Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Limewire App would be pretty awesome, even if limited to just music dl's.
    Quote Originally Posted by xfbo View Post
    Limewire App would be pretty awesome, even if limited to just music dl's.
    You should check out Music Wave Lite.

It let's you download 100 songs for free before it forces you to buy the Pro version, which is $7.50 I believe.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    How about an app to use the pre as a remote to control Powepoint Presentations via bluetooth? (like iClickr: i-Clickr PowerPoint Remote ).

I have to go buy a separate remote for this today, and I feel like a sucker bc I know my phone should be able to do this...
    Are the OS's so different between the IPhone & the Pre? Is it not possible to get an IPhone emulator app for the Pre - so we can use all those great IPhone apps? Am I way off base here, or is this possible - something like CLassic that emulates Palm OS on the Pre to use all the IPhone apps! I'm looking for ISiddur for the pre!
    I really don't like thumbing and searching the keyboard for texting. I can generate Morse code at a reasonable speed, however.

In the first post, there was a mention of a Morse code app, and although that has happened, I think it's exactly backwards of what it should be. Who needs an app that goes from typed text to Morse code, either dots/dashes or screen flashes?

A really useful Morse code app would generate text for messaging or email from tapping on the touchscreen with either audible or haptic feedback. The display would show large dit and dah keys, and maybe a few others for punctuation, e.g. @, comma, period, and finally a Send/Carriage Rtn key.

Does this exist yet?
    Also it is not necesary to look at anything while generating Morse code with one or two fingers.
    coming from windows mobile, I had an app that allowed me to route my phone's audio to my motorola bluetooth headset- so I can listen to podcasts at work through one ear- without purchasing an expensive mono A2DP headset.

is there anyway or app out there that can do that for webOS on my pre plus?
    My quick list. Many more things to be added.

WebOs Updates/ Patches/Apps

1. Calender -
    Colors on Monthly view and quickview for the next couple events would be great. Should be able to make new Categories with different colors like on a Treo's.

2. Contacts -
    Categorize Contacts into Groups, Friends, business, Facebook, Emails.

3. Volume 11 -
    Need more volume on speacker phone.

4. Guest/Dual User -
    2 different passwords, 1 for me, 1 for anyone else.. Just like a computer has. with shared folders maybe too. $30 app forsure. (probably a lot to ask for, Maybe in a couple years)

5. Ebay App

6. Kijiji App

7. Craigslist App

8. Bubbles -
    Like on the Treo (bust a move some people might call it).

9. MLS -
    not sure what USA uses for real estate but Canada uses this.

10. Screen Disable -
    When I'm on a call my screen flickers, I can't stand it, Just make it so i can disable touch while on a call. To enable again a side swipe across the screen or something but i want my screen on at all times.

11. Lottery Numbers app
    Just what it says

12. Charging Screen -
    At night it's so bright it lights up my room, I put the phone under a shirt so i can't see it. Options to turn it on and off please

13. Email Sounds -
    This should of been there long time ago, I need different sounds for everything.

14. Treo Sync -
    For some reason i can't sync Treo 680 to my Pre through bluetooth, Would like to send files back and forth since I use both phones within my family.

15. Apps Catalog -
    Paid apps in Canada, (hopefully in 1.4)

16. Text Message Count -
    There'ss probably a patch or something but this should be right in the WebOS,

17. Visual Voicemail

18. Voice Recorder/Call Recorder

19. Voice Dial

20. Vibrate options -
    I want different types of Vibrates, Different ones for email, SMS, Phones calls, I love options
    I miss so many things when I'm in a loud area. I want Pulse, Long Burst, Continuous, and so on

21. Main Screen
    Should be able to use the main screen for some stuff other then wallpapers, I should be able to put the weather, next appointments in calender, Last phone call or whatever on it, Would only be able to view it when you have no cards open though i would think

22. Touch keyboard -
    Yes there are patches for this but i want a real one from Palm in WebOS, Most people don't use that preware stuff

23. Alarm Clock
    I love pressing that Snooze button cause my job sucks and I need a bigger Snooze, and don't put it right beside Dismiss button I hate my job but i don't want to turn it off and fall back asleep by accident. Then i wouldn't be able to pay for all these new apps. Treo Alarm for 680 had a big button and i want another one just like it.

24. Treo Apps -
    Sorry but I'm not a fan of classic, I Should be able to put shortcut icons to my fav applications in Classic,

That is all for now..

