Yahoo fantasy sports
    Mlb at bat
    Slacker Radio
    Real time stock quotes
    Flash light
    PacMan
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    I want high quality apps that cost around $10. I'd really like to see developers avoid the iPhone $0.99 apps.

My wishlist:
    SugarCRM connector
    Ultrasoft Money
    eWallet

Don't get me wrong, they have their place... but honestly, how many $0.99 apps are REALLY used on a daily basis? I think it's USUALLY an indication in a lack of quality. (Although there are some impressive cheap apps, it's not the norm.)
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    I emailed the developers asking if they have Pre plans and they said "Absolutely!!"
    Hells yes!

How about an xbox live app?
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    Slacker radio. I love Pandora, but Slacker seems pretty dope for the week that I've been listening to it.
    I've been using slacker for awhile now on my ipod touch. I love the new updated features: Lyrics for every song, and the sneak peek at the next track before listening... That would be too DOPE on the Pre!
    Yea...a good weather app that shows animated radar and all that. I live in Florida, so got to be able to track those 'canes!
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Yea...a good weather app that shows animated radar and all that. I live in Florida, so got to be able to track those 'canes!
    +1....and if the weather and radar could tie into the gps that would be nice. I travel a lot and hate having to type in a new location.
    Here's my wishlist:

Plaxo for Pre
    MS Messenger (or compatible)
    Sudoku
    A very strong and capable investment calculator
    Program that will allow me to search the local MLS
    Any capable torrent program - movies when traveling!
    Hulu
    Sling
    Bible program with New Living Translation
    Slingplayer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    palm m103 > palm m130 > palm TlX > 755p > PRE (FINALLY!!!!)
    Google Voice dialer
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I use Skype for most of my communication... It is a MUST HAVE...
    skype and hulu also bar code scanner and ssh client is a must have
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    The one I need the most is Audible. eReader would be nice as well.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    Definitely Agendus. A really good calendar app with a nice UI is really want I want
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Got to have an ebook reader - either eReader or Mobipocket or something new (Stanza?).

And a real calculator with RPN. I contacted Nth labs who wrote the best one for PalmOS - he sounded encouraging but non-committal.
    Forced SSL connection to all supported websites. dunno if thats possible, but it would be dope
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Manny where in FL? I'm down south...
  18.    #38  
    Adding the following to my list after seeing suggestions and looking on my Centro.

• Agendus or someone needs a more robust calendar app.
    • Mint.com app, Ultrasoft Money or maybe the Intuit app will solve this for me if they add synergy and they don't nickel and dime me to death with upgrades.
    • ShopSavvy
    • Amazon app. There prices are good enough that shopping around usually isn't worth it now that I have Prime and free shipping.
    • eWallet or comparable.
    • Bible with mulitple translations
    • LogmeIn or similar

On my palm, I also make good use of:

• Simple, but robust timer app with count up, down, stopwatch and a few alarms
    • PowerOne financial calculator
    • Exercise tracker with exercises, reps, sets, weight and progress tracking

BTW, most of the stuff I saw on the iPhone app store was JUNK. We have to have a better way to sift through the useless crap to find something that actually improves our lives. Also, I'm a proponent of web vs. app in most cases, but in some the presentation on the web is for those with much better eyesight than me. In those cases, simipified data queries are much better (e.g. stocks, sports scores, weather). Remember the Palm VII. I actually liked the idea back then.

Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    Hopefully, this will qualify for a sticky, but after a search for "wishlist" I can't find the usual thread of suggested apps that we can then beg developers for. I'll start.

• Yahoo Greetings app with reminders tied to birthdays from Facebook and other contacts.
    • Content Aggregator app (think My Yahoo) designed for Pre screen size that presents TODAY type information (News, weather, sports, RSS feeds) in landscape mode for viewing during my commute.
    • Getting things Done app - goes along with my GTD Outlook add-in to help organize my life. Would solve issue of more robust tasks list.
    • Market summary app - push summary of certain indices stocks at predetermined time of day along with key economic reports (PPI, CPI, Unemployment) as they are released.
    • Linked In synergy - Pull photos from Linked In like Facebook for contacts
    • ThinkorSwim app - I'll be begging for this, since they have an iPhone app
    • Visual Voicemail app - I just can't stand going in the order received. Please free me from this agony.
    • Voice Recorder with Transcription - Either from voicemail file or voice memo sent to online/desktop voice recognition software. Helpful in my work
    • Flickr/Picassa app - uploading, categorization and forwarding. I'm sure Facebook app has this.
    • Audible.com app - using AudibleAir to stream daily news/magazines - connected to TODAY app
    • Bluetooth for everything app - Listen to turn-by-turn, news streams, internet radio, etc. on headset. Boy I'll need another headset charger
    • Morse code app - use the screen for morse code - OK, way too geeky, even for me, but would be cool to try.
    • Synergy Lockout/Locator app - log in and set device to display individual return instructions if lost. Better yet, use locater app to find exactly where it is.

OK that's enough for now. I'm sure some of these exist on iPhone or even in Pre. I know there are other great ideas out there. Hell, if there's something easy and the SDK is ever available, I can try to build something myself.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    A great voice dialer with bt.
    shsh's weather.
    Something very similar to treoalarm(I use this a lot).
    Checkbook
    Datebk6(maybe not needed?)
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Van Gaasbeek View Post
    Here's my wishlist:

Plaxo for Pre
    MS Messenger (or compatible)
    Sudoku
    A very strong and capable investment calculator
    Program that will allow me to search the local MLS
    Any capable torrent program - movies when traveling!
    Hulu
    Sling
    Bible program with New Living Translation
    Hp12c is available for Palm.I plan to use this in the classic mode.
    However, a new version of this great calculator would be nice.
Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast