Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3338394041424344454647 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    I would sure like to see a patch to lock the ringer volume. I'm always finding the volume turned down or off from inadvertantly pressing the volume down button!
    Would pay for an app the can remote control my Slingbox desktop UI.
    Would like to be able to increase the number of rings when a call comes in before going to voice mail. With the new Google Voice/Sprint integration, my phone doesn't start to ring until the caller has heard three rings. By the time I get my phone unlocked and accept the call, it's gone to voice mail.
    i'd like to see a huge wave of ported iphone apps for webos 2.0 since we now have a 1ghz processor and all. Especially an instant watching netflix application.
    Tennis score keeping App
    so I can track a whole game with serves, aces, faults for a complete score card.
    I hope there's a patch on the web menu wherein you can share an article via facebook or twitter.
    Will there be a baseball game? A basketball game? Or, a college basketball game for WebOS anytime soon?

I recently downloaded GameLoft's NFL 2010, a simply amazing handheld, 3D graphics football game. And also, Distinctive Development's Hockey Nations 2010, another rich,
    3D graphics, interactive, handheld game.
    I asked several developers on this community several months ago but still no one has tried. Thanks to All.
    Anyone making a model release app for photographers? This might actually be my killer app that pushes me to a iPad =(
    I would really like a simple to install calendar app to replace the one on the palm pixi plus), which functions similar to the previous calendar's on the treo's and centro phones. I am a court attorney and set a lot of untimed events to list cases I have for the day, and in month view could identitfy by the colour dots upcoming events and free days.
    The calendar on the pixi is practically usless for my purposes (but love all the other features on the phone). I have heard of the ubercalender but it sounds way too complicated for me to attempt to install.
    Does anyone know if such a app. is being comtemplated?
    NorManley
    UberCalendar is impressively easy to install, assuming you have Preware or webOS Quick Install.

If you think this is what you need, I'd strongly advise installing Preware and then installing the UberCalendar patch, as it's unlikely that anyone is going to reinvent the wheel for non-Preware/WOSQI users.
    Didn't press the post button twice but... Never mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by semprance View Post
    UberCalendar is impressively easy to install, assuming you have Preware or webOS Quick Install.

If you think this is what you need, I'd strongly advise installing Preware and then installing the UberCalendar patch, as it's unlikely that anyone is going to reinvent the wheel for non-Preware/WOSQI users.
    Thanks, did it and actually succeeded. Not precisely what I need, but I will have to adjust.
    NorManley
    I am looking for engineering applications:
    1. This one would be able to give dimensions to the screws, nut or bolt based on thread, and as additional benefit if added length will create din or ISO call outs for metric hardware.
    2. Based on ISO fit call outs will give tolerances for given dimensions.
  14.    #854  
    You gotta go homebrew for a voice recorder. That's plain ridiculous. I'm sitting here looking at my Centro 2 years after I bought a Pre and productivity-wise, the Centro is a better phone. Interface not as good, but beats the pre hands down on productivity. What a shame.
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    we missing a Dropbox app for WebOS
    Quote Originally Posted by akram116 View Post
    we missing a Dropbox app for WebOS
    What is a Dropbox?
    NorManley
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I'd like an app that tracks my winning percentage of scratch lottery tickets. I picture it like this: I click an add button, choose the dollar amount of the ticket I just bought ($1, $2, $5 or $10) and then enter if I won any cash off of it. Then the app calculates how much I've spent versus how much I've won (or lost, as the case may be) over a period of time.
    How about putting the wish list itself as an app, giving non-forum goers and people outside of PreCentral a chance to contribute? My idea of how it would work (maybe call it "Idea Farm"?):

People who want to submit phone app ideas can fill in some online mySQL form database or form directly on the paid phone app (i.e. right when they have the brilliant idea or thought of "I wish it could do ____"), and choose the idea category. The app then shows the ideas in a list and people download the paid app to access it.

Anyone can reply from within the app with the name of an application that accomplishes the request, as long as their reply links to the store with reviews of that app. People can vote up or down both the original app idea and the suggested app. Sorting of the list can be done by the votes...ideas getting a lot of votes without suggested apps getting a lot of votes show up higher on the list.

This way it simultaneously gives app developers an idea of how much people would want/like an app and also helps people find apps for what they want, even if they can't put a finger on what they want.
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleFart9 View Post
    How about putting the wish list itself as an app, giving non-forum goers and people outside of PreCentral a chance to contribute? My idea of how it would work (maybe call it "Idea Farm"?):

People who want to submit phone app ideas can fill in some online mySQL form database or form directly on the paid phone app (i.e. right when they have the brilliant idea or thought of "I wish it could do ____"), and choose the idea category. The app then shows the ideas in a list and people download the paid app to access it.

Anyone can reply from within the app with the name of an application that accomplishes the request, as long as their reply links to the store with reviews of that app. People can vote up or down both the original app idea and the suggested app. Sorting of the list can be done by the votes...ideas getting a lot of votes without suggested apps getting a lot of votes show up higher on the list.

This way it simultaneously gives app developers an idea of how much people would want/like an app and also helps people find apps for what they want, even if they can't put a finger on what they want.

This was done once. It was called "App Idea Box". It largely turned into a chat application and people would make 100's of suggestions that already existed or had been suggested before.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Http://www.digikatsoftware.com
    To me the original activecard was one of the best apps ever made for webos. Sadly it is gone, and I didn't car much for the newer version, I was sorry when i upgraded to the new one. It was like of knock off of android widgets or something.

I wish we could have an app with the functionality of the original active that worked with exhibition mode. And then if we could have a patch or maybe use mode switcher to make it stick without being on touchstone that would be outstanding.