Greg
    Last edited by mairboy; 02/16/2010 at 07:43 PM.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Ok, I've gone over some of this before but I'll throw it out again:

1.) Call Recorder. At the most basic level, record my phone calls. Add features if you like: I'll probably love them. But at the most basic level let me record my phone calls.
    2.) XM/Sirius app. I didn't even realize Music Dock and some of the other web-based work-arounds didn't work with my Pre until recently.
    3.) Most important: a native WebOS checkbook program that will sync with a desktop personal finance program (Microsoft Money, Quicken, etc.). Here's the truth, folks: this probably won't be a cheap app with the sync requirement. Ultrasoft Money for Palm wasn't cheap, either, if you'll remember. But it's worth it, IMO.

If you're interested in that last, get the new App Idea Box in the App Catalog and give some attention to the "Synchronizing Checkbook" idea. Only has 2 likes so far, and that isn't going to get developer's attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by mairboy View Post

1. Calender -
    Colors on Monthly view and quickview for the next couple events would be great. Should be able to make new Categories with different colors like on a Treo's.

2. Contacts -

3. Volume 11 -

4. Guest/Dual User -
    2 different passwords, 1 for me, 1 for anyone else.. Just like a computer has. with shared folders maybe too. $30 app forsure. (probably a lot to ask for, Maybe in a couple years)

5. Ebay App

6. Kijiji App

7. Craigslist App

8. Bubbles -

9. MLS -

10. Screen Disable -
    When I'm on a call my screen flickers, I can't stand it, Just make it so i can disable touch while on a call. To enable again a side swipe across the screen or something but i want my screen on at all times.

11. Lottery Numbers app
    Just what it says

12. Charging Screen -
    At night it's so bright it lights up my room, I put the phone under a shirt so i can't see it. Options to turn it on and off please

13. Email Sounds -
    This should of been there long time ago, I need different sounds for everything.

14. Treo Sync -
    For some reason i can't sync Treo 680 to my Pre through bluetooth, Would like to send files back and forth since I use both phones within my family.

15. Apps Catalog -

16. Text Message Count -

17. Visual Voicemail

19. Voice Dial

20. Vibrate options -
    I want different types of Vibrates, Different ones for email, SMS, Phones calls, I love options
    I miss so many things when I'm in a loud area. I want Pulse, Long Burst, Continuous, and so on

21. Main Screen
    Should be able to use the main screen for some stuff other then wallpapers, I should be able to put the weather, next appointments in calender, Last phone call or whatever on it, Would only be able to view it when you have no cards open though i would think

22. Touch keyboard -
    Yes there are patches for this but i want a real one from Palm in WebOS, Most people don't use that preware stuff

23. Alarm Clock
    I love pressing that Snooze button cause my job sucks and I need a bigger Snooze, and don't put it right beside Dismiss button I hate my job but i don't want to turn it off and fall back asleep by accident. Then i wouldn't be able to pay for all these new apps. Treo Alarm for 680 had a big button and i want another one just like it.

24. Treo Apps -
    Sorry but I'm not a fan of classic, I Should be able to put shortcut icons to my fav applications in Classic,

That is all for now..

Greg
    A few things, Craiglist already has an app. The widgets your talking about for the main screen should be added but there is an app that you can leave open for that. I forget what its called, maybe someone can help me out with that. Also, I definatly agree with the improvments for the calander, contacts, notification settings, ect..
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    Also, I have to stress the importance of a reliable way to watch TV on my Pre. I have a job that keeps me pinned down in a dispatch center for 12 hours at a time. Security protocols prevent things like internet and TV on the slow days. Will the upcoming flash plugin run Hulu shows from the browser? If not, then a Hulu app should be a priority!!!
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    Quote Originally Posted by mairboy View Post

1. Calender -

2. Contacts -

3. Volume 11 -

4. Guest/Dual User -

5. Ebay App

6. Kijiji App

7. Craigslist App

8. Bubbles -

9. MLS -

10. Screen Disable -

11. Lottery Numbers app
    Just what it says

12. Charging Screen -

13. Email Sounds -

14. Treo Sync -

15. Apps Catalog -

16. Text Message Count -

17. Visual Voicemail

19. Voice Dial

20. Vibrate options -

21. Main Screen

22. Touch keyboard -

23. Alarm Clock

24. Treo Apps -

That is all for now..

