Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    how about an app that performs a reverse lookup of unknown phone numbers that call?
    Quote Originally Posted by JillyJilly View Post
    tons more games (onesthat arent basic and boring looking) (ones that actually require some skill)
    Hah... I bet you your life that you don't have the required skill to beat Tilt Origami.
    Ballistic Calculator
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Trust me, you're gonna love this.....
    squareup.com
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    would love to have a comparable App to allow users to schedule recordings on their ATT UVERSE DVRs. there is one for the iPhone and it works quite well, I'd use it all the time on the Pre as i did on the iphone when i'd forget to schedule the game or show for recording when out.

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    SIR, but I think this is a new idea:

GPS-based WiFi power on/off. If you take your phone home and you're within your home network, the WiFi automatically turns on. If you're making a long drive and the GPS senses that you're no longer within a "known WiFi" zone, it automatically turns the WiFi off. When you enter a "known WiFi" zone, it turns on.

You of course have the option of manually turning on/off your WiFi to discover new WiFi zones, but I think this would be a useful power management tool.

Thoughts?
    Need more functions in the camera area. it takes nice pics, but needs customization.

I also need a camcorder function.
    Quote Originally Posted by sfang001 View Post
    SIR, but I think this is a new idea:

GPS-based WiFi power on/off. If you take your phone home and you're within your home network, the WiFi automatically turns on. If you're making a long drive and the GPS senses that you're no longer within a "known WiFi" zone, it automatically turns the WiFi off. When you enter a "known WiFi" zone, it turns on.

You of course have the option of manually turning on/off your WiFi to discover new WiFi zones, but I think this would be a useful power management tool.

Thoughts?
    Awesome idea!!

I do see a few problems with it, however. You'd have to setup a perimeter, somehow. Prolly wouldn't be so difficult if you just set it up with x radius away from the exact coordinates of the router. But the major problem with all this is that GPS would need to be on all the time, and it uses FAR MORE power than wifi.

If you're gonna do all that trouble of getting GPS to turn on for a few seconds... you might as well just turn wifi on for a few seconds instead.
    Would love a program that would let me read my Filemaker databases (that have been, at various times, ported through Filemaker Mobile and JFile). Or even an app that would cleanly read some exported output of said databases.
    I have an app request that would be invaluable to me as I travel a lot and do many presentations....my macbook remote infrared does not always reach the eye and the notebook is facing the other way in many cases or behind a podium. if someone could build a powerpoint remote that would slide forward, and slide backward, click to play (animations) volume up and down. Not sure of any other buttons to add but those would get the job done! Thanks all, this is a great forum!
    E*Trade Power Pro

It already exists for iphone- linky
    Current: Pre
    SERO plan 500

Former: 800w, 755p, 700p, 650p
    what are the chances that app will be available on PRE, not iPhone. doesn't do me much good on the iPhone.
    WebOS already has a strong "card" metaphor. Each app is a stack of cards... you click on things to bring up more detailed cards, you swipe back to return to the prior card. The various apps are different stacks of cards that you can move between.

I think a killer app would be someone who resurrected Apple's HyperCard for the Mac as a 4GL for WebOS, making it super easy to create new applications in the form of a stack of cards. You could easily use the HyperCard metaphor to create apps that perfectly matched the WebOS UI look and feel. It would be fantastic.

Palm needs to hire Bill Atkinson!
    Palm Pilot > Palm Vx > Treo 600 > Treo 700p > Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Stradale View Post
    Palm needs to hire Bill Atkinson!

Hey... I think Bill works for Numenta... which is owned by Palm founder Jeff Hawkins...

Jeff could loan Bill to himself (Palm), right!!
    Palm Pilot > Palm Vx > Treo 600 > Treo 700p > Pre
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    1. Caller ID Spoof ( Now available for Android Phones)Not yet for WebOS

2. An app that can play .avi, .mpeg, wmv email attachments.

If these are already available let me know....
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxdrunkie View Post
    I would like to see a remote app, but I dont want one that I have to buy for every different piece of software, one app that can control media center, VLC, Itunes, hulu, netflix.

I have a htpc and would like to just pause, stop, and play what I am watching.

VLC app allows me to do this for one thing.

I would definitely like to see VLC itself on the Pre.

it has already been ported to Linux, so we have a decent head start IMO.

cant post link yet, sorry.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    A phone app with a rotary dial.

Heck the young'ns probably don't even know why one "dials a number".

ian
    A way to display upcoming calendar events on the home screen. This is the thing I miss most from my Windows Mobile Tro 750.
    Quote Originally Posted by JillyJilly View Post
    I don't think its really an app but i wish there was some way to make new pages FOR your apps rather than only 3 and having to scroll down thru them. a la iphone
    i stopped searching for apps from those launch pages. now i exclusively type the first few letters of the app name and have it appear in front of me using universal search.

though i agree that more pages would allow you to organize apps better.
    I miss the sleep timer on my old Pocket Tunes. I could set it to play music ans then turn itself off after x minutes and fall asleep to it. None of the Pre music or pod apps do that. I used to love tio fall asleep to music using my Pre.

Whoever adds a sleep timer first, whether Music Remix or Pandora or Accuradio or some other - that will immediately become my favorite music player!

Can someone add this feature? Please ......