Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 323738394041424344454647 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    ePocrates!

Too bad they are stopping service for Pre in February....
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Coming from the iPhone to the Pre Plus, I really miss:
    - Chase Bank
    - Kindle
    - Netflix
    Last edited by gspohr; 12/21/2010 at 01:26 AM.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I need a lock screen app. My power button quit working, which means I can't turn my screen off. That means when I put my phone in my pocket, the screen is active and I **** dial folks all the time. This seems like it would be a really easy app. I just want an icon I can put in my trap and push it to lock the screen.

Thanks,
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I would like to see an app for off road enthusiasts. I drive a Jeep and sometimes I just want to get off the beaten path!!! There are a lot of trails everywhere but sometimes I don't know if I can drive that trail or if it is private property. There are also ORV parks where you pay a fee to get in. I envision a GPS based application where a user can store a location of a trail entrance and provide details about the difficulty, length of trail, what type of vehicles (SUV's, 4-wheeler, dirtbikes) are allowed.There are a few websites out there that do have a database of ORV parks but I do not think there is a "one site fits all" database out there.
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Words With Friends! Here is a topic in their Fan page where we can request that they start a port! I suggest you post to that thread if you're interested!

Palm webOS | Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by bwbishop View Post
    I need a lock screen app. My power button quit working, which means I can't turn my screen off. That means when I put my phone in my pocket, the screen is active and I **** dial folks all the time. This seems like it would be a really easy app. I just want an icon I can put in my trap and push it to lock the screen.

Thanks,
    well you are going to need preware or webos quick install for this one. The app is called sreen off on the applications list on preware. Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by bwbishop View Post

Thanks,
    There are quite a few threads on here that will tell you how to fix the power button. I had to do it to mine.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by gspohr View Post
    Coming from the iPhone to the Pre Plus, I really miss:
    - Chase Bank
    - Kindle
    - Netflix
    pReader let's you read Kindle and Barnes & Noble books. You just have to use their old desktop readers and them you can move them to your phone. I also let's you download direct from MobiPocket, Harlequin, and eReader.
    Would love to see a Sirius XM app for web OS, anyone know if one is in the works?
    regarding pre and pre+:

is there a way to have 1) the addressee text entry field for messaging, or 2) univeral search field or 3) any of the text-based fields to appear on the BOTTOM of the screen, so that the typed characters are more visbible within the users field of vision as the user types...as compared to a pre user having to glance upward (away from keyboard) while typing on pre keyboard?

Text field at top of screen = typed characters are several inches away from pre user's direct field of vision when typing on the physical keypad.

text field at bottom of screen = typed characters are easily visible within users field of visions as the user types with pre keypad.

this thought occurred to me last night as i tried the virtual keyboard and realized how cool it was that the typed characters were in my field of vision as i typed on the VKB.

thanks in advance..or please redirect me if this has been done already ?
    Anyone using the GTD style online todo list called Nirvana? (nirvanahq.com).

Would love to see their client app on WebOS. They have a brower based version that works on WebOs browser but a real client would be sweet.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Port of Kingdoms of camelot for facebook.. Please!
    all of these.

WiFi Tools for Android
    Yea...I called it a P.A.D.D...

Any chance anyone could make a LCAR interface for the Palm Tablet? I know there is one for the IPhone,but I really want to stick with Palm and WebOS. I already have a Palm Pre. Any thoughts or suggestions would be awesome.

Thanks
    Whatsapp
    PingChat
    I would pay some decent money for a Google SketchUp viewer - especially once the Pre 3 and TouchPad are released. I imagine it is a small market of interested people, but it would be really awesome to be able to present models without taking a computer everywhere.

I think even the iPhone and iPad really only have one option: Cubits for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Why on earth can't we do voice recording? I figured this would be fixed by palm a year ago. I want a good voice recorder app with bookmarks for playback.
    I'm sure nobody looks at this much, but has anyone thought of porting DarkNova? This is an iPhone/Android App based on THE BEST PalmOS game, SpaceTrader. I've been thinking about trying to port it myself, but seeing as I don't have much experience, I think this will prove a little out of my league. It is open source and you can get the iPhone source here. If anyone chooses to pick this one up, shoot me a DM, I'd LOVE to beta test it!

-Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by wannasurf View Post
    Why on earth can't we do voice recording? I figured this would be fixed by palm a year ago. I want a good voice recorder app with bookmarks for playback.
    look at the homebrew app 'zcorder'