Greg
    WOW, that charging screen (when on touchstone) is so very annoying!!! sometimes I will just plug the thing up because it is so bright!! Good call!
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    Hopefully, this will qualify for a sticky, but after a search for "wishlist" I can't find the usual thread of suggested apps that we can then beg developers for. I'll start.

• Yahoo Greetings app with reminders tied to birthdays from Facebook and other contacts.
    • Content Aggregator app (think My Yahoo) designed for Pre screen size that presents TODAY type information (News, weather, sports, RSS feeds) in landscape mode for viewing during my commute.
    • Getting things Done app - goes along with my GTD Outlook add-in to help organize my life. Would solve issue of more robust tasks list.
    • Market summary app - push summary of certain indices stocks at predetermined time of day along with key economic reports (PPI, CPI, Unemployment) as they are released.
    • Linked In synergy - Pull photos from Linked In like Facebook for contacts
    • ThinkorSwim app - I'll be begging for this, since they have an iPhone app
    • Visual Voicemail app - I just can't stand going in the order received. Please free me from this agony.
    • Voice Recorder with Transcription - Either from voicemail file or voice memo sent to online/desktop voice recognition software. Helpful in my work
    • Flickr/Picassa app - uploading, categorization and forwarding. I'm sure Facebook app has this.
    • Audible.com app - using AudibleAir to stream daily news/magazines - connected to TODAY app
    • Bluetooth for everything app - Listen to turn-by-turn, news streams, internet radio, etc. on headset. Boy I'll need another headset charger
    • Morse code app - use the screen for morse code - OK, way too geeky, even for me, but would be cool to try.
    • Synergy Lockout/Locator app - log in and set device to display individual return instructions if lost. Better yet, use locater app to find exactly where it is.

OK that's enough for now. I'm sure some of these exist on iPhone or even in Pre. I know there are other great ideas out there. Hell, if there's something easy and the SDK is ever available, I can try to build something myself.
    Summary: ShortCut5 is a PalmOS 5.x preference panel which supports large (up to 4096 characters in size) shortcut definitions. The system shortcuts only supports small (about 45 characters in size) shortcut definitions. ShortCut5 shortcuts are in addition to the system shortcuts.

It was great for making shortcuts to danish letters, etc., far better than the one there is now....
    How about it ??
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by metzia View Post
    Are the OS's so different between the IPhone & the Pre? Is it not possible to get an IPhone emulator app for the Pre - so we can use all those great IPhone apps? Am I way off base here, or is this possible - something like CLassic that emulates Palm OS on the Pre to use all the IPhone apps! I'm looking for ISiddur for the pre!
    they are completely different. Emulating a modern OS is almost impossible, so you have to go for reimplementing the api, but thats tricky enough too (look at what hard a time the Wine people have Wine (software) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).

simply put, forget about the idea, it doesn't work.

see
    Emulator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

for emulation.
    Looking for a universal remote control application for palm pre plus.Anyone?(ie:tv,stereo, dvd player, etc.)
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoove09 View Post
    A few things, Craiglist already has an app. The widgets your talking about for the main screen should be added but there is an app that you can leave open for that. I forget what its called, maybe someone can help me out with that. Also, I definatly agree with the improvments for the calander, contacts, notification settings, ect..
    Thanks. In Canada we still have beta catalogue so no craigslist yet up here hopefully really soon.. I did actually hear a couple days ago that there was an app for home screens, but I like things in corperated right into webOS apps can never do as good as something built by palm. I wish every app was made by palm. 90% of the apps out riight now are just stupid. Lol. 2 years webOS will be really good.
    Last edited by mairboy; 02/20/2010 at 12:21 PM.
    Yes it's been said already, but an "universal IM" client, or full MSN support.

Also, I am waiting for a tethering app... it's the last item I need to make my phone do all the things I need. I know it's coming soon, just cannot wait to get my hands on it!

~ t.
    Is there an app like Wunder radio for the Pre? If not it would be great to have one to get local radio.
    an app like "shortcut5" from the PalmOS days. The best app skort cuts to whatever: special characters, words sentences etc. The one we have now is *so* clumsy bordering to unusable
    Quote Originally Posted by karstenskov View Post
    Getting things Done app - goes along with my GTD Outlook add-in to help organize my life. Would solve issue of more robust tasks list.
    One option for GTD is Outline Tracker. It doesn't sync with Outlook, but does sync with Basecamp from 37signals:
    http://outlinetracker.com