos. It basically made your hardware keyboard more usable. For example, if you wanted to access the symbol assigned to a particular hardware key, you just double click that key. If you wanted to capitalize a letter, you just hold that key down for a second or two. This software makes typing much more efficient.

As far as speed dial, I'm glad to hear about the keyboard shortcuts. I would prefer a page of speed dial entries like on the PalmOS Treos.
    My 2, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 Treo 600 Treo 700P *** Unmentionable *** Pre {rooted}
    Franklin Covey style task list (preferably by just adding a few functions to the existing task list)

Pocket Quicken (I've spoken to Landware twice about this. They say they "haven't decided yet" whether or not to do it. They were less than friendly about it the second time. Not cool.)

Camcorder

PDAnet

Make the calendar searchable

Documents To Go, or some other MS Office document writer/editor (Yes, I know it's in the works, but it's still on my wish list. I want it now. )

Something to embed an overview of today's calender events and tasks into the home screen, so you can see it at a glance, without having to open any apps. Treo did this. It's silly that Pre doesn't.
    I want games!:d
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Please! Allah! When is the camcorder coming!!!!!! Its annoying that you can't take vids with this sweet device.
    650700p755pPre
    Video Recorder App -- if it had the ability to crop video too, that would be nice.

Epocrates -- I am in the medical field and this is an incredibly useful tool. Word is, that it is in development.

Random Wallpaper -- something that changes your wall paper every 10, 15, 30 min to one of the images in your wallpaper folder. Just would add nice variety I think. If this isn't made, I will en devour to make it once the SDK comes out.

Facebook App -- mobile facebook is a pain to use

eBay App -- same as facebook, mobile eBay is a pain

RSS Reader -- mobile google is good, but it could be better

Timer/Stopwatch App -- I work in labs from time to time and a timer is always needed.
    sry, double post
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I like the Amazon.com app, and I see they added a Craigslist App. They need an app that tracks how many miles you run. I assume they can create this since the Pre has GPS capability.
    650700p755pPre
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Soft keyboard and PDA-net.
    Apps that I miss from my 800w:
    PocketInformant (I hear it is in the works)
    Pocket Quicken
    Docs to Go (I use it a lot and I need it ASAP)
    MagiCall (Call block/screening)
    OBDII Gauge (via bluetooth)

Didn't see it mentioned earlier, but speed dial also works from the on screen keypad by holdijg down the number
    Last edited by DryBear; 07/04/2009 at 02:40 PM.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Audible app
    Improved Youtube app
    iheartradio
    wunderRadio
    Trapster
Